testtest

Anyone else into cooking?

Tonight, it's two pounds (and change) of lean ground beef, browned with diced onions and green bell peppers, season salt, and garlic powder.
Once it's got a nice crumble going on, spoon out the majority of the liquid and grease, add a small can of unseasoned tomato sauce, and some ketchup, along with two cans of baked beans in tomato sauce (drained), then simmer to get everything evened out and add yellow mustard to taste..............and BAM, you have a meal fit for royalty, Sloppy Joe's and beans.........

Tonight, it's two pounds (and change) of lean ground beef, browned with diced onions and green bell peppers, season salt, and garlic powder.
Once it's got a nice crumble going on, spoon out the majority of the liquid and grease, add a small can of unseasoned tomato sauce, and some ketchup, along with two cans of baked beans in tomato sauce (drained), then simmer to get everything evened out and add yellow mustard to taste..............and BAM, you have a meal fit for royalty, Sloppy Joe's and beans.........
Sound great except for the beans part mixed in 😉

Contemplating Thanksgiving, smoked ham and turkey, some smoked sweet potatoes, maybe smoked mac and cheese. Better lay in some more lump charcoal...

Attachments

• 20230709_182255.jpg
    20230709_182255.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 87

ANYONE ELSE INTO COOKING?​

yes, and for supper tonight, i am going to deep pan fry the most delicious pre-packaged delightfully edible cuisine that many aspire to deep pan fry to a near charcoal burnt taste and flavor.......

Ball Park Franks.....!!!!!!!!

no, they still won't have the taste and flavor of a truck stop roller dog, but i will still savoir the ou-dee-la flavor of Pam spray coating on each dog......

and for making many throw up a little in thier mouths, i will line the bottom of the hot dog bun with Ketchup, and the top of the dog with mustard......

followed by a vintage 2023 glass of store brand grape soda.....

now that's what i'm talking' 'bout right there.....!!!!!!!

ANYONE ELSE INTO COOKING?​

yes, and for supper tonight, i am going to deep pan fry the most delicious pre-packaged delightfully edible cuisine that many aspire to deep pan fry to a near charcoal burnt taste and flavor.......

Ball Park Franks.....!!!!!!!!

no, they still won't have the taste and flavor of a truck stop roller dog, but i will still savoir the ou-dee-la flavor of Pam spray coating on each dog......

and for making many throw up a little in thier mouths, i will line the bottom of the hot dog bun with Ketchup, and the top of the dog with mustard......

followed by a vintage 2023 glass of store brand grape soda.....

now that's what i'm talking' 'bout right there.....!!!!!!!

I'm a true suckered for an Oscar Meyer Angus beef bun length dog, covered with chili.......

i tried "chili dogs" more than once, at home.....somehow, not as good as from a hot dog cart.

The true heavenly hotdog stand is Wienerschnitzel...........
Chili dogs, chili fries, when I was stationed at Miramar it was my Saturday lunch stop, and I would eat myself nearly comatose.........
The nearest I've gotten on this side of the country has been Smithfields Chicken & Barbecue.....
But done right, Carol Shelbys chili on an Oscar Meyer is close, and Wolf Brand Angus beef chili is a good eat on a Meyer too....

The true heavenly hotdog stand is Wienerschnitzel...........
Chili dogs, chili fries, when I was stationed at Miramar it was my Saturday lunch stop, and I would eat myself nearly comatose.........
The nearest I've gotten on this side of the country has been Smithfields Chicken & Barbecue.....
But done right, Carol Shelbys chili on an Oscar Meyer is close, and Wolf Brand Angus beef chili is a good eat on a Meyer too....
It always has puzzled me why they named a hot dog joint for breaded veal cutlets, but don't sell wienerschnitzel in their restaurants. But, they have been successful selling hot dogs

Since I retired in '16 I became the house husband and cook all meals while my trophy wife still works.
I cook simple, complex, primitive, gourmet, and everything in between.
I use stove, oven, convection oven, air fryer, instapot, crock pot, gas grill, charcoal grill, griddle, microwave.
I fry, bake, boil, broil, sear, simmer, and grill
If its edible, I can cook it. I can make anything from a toasted cheese sandwich to a gourmet meal that I can't even pronounce.
The short answer is "YES"...

Back