testtest

Favorite Movie/TV Guns

I haven't seen that movie in forever. I watched that movie about 20 times on The Movie Channel way back when.
I had to search it out on DVD a few years ago. Found it on a comp disc from amazon -
1611785042198.png

Speaking of John Woo movies...my first revolver was inspired by Tequila’s (Chow Yun Fat) main piece in Hard Boiled...View attachment 14508

A stainless 4” Ruger GP100.

(And yes, Alan's (Tony Leung) gun is a 92F...)
If either one pulled the trigger, the other would be gone and not even put a scratch on the other . Now, if it was a Sig 320, some would say the dropped gun would shoot him back

If either one pulled the trigger, the other would be gone and not even put a scratch on the other . Now, if it was a Sig 320, some would say the dropped gun would shoot him back
Yeah, I try to discourage people from buying the P320 unless it has a mechanical safety. The lawsuits I've seen about that pistol allege some bad facts. Even if not all of them are true I just wouldn't trust that pistol.

Here's another oldie. That big octagon barreled 45/90 Sharps from Quigley down under. Maybe 45/110. I can't remember exactly. I think it was a rolling block.
I loved that movie growing up. I grew up in the Rambo/Commando/Predator era of action movies, so Quigly was my first exposure to western/cowboy style gunfights.

I read an article about the movie gun a few years back. Three Sharps rifles were used in filming. Tom Selleck was allowed to keep all three. He paid to have them reconditioned, then signed and auctioned off two of them for an NRA fundraiser (they were listed as 45/110's). He donated the third to the Brownell's Family Museum. Selleck seems like a good guy who actually appreciates firearms.

I loved that movie growing up. I grew up in the Rambo/Commando/Predator era of action movies, so Quigly was my first exposure to western/cowboy style gunfights.

I read an article about the movie gun a few years back. Three Sharps rifles were used in filming. Tom Selleck was allowed to keep all three. He paid to have them reconditioned, then signed and auctioned off two of them for an NRA fundraiser (they were listed as 45/110's). He donated the third to the Brownell's Family Museum. Selleck seems like a good guy who actually appreciates firearms.
Infamous clip of him being a calm and collected gentleman in the face of a vitriolic ambush.

That clip was awesome. I missed a lot of pop culture in the 90's. I didn't even know Rosie had a talk show. I did find out that that Quigly Down Under is on Netflix. I just watched it. I probably should've slept, but it was a great flick.

That clip was awesome. I missed a lot of pop culture in the 90's. I didn't even know Rosie had a talk show. I did find out that that Quigly Down Under is on Netflix. I just watched it. I probably should've slept, but it was a great flick.
She was the Ellen of the Late 90s for a hot minute, until she couldn't keep her politics out of every single thing she did.

Her treatment of Selleck became the stuff of infamy. I was in junior high when this happened, and didn't have strong opinions at the time on second amendment rights, but even a budding adolescent knew when someone was being unfair and rude.

Back