testtest

finally, i got something

They could be giving ammo away for free and you wouldn’t catch me in there.
I bought a shotgun at Dick's before it went woke. Saved $100. Haven't gone back.
I drive an hour to Bass Pro just to buy fishing line to avoid any of my dollars going to Dicks

@youngolddude
I also bought 2 different shotgun packages from Dicks back in the day when about Thanksgiving they would have tremendous sale prices on firearms.

There’s literally nothing on the planet that could make me buy anything from Dicks. Their name suits them.
Yessireebob, I quit buying from the firearms section when Dick's dropped the AR's from their gun line. There wasn't much else that brought me there anyway. But when when I heard they had dropped the entire firearm section, I dropped the entire Dick's. I'll actually walk around their store to enter the mall, rather than the short cut through their store.

And this event is one of only a very few that has ever caused me to talk bad about any store and personally request my friends to bypass them as well. Yeh, I know my little one man crusade doesn't mean much to Dick's store or Corporate. But it sure helps me sleep better at night.

Edit: In addition, I thought about 15 years ago when I retired, that after a few years I'd probably be wanting to find a little something with a few hours weekly just to keep busy, but as I look around today I won't do anything in a small retail store where I might be by myself late and face robbery, or alone in the wee hours where a high jacking might occur. What I'm saying is that the environment for those kinds of part time jobs has changed drastically over a few years. I just won't put myself into one of those situations, especially when/where most will not allow you to carry while working or on the premises.

Last edited:
yeah, i forgot how i went about it, meaning, searching online or a mailed flier..

when i got there, there were two types..

one was for like $19.99, the other was for like $29.99

well the $29.99 was on the cheaper priced shelf.

i go to the cash register, and i was expecting to pay $19.99

the gal said, NO, that's not the right price.

i asked for the manager, he saw all of them were on the wrong shelf.......i got it for free

i even went online and biotched to corporate....even though i was given it for free...

i got a 50% off coupon for anything in the store.

i got a Carhart winter jacket for half off...

never went back there, they stopped selling ammo, bows, arrows, safety glasses, ear protection....

here is the one i got, it was (back then) $29.99.

as you can see, its a camping coffee pot,, but of course, it also goes on the stove.

View attachment 62901

now they seem to only have this one..

Many years ago the wife and I had a 22' WA cabin off shore boat. We often would make weekend trips up/down the rivers and waterways with it and a few other couples on their similar boats. So, we always kept sleeping bags and camping accessories on board for over nighters. One of the things I never left the dock without was a small coffee percolator like this one, a small one burner Butane stove and a couple of the little green cans of gas. Except mine was probably 40-50 years old when I acquired it and I used it for more than 30+ years. My dad and mom used the same pot on similar boat trips when I was just a youngster of maybe 8-10. Anytime we pulled in to shore or docked for a break or overnight, I would light up that little pot and make a fresh cup of coffee. It only made 6 or 8 IIRC, and I'd usually only make about 4 at a time, but I always had my coffee, no matter where or when. Had that pot and stove up till we sold everything and moved here to the retirement community, or 'institution' as I call it in 2018-19.

Nowadays I make cold brewed coffee by the Qt. 1lb dry coffee grounds of choice (mine is 'Chock Full A Nuts') into a qt pitcher of cold water. This pitcher has a replaceable filter and plug in the bottom and covers a small drain hole. Let it sit over night. Come morning, remove the plug with the pitcher sitting on top of a refrigerator pitcher and let it drain. Keep it in the fridge till needed. This makes a very, very strong coffee concentrate. How to make coffee ...........

Add one shot (+/-) of concentrate to a 12-16oz cup, top it off with water, then nuke for about 1 minute. It's like fresh brewed, but convenient as instant. You'll have to experiment a little to get the amount of concentrate to water to get the strength of coffee you want, and the temperature will depend on your nuke machine. But I promise it'll be worth it. I've written here before how big a coffee toker I am and have always been, and I wouldn't go back to any other type of brew for anything. Keep the concentrate in the fridge until needed, it'll last a week (about 32 cups) if kept refrigerated.

If interested, go here to see it.

I have absolutely no interest in Toddy or any other cold brew system financially or otherwise. Mine is Toddy, and I've been using the same pitcher for over 25 years, buying only replaceable filters. My current recipe is a heavy shot of concentrate, a regular 12oz coffee mug/12oz paper travel cup, top it up to near the top, and I nuke mine for 60 secs using an 1100watt oven. I'm drinking coffee most all day and up into the night. My left hand first two fingers have a permanent bend in them from holding cups. LOL!

