testtest

finally, i got something

IMG_2976.gif

the supervisor called me a few minutes ago....yes on a sunday...that's ok, it ain't like it's a problem for me.

he got the email from the background checking company, to verify my "citizenship...the I-9 form"

i had to send him a copy of my birth cert, SS, and driver license

again, we as Americans have to PROVE we are such..........

and the welfare line accepts all others....with NO PROOF as to what country they come from........ :mad:

and WE PAY for it........!!!!!!!

the supervisor called me a few minutes ago....yes on a sunday...that's ok, it ain't like it's a problem for me.

he got the email from the background checking company, to verify my "citizenship...the I-9 form"

i had to send him a copy of my birth cert, SS, and driver license

again, we as Americans have to PROVE we are such..........

and the welfare line accepts all others....with NO PROOF as to what country they come from........ :mad:

and WE PAY for it........!!!!!!!
That’s where I would have stopped, no way would I send my birth certificate, SS number over email or internet period, that’s how you get your information compromised, if you can’t give the the information in person, I move on, I personally don’t put any of my personal information over the internet, if you ever been a victim of having your information hacked, like I have few years ago, first thing they tell you is to not put your information out there, just saying, this past year, my health insurance, hospital and Comcast all got hacked, I had to freeze everything……

That’s where I would have stopped, no way would I send my birth certificate, SS number over email or internet period, that’s how you get your information compromised, if you can’t give the the information in person, I move on, I personally don’t put any of my personal information over the internet, if you ever been a victim of having your information hacked, like I have few years ago, first thing they tell you is to not put your information out there, just saying, this past year, my health insurance, hospital and Comcast all got hacked, I had to freeze everything……
yeah, you're right....i could have taken it in person on that monday..

oh well.
The only problem with being a custodian is sooner or later something disappears from an office in the building you work in and they automatically fire the last custodian who was in the room
cameras are in the building, looking at every angle.

Cameras are in the building, looking at every angle.
I worked as a Security Guard for 15 years.

Not all of my assets were in offices but at those that were what I said was pretty much how it went.

If any thing disappeared either the custodial service or the security guards were blamed.

I worked one assignment Security was required to watch the janitors empty trash to make sure they weren't sneaking things out in the waste bins )I thought that was hilarious because from what I saw it was the Swing and Third Shift Security who were robbing them blind).

Every time one of the Custodial Staff was "Laid Off" It was either because they were sleeping or for suspicion of theft.

Although those words weren't actually used. It was always "Client Request".

UPDATE:

well that escalated rather quickly....

(short story, made to be long... :ROFLMAO:)

i showed up for my first night. (today at 5:30 pm)

supervisor hands me the key, and the alarm code.

we "practice" the alarming and disarming....

then go to the janitors closet, he shows me the log book.

then he shows me how to "clock in"

with this

1721688257893.png

only i got an old fashioned "flip phone" that does not scan.....

"Oh God, this is not going to work" he says....

"i can get you to a different building, i don't want to lose you".

do you know where so and so building is"?

sure, exactly....i said (i really do)

"ok, start Tuesday night (tomorrow) , meet me there at 5:30"

then he says, "oh, it's 20 hours a week, not 15 like here, you good with that"?

"yeah, i can handle that"...(i was counting the money already)

so.......my first day on the job, i get a new assignment, and 5 extra hours.....!!!!!!!

man, America what a country, where your first day, you get more hours (equal to more pay), and i didn't even lift a thing..>!!!!!!

my new longer hours will be, 5:30 pm till 9:30 PM...mon-friday, no weekends....

this last job, i would have had weds and suns off, but work on sats....

i gotta go take a nap...i'm all pooped out.....with all this excitement.....

UPDATE:

with this

View attachment 62880

so.......my first day on the job, i get a new assignment, and 5 extra hours.....!!!!!!!

man, America what a country, where your first day, you get more hours (equal to more pay), and i didn't even lift a thing..>!!!!!!

Congrats old me happy for ya

UPDATE:

with this

View attachment 62880

Old me do they still make flip phones ha ha 🤣

Actually, they still do, my wife got one last year from AT&T prepaid phone….
yeah, mine is Verizon, same thing pre-paid, no contracts, i can get texts, but it takes like 6 hours for my to type one stinking word like.....OK.......

i have no use for modern tech, i think they are all too easily hackable, and god forbid i lose mine, and my banking info is on it.....BS, gimme low tech........hey...it got me a better work hours assignment..!!!!!!

You bought it from Dicks ? 😳😕
yeah, i forgot how i went about it, meaning, searching online or a mailed flier..

when i got there, there were two types..

one was for like $19.99, the other was for like $29.99

well the $29.99 was on the cheaper priced shelf.

i go to the cash register, and i was expecting to pay $19.99

the gal said, NO, that's not the right price.

i asked for the manager, he saw all of them were on the wrong shelf.......i got it for free

i even went online and biotched to corporate....even though i was given it for free...

i got a 50% off coupon for anything in the store.

i got a Carhart winter jacket for half off...

never went back there, they stopped selling ammo, bows, arrows, safety glasses, ear protection....

here is the one i got, it was (back then) $29.99.

as you can see, its a camping coffee pot,, but of course, it also goes on the stove.

1721736896732.png

now they seem to only have this one..

