testtest

Anyone else into cooking?

College dorm level

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1724190369652.jpg
    FB_IMG_1724190369652.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 27
Well, I busted my a$$ doing the wimin’s work today, and I’ve had enough nuclear burritos to last a lifetime, so I thawed out the pickerel fillets that the neighbors gave me, cooked up the fresh green beans they gave me from their garden (God bless those people), and cooked up some jasmine rice. Figured I’d eat healthy for a change.

IMG_4708.jpeg
IMG_4709.jpeg

Well, I busted my a$$ doing the wimin’s work today, and I’ve had enough nuclear burritos to last a lifetime, so I thawed out the pickerel fillets that the neighbors gave me, cooked up the fresh green beans they gave me from their garden (God bless those people), and cooked up some jasmine rice. Figured I’d eat healthy for a change.

View attachment 65617View attachment 65618
When you say "pickerel", are you referring to what we call "northern pike" down here? I knew a lot of Ontario folks called pike a pickerel...just curious

View attachment 65617View attachment 65618
Looking outstanding !!! 😍

When you say "pickerel", are you referring to what we call "northern pike" down here? I knew a lot of Ontario folks called pike a pickerel...just curious
When I lived in Alberta, we fished a lake just off the Canadian base at Cold Lake. Primrose Lake was full of pickerel. Pickerel is generally smaller than northern pike. Pike has a narrow nose, they’re quite bony and they are a more slim lined fish. Canadians call pike “jackfish”, and refer to pickerel as, well, pickerel.
My neighbors didn’t actually say what it was they gave me but I do know that they fish pickerel out at their lake place.

So to answer your question, to me anyway, northern pike and pickerel are two very different fish.

I myself am an incorrigible dabbler in kitchen and grill magic.......

The stove top, the oven, charcoal, gas, you name it, I'm game.

Steak, pork, chicken, shrimp, burgers, soup...........

I've been nursing along a batch of pasta sauce that seems to be perpetual, and it has only gotten better.

Tonight it's over Angel hair pasta.

The short list of ingredients is: ground beef browned w/peppers, onion, garlic powder, season salt. Simmered with petite diced tomatoes and garlic & oregano sauce, then a few other brand and no name pasta sauces added, along with two or three bay leaves, and oregano. Then cooked on low/medium heat until its bubbling. Then you uncover the pot and let it steep until its nice and thick.

As it's eaten, you add more browned ground beef and your selection of sauce, and other meats, chicken, and pork add texture and flavor as they meld with the sauce.

One day when my metabolism finally calls it quits, I'm gonna weigh 600 pounds.......
'I've been nursing along a batch of pasta sauce that seems to be perpetual, and it has only gotten better.'

When I cook spaghetti sauce it is a two hour event. It is killer. I started making this sauce with the recipe that was in the Chicago Tribune newspaper when Joe Valachi was in the news and in while prison for ratting out the mafia Dons. Over the years it evolved into my own concoction. One of my sons is a chef and I taught him how to make it, contains family secret ingredients. He made a small batch at a restaurant he was the chef at and it sold out before the night was over. The owner wanted the recipe and my son told him no, it is a family secret even after the owner offered him a lot of money for the recipe. Good boy.

'I've been nursing along a batch of pasta sauce that seems to be perpetual, and it has only gotten better.'

When I cook spaghetti sauce it is a two hour event. It is killer. I started making this sauce with the recipe that was in the Chicago Tribune newspaper when Joe Valachi was in the news and in while prison for ratting out the mafia Dons. Over the years it evolved into my own concoction. One of my sons is a chef and I taught him how to make it, contains family secret ingredients. He made a small batch at a restaurant he was the chef at and it sold out before the night was over. The owner wanted the recipe and my son told him no, it is a family secret even after the owner offered him a lot of money for the recipe. Good boy.
my wife used to make her own sauce, especially with my garden fresh tomatoes each summer..but that is tiring and takes too much time, when you include gathering, prepping, cooking, then clean up.

she and i made the meatballs, but again, costs alone are killing us and everyone else these days, so we by pre-made, pre-cooked from a great small grocer...just enough for the 2 of us. (12 in a pack, then we freeze what we don't use)

as we age, we want more convivence, cuz time is no longer on our side..

sorta like bananas......we don't buy dark green ones anymore.

Back