Many years ago the wife and I had a 22' WA cabin off shore boat. We often would make weekend trips up/down the rivers and waterways with it and a few other couples on their similar boats. So, we always kept sleeping bags and camping accessories on board for over nighters. One of the things I never left the dock without was a small coffee percolator like this one, a small one burner Butane stove and a couple of the little green cans of gas. Except mine was probably 40-50 years old when I acquired it and I used it for more than 30+ years. My dad and mom used the same pot on similar boat trips when I was just a youngster of maybe 8-10. Anytime we pulled in to shore or docked for a break or overnight, I would light up that little pot and make a fresh cup of coffee. It only made 6 or 8 IIRC, and I'd usually only make about 4 at a time, but I always had my coffee, no matter where or when. Had that pot and stove up till we sold everything and moved here to the retirement community, or 'institution' as I call it in 2018-19.

Nowadays I make cold brewed coffee by the Qt. 1lb dry coffee grounds of choice (mine is 'Chock Full A Nuts') into a qt pitcher of cold water. This pitcher has a replaceable filter and plug in the bottom and covers a small drain hole. Let it sit over night. Come morning, remove the plug with the pitcher sitting on top of a refrigerator pitcher and let it drain. Keep it in the fridge till needed. This makes a very, very strong coffee concentrate. How to make coffee ...........

Add one shot (+/-) of concentrate to a 12-16oz cup, top it off with water, then nuke for about 1 minute. It's like fresh brewed, but convenient as instant. You'll have to experiment a little to get the amount of concentrate to water to get the strength of coffee you want, and the temperature will depend on your nuke machine. But I promise it'll be worth it. I've written here before how big a coffee toker I am and have always been, and I wouldn't go back to any other type of brew for anything. Keep the concentrate in the fridge until needed, it'll last a week (about 32 cups) if kept refrigerated.

If interested, go here to see it.

I have absolutely no interest in Toddy or any other cold brew system financially or otherwise. Mine is Toddy, and I've been using the same pitcher for over 25 years, buying only replaceable filters. My current recipe is a heavy shot of concentrate, a regular 12oz coffee mug/12oz paper travel cup, top it up to near the top, and I nuke mine for 60 secs using an 1100watt oven. I'm drinking coffee most all day and up into the night. My left hand first two fingers have a permanent bend in them from holding cups. LOL!
i always wanted to make/try cold brew, but the process of making it is longer, than hot brewing in our Mr. Coffee..

mostly cuz you gotta stand over it, and pour the cold water.....wait for it to drip, etc......

so either i or the wife, load up the Mr. Coffee, brew it, let it cool, then transfer to a jug, then refrigerate it...done deal.

we been "chock-full of nuts" brand drinkers as well.

i always wanted to make/try cold brew, but the process of making it is longer, than hot brewing in our Mr. Coffee..

mostly cuz you gotta stand over it, and pour the cold water.....wait for it to drip, etc......

so either i or the wife, load up the Mr. Coffee, brew it, let it cool, then transfer to a jug, then refrigerate it...done deal.

we been "chock-full of nuts" brand drinkers as well.
Old_Me, re-read what I wrote regarding the cold brewing. There is no waiting involved ... You pour a bag/can of coffee grounds into the Toddy pitcher. It's a little bigger than 1 qt with a stopper/plug and a filter in the bottom. Then fill the pitcher with the coffee grounds with cold water and push it to the back of the kitchen counter out of the way. Throw a clean dish towel over the pitcher to keep out any possible contaminants like bugs, animals, etc. Go on about your business .... then in the morning, pull the plug out of the hole in the bottom of the Toddy pitcher and let the coffee concentrate drain into another pitcher. Over night and during the draining the next morning, you'll be drinking the last couple cups from the previous pitcher of concentrate. Once the draining is done, put that pitcher in the fridge. Use it up during the week. You'll learn from experience when to start the next cycle of the brewing process. You'll want to start it when your previous pitcher is down to about 4-5, or whatever number will get you through to the next morning. Since I'm the coffee drinker at home (the wife might drink one cup every couple days) I watch for my refrigerated pitcher to get down to about 4-5 cups when I'll start my new brew in the afternoon or early evening. I'll finish off those last 4-5 cups between the time I put the next brew on the counter and the next morning when I can drain it and start over. I never run out because I can see what's left in the refrigerated pitcher. And a pitcher usually lasts me just about a week. Occasionally I'll use it up a little faster or maybe a little slower, but none is ever wasted since I don't start a new brewing until the current pitcher is down to that last 4-5 cups of concentrate. Hope this makes it a little more clear and hope you give it a try. The resulting coffee is pure tasting coffee once you get used to it. Since the brewing water never sees a temperature above ambient cold system water, there is no heat to coax any bitters out of the coffee grounds.