Last edited:
UPDATE:

ok, so, last night (tuesday july 23rd) was my first night at another location due to my lack of not having a smart phone, to scan in/out of the building....(refer to posting #29 above)

ok, so as the supervisor told me of the "new location", i need to qualify the original starting point..

i was "hired" to be a custodian at a local bank branch of Chase Bank.

1 level, small building, all to myself, at a reasonable wage..... 15 hours per week, 5 days....cool set up.

ok, so a failure on my part, of not having a smart phone, got me a new location.

supervisor said,, "more hours 5 more, same pay scale, bigger building"

i had asked, "they have a bank INSIDE that location"?

"yes he said"

i get to the new location......no bank inside that location.

He arrives, and said, "yes, they have offices inside"....

no offices inside.....

lie # 1...the pay was actually cut by over $1.00 per hour

lie #2...the bank was a huge 500,000 square foot office building...(i actually worked there as i was going to trucking school...but covid decimated the work force from over 1,000 people to maybe about 100..!!)

there would be NO lie #3....

he claimed he got his information wrong on the pay, yet he is a supervisor

so, i put in the 4 hours, why i didn't walk out when he drove off.......i dunno......, my "training" lead man was a gem, we got along very well, and he knew that i had previous custodial experience even though it was like nearly 50 years ago, (more or less).

i got home, emailed the supervisor (about 10 last night), the the job was just not a good fit for me, and i will not return, and i still "thanked" him for his hard and dedicated work for the company, and wished him well.

i get an email back this morning saying......

"OK, thanks"

i "could have" called him on his lies, i "could have" told him to go "F" himself............

but.........i dunno.........as a former trucker of over 45 years, former mechanic and a great push back attitude from all the BS from those jobs..??

it wasn't worth it..........

someday...........it'll catch up with him.....

so the search for a part time job...........continues.

christ, i hate being a mature old man........gimme back my lions roar......!!!!

Last edited:
UPDATE:

ok, so, last night (tuesday july 23rd) was my first night at another location due to my lack of not having a smart phone, to scan in/out of the building....(refer to posting #29 above)

ok, so as the supervisor told me of the "new location", i need to qualify the original starting point..

i was "hired" to be a custodian at a local bank branch of Chase Bank.

1 level, small building, all to myself, at a reasonable wage..... 15 hours per week, 5 days....cool set up.

ok, so a failure on my part, of not having a smart phone, got me a new location.

supervisor said,, "more hours 5 more, same pay scale, bigger building"

i had asked, "they have a bank INSIDE that location"?

"yes he said"

i get to the new location......no bank inside that location.

He arrives, and said, "yes, they have offices inside"....

no offices inside.....

lie # 1...the pay was actually cut by over $1.00 per hour

lie #2...the bank was a huge 500,000 square foot office building...(i actually worked there as i was going to trucking school...but covid decimated the work force from over 1,000 people to maybe about 100..!!)

there would be NO lie #3....

he claimed he got his information wrong on the pay, yet he is a supervisor

so, i put in the 4 hours, why i didn't walk out when he drove off.......i dunno......, my "training" lead man was a gem, we got along very well, and he knew that i had previous custodial experience even though it was like nearly 50 years ago, (more or less).

i got home, emailed the supervisor (about 10 last night), the the job was just not a good fit for me, and i will not return, and i still "thanked" him for his hard and dedicated work for the company, and wished him well.

i get an email back this morning saying......

"OK, thanks"

i "could have" called him on his lies, i "could have" told him to go "F" himself............

but.........i dunno.........as a former trucker of over 45 years, former mechanic and a great push back attitude from all the BS from those jobs..??

it wasn't worth it..........

someday...........it'll catch up with him.....

so the search for a part time job...........continues.

christ, i hate being a mature old man........gimme back my lions roar......!!!!
Sorry to hear this but I am with you, after I retired I got a part time job being a night attendant at a laundry mat, I got fed up with the oil and gas workers that kept coming in and not paying attention to last load and stuff and fed up with them saying if it wasn’t for us, you wouldn’t have a job, so after a year I told boss I quit, he said i usually get a weeks notice, told him you got a days notice, came in next day he fired me after I quit, what a azz!! You will find something else I’m sure

Sorry to hear this but I am with you, after I retired I got a part time job being a night attendant at a laundry mat, I got fed up with the oil and gas workers that kept coming in and not paying attention to last load and stuff and fed up with them saying if it wasn’t for us, you wouldn’t have a job, so after a year I told boss I quit, he said i usually get a weeks notice, told him you got a days notice, came in next day he fired me after I quit, what a azz!! You will find something else I’m sure
yeah thanks...

i tried liquor store clerk, Laundromat attendant as well (at a 24 hour operation LaundroMax in fact) as well, custodial, security guard, i just do not want any sort of driving/delivery job, and i have a super clean driving record, but i am sick of driving frankly...

it's disappointing, but i been disappointed so many times in my life, "what's new"..???

i do not NEED to work...i WANT to work, but as we age....good ole "age discrimination" means you get over looked, for the younger ones the boss can push around.....we older ones...push back, and got nothing to lose.....we still get a guaranteed monthly check....

there is a gun store always looking for sales people, i go there......i like the place....but would i want to work there...??

"always looking for sales people"..............when one is always hiring, is it a good idea to apply....???

i learnt "that lesson" at an early age.......and "once burnt, is once learnt"

Back