testtest

Carrying multiple guns

On "duty" I carry a Glock model 22 on my hip, a Glock model 48 in an ankle holster and readily accessible in my squad is an M-4 and 12 gauge shotgun. Off "duty" only 1 gun. Just my two cents....
While I'm not crazy about Glocks what you have available hopefully will give you an edge over potential a-holes. My first cop job we all carried S&W 19s or 66's a few carried Pythons. No speed loaders back then 12 rounds in open loop carriers or drop boxes. I carried a j-frame into a homemade holster sewed into my left boot and a Gerber dagger in right boot. Our shotguns were Ithaca M-37's. Were not allowed to carry long guns. I was what was called a Police Marksman. I carried a Rem 700BDL Varmint model in 25-06 with a Redfield Wide Field 3-9 scope in my trunk. Came close but never had to use it.

While I'm not crazy about Glocks what you have available hopefully will give you an edge over potential a-holes. My first cop job we all carried S&W 19s or 66's a few carried Pythons. No speed loaders back then 12 rounds in open loop carriers or drop boxes. I carried a j-frame into a homemade holster sewed into my left boot and a Gerber dagger in right boot. Our shotguns were Ithaca M-37's. Were not allowed to carry long guns. I was what was called a Police Marksman. I carried a Rem 700BDL Varmint model in 25-06 with a Redfield Wide Field 3-9 scope in my trunk. Came close but never had to use it.
Love those Ithacas. I have a Featherlight. Also those Kel Tec shotguns are designed on the action of Ithaca 37s.

I always carry more than one.

It always amuses me how many people wouldn’t get dressed without a gun yet think carrying a second gun is beyond comprehension.

It doesn’t take a whole lot of imagination to come up with reasons for a second gun. Gun failures come to mind first. Anyone who hasn’t had a gun break or otherwise fail on them simply hasn’t had their turn at it yet.

I carry two (or three) if for no other reason than to be able to access just one. I carry IWB at approx 4:00, but when sitting in a lot of chairs this makes access pretty difficult. Other carry methods can be a lot quicker.

I can’t think of any one place to carry a gun that I can access at all times. As you go through your day, truly keep a watch on this. Think “How easily can I get to my gun right now?”. You might be surprised, and that’s on a good day. Now imagine if you are in a fight you didn’t ask for. Your dominant arm is held in some way or injured, or you’re pinned against the wall or ground: Scenarios that are very possible if and when you need a gun.

I always carry more than one.

It always amuses me how many people wouldn’t get dressed without a gun yet think carrying a second gun is beyond comprehension.

It doesn’t take a whole lot of imagination to come up with reasons for a second gun. Gun failures come to mind first. Anyone who hasn’t had a gun break or otherwise fail on them simply hasn’t had their turn at it yet.

I carry two (or three) if for no other reason than to be able to access just one. I carry IWB at approx 4:00, but when sitting in a lot of chairs this makes access pretty difficult. Other carry methods can be a lot quicker.

I can’t think of any one place to carry a gun that I can access at all times. As you go through your day, truly keep a watch on this. Think “How easily can I get to my gun right now?”. You might be surprised, and that’s on a good day. Now imagine if you are in a fight you didn’t ask for. Your dominant arm is held in some way or injured, or you’re pinned against the wall or ground: Scenarios that are very possible if and when you need a gun.
I haven’t seen anyone say it was beyond comprehension.

"I have never been in a situation yet in which I thought than having another handgun on me would make me any safer."

I don't think it took ten posts. Granted, that's about twice as long as I've seen it take on other sites.
Just because you haven't been in such a situation doesn't mean it couldn't happen. I was a police officer for twelve years carried a j-frame in an ankle holster or boot from almost day one on the job. I never had to rely on it but it did give me peace of mind should I need it. I've had a concealed carry permit for 25 years and still carry the j-frame in an ankle holster. In an earlier reply you were an advocate for carrying more than one gun, what changed your mind or did I misinterpret what you said?

"I have never been in a situation yet in which I thought than having another handgun on me would make me any safer."

I don't think it took ten posts. Granted, that's about twice as long as I've seen it take on other sites.
That's simply someone talking about their personal experience. Which is what an internet chat board and every thread in it is for. Precisely.

Nowhere does that quote say it's beyond comprehension, nor does it belittle anyone who's experiences are different.

Just because you haven't been in such a situation doesn't mean it couldn't happen. I was a police officer for twelve years carried a j-frame in an ankle holster or boot from almost day one on the job. I never had to rely on it but it did give me peace of mind should I need it. I've had a concealed carry permit for 25 years and still carry the j-frame in an ankle holster. In an earlier reply you were an advocate for carrying more than one gun, what changed your mind or did I misinterpret what you said?
He was responding to me. Re-read his post, he quoted me.

If I was an LEO I’d definitely carry more firepower, including at least one “backup”. Remember though that those folks are routinely going in harms way and are paid to seek out trouble. As a civilian I merely want to avoid trouble-big difference. If I think I’ll need more firepower than one I’m not planning on going there, and if I did, it’d be with something a lot more powerful than a handgun🙄

He was responding to me. Re-read his post, he quoted me.
The last remark I made was " did I misinterpret what you said." The Night Rider posted, on Thursday 11:41AM, " I have never been in a situation yet in which I thought having another gun would make me any safer." This sentence is the one BarrinIN was referring too. I had already posted my remarks and then realized I made an error.

When I worked the street I carried my service pistol and for a while carried a little .25 auto in a shirt pocket but gave that up. Method of carry of backups presents a new problem. Ankle holsters are a no go for me. I never really felt a great need to carry a backup handgun. Nowadays working the street I would probably carry a P365 in a vest holster. There was always a shotgun and/or MP5 in my car. Nowadays I carry a 1911 and two spare magazines on me and there is usually a shotgun in my truck.

Last edited:
I think you misunderstood.
What I posted in quotes was what someone else said early in the thread.

Someone said they didn't see anyone saying carrying multiple guns was beyond comprehension.
So I gave an example.

Back