PS: IF this is still not clear, let me know.

Old_Me, re-read what I wrote regarding the cold brewing. There is no waiting involved ... You pour a bag/can of coffee grounds into the Toddy pitcher. It's a little bigger than 1 qt with a stopper/plug and a filter in the bottom. Then fill the pitcher with the coffee grounds with cold water and push it to the back of the kitchen counter out of the way. Throw a clean dish towel over the pitcher to keep out any possible contaminants like bugs, animals, etc. Go on about your business .... then in the morning, pull the plug out of the hole in the bottom of the Toddy pitcher and let the coffee concentrate drain into another pitcher. Over night and during the draining the next morning, you'll be drinking the last couple cups from the previous pitcher of concentrate. Once the draining is done, put that pitcher in the fridge. Use it up during the week. You'll learn from experience when to start the next cycle of the brewing process. You'll want to start it when your previous pitcher is down to about 4-5, or whatever number will get you through to the next morning. Since I'm the coffee drinker at home (the wife might drink one cup every couple days) I watch for my refrigerated pitcher to get down to about 4-5 cups when I'll start my new brew in the afternoon or early evening. I'll finish off those last 4-5 cups between the time I put the next brew on the counter and the next morning when I can drain it and start over. I never run out because I can see what's left in the refrigerated pitcher. And a pitcher usually lasts me just about a week. Occasionally I'll use it up a little faster or maybe a little slower, but none is ever wasted since I don't start a new brewing until the current pitcher is down to that last 4-5 cups of concentrate. Hope this makes it a little more clear and hope you give it a try. The resulting coffee is pure tasting coffee once you get used to it. Since the brewing water never sees a temperature above ambient cold system water, there is no heat to coax any bitters out of the coffee grounds.

PS: IF this is still not clear, let me know.
thanks, but to me, too much work......pour water into Mr. Coffee, add coffee, turn on, "drip" and drink....

any "left over", put into another "jug" and put into fridge, for "iced" coffee.

UPDATE:

i went for the "mini" interview wednesday morning, with the woman that over see's the store cleaning, the HR gal was off that day.. i was told the HR gal will get back to me thursday, but never did, nor on friday as well.

she "could have had" the rest of the week off, or something else came up. walmart DOES get back to you to let your know.. "yay or nay"....i know, it's not my first rodeo with them about jobs.

i had my almost 20 year old Red Wings resoled as well, and i applied some conditioner to them, and they too are ready to get back to work.

at least the Red Wings will be ready for winter duty, if nothing else......they have shorter sole lugs which i like, they won't track in snow of mud into the house, and have a long wear compound. worth the money to have them done.

the lugs were way deeper on the last 2 resole jobs. i like these a whole lot more.
1723406290202.png

the boots of many jobs, worn well, and dependable, soon to be 20 years old in october

1723406390609.png

Last edited:
UPDATE:

i went for the "mini" interview wednesday morning, with the woman that over see's the store cleaning, the HR gal was off that day.. i was told the HR gal will get back to me thursday, but never did, nor on friday as well.

she "could have had" the rest of the week off, or something else came up. walmart DOES get back to you to let your know.. "yay or nay"....i know, it's not my first rodeo with them about jobs.

i had my almost 20 year old Red Wings resoled as well, and i applied some conditioner to them, and they too are ready to get back to work.

at least the Red Wings will be ready for winter duty, if nothing else......they have shorter sole lugs which i like, they won't track in snow of mud into the house, and have a long wear compound. worth the money to have them done.

the lugs were way deeper on the last 2 resole jobs. i like these a whole lot more.
View attachment 64128

the boots of many jobs, worn well, and dependable, soon to be 20 years old in october

View attachment 64130
I loved those soles on my Red Wings.

Back