testtest

finally, i got something

There’s literally nothing on the planet that could make me buy anything from Dicks. Their name suits them.
now a days, i agree with you. but when i was a trucking instructor, i needed an insulated rain suit..

they had Field and Stream rain gear (that i still have since 2008), so i went back several times for other things. like thermal socks, underwear, again working outside in sub zero temps watching nitwits back up.

up until the time of the coffee pot fiasco, and them pulling ammo, and stuff off the shelves.

now a days, i agree with you. but when i was a trucking instructor, i needed an insulated rain suit..

they had Field and Stream rain gear (that i still have since 2008), so i went back several times for other things. like thermal socks, underwear, again working outside in sub zero temps watching nitwits back up.

up until the time of the coffee pot fiasco, and them pulling ammo, and stuff off the shelves.
Dick’s went anti gun after Sandy Hook in 2012.

UPDATE:

ok, so, last night (tuesday july 23rd) was my first night at another location due to my lack of not having a smart phone, to scan in/out of the building....(refer to posting #29 above)

ok, so as the supervisor told me of the "new location", i need to qualify the original starting point..

i was "hired" to be a custodian at a local bank branch of Chase Bank.

1 level, small building, all to myself, at a reasonable wage..... 15 hours per week, 5 days....cool set up.

ok, so a failure on my part, of not having a smart phone, got me a new location.

supervisor said,, "more hours 5 more, same pay scale, bigger building"

i had asked, "they have a bank INSIDE that location"?

"yes he said"

i get to the new location......no bank inside that location.

He arrives, and said, "yes, they have offices inside"....

no offices inside.....

lie # 1...the pay was actually cut by over $1.00 per hour

lie #2...the bank was a huge 500,000 square foot office building...(i actually worked there as i was going to trucking school...but covid decimated the work force from over 1,000 people to maybe about 100..!!)

there would be NO lie #3....

he claimed he got his information wrong on the pay, yet he is a supervisor

so, i put in the 4 hours, why i didn't walk out when he drove off.......i dunno......, my "training" lead man was a gem, we got along very well, and he knew that i had previous custodial experience even though it was like nearly 50 years ago, (more or less).

i got home, emailed the supervisor (about 10 last night), the the job was just not a good fit for me, and i will not return, and i still "thanked" him for his hard and dedicated work for the company, and wished him well.

i get an email back this morning saying......

"OK, thanks"

i "could have" called him on his lies, i "could have" told him to go "F" himself............

but.........i dunno.........as a former trucker of over 45 years, former mechanic and a great push back attitude from all the BS from those jobs..??

it wasn't worth it..........

someday...........it'll catch up with him.....

so the search for a part time job...........continues.

christ, i hate being a mature old man........gimme back my lions roar......!!!!
Sounds to me you did the correct thing good for you old me

UPDATE:

ok, so, last night (tuesday july 23rd) was my first night at another location due to my lack of not having a smart phone, to scan in/out of the building....(refer to posting #29 above)

ok, so as the supervisor told me of the "new location", i need to qualify the original starting point..

i was "hired" to be a custodian at a local bank branch of Chase Bank.

1 level, small building, all to myself, at a reasonable wage..... 15 hours per week, 5 days....cool set up.

ok, so a failure on my part, of not having a smart phone, got me a new location.

supervisor said,, "more hours 5 more, same pay scale, bigger building"

i had asked, "they have a bank INSIDE that location"?

"yes he said"

i get to the new location......no bank inside that location.

He arrives, and said, "yes, they have offices inside"....

no offices inside.....

lie # 1...the pay was actually cut by over $1.00 per hour

lie #2...the bank was a huge 500,000 square foot office building...(i actually worked there as i was going to trucking school...but covid decimated the work force from over 1,000 people to maybe about 100..!!)

there would be NO lie #3....

he claimed he got his information wrong on the pay, yet he is a supervisor

so, i put in the 4 hours, why i didn't walk out when he drove off.......i dunno......, my "training" lead man was a gem, we got along very well, and he knew that i had previous custodial experience even though it was like nearly 50 years ago, (more or less).

i got home, emailed the supervisor (about 10 last night), the the job was just not a good fit for me, and i will not return, and i still "thanked" him for his hard and dedicated work for the company, and wished him well.

i get an email back this morning saying......

"OK, thanks"

i "could have" called him on his lies, i "could have" told him to go "F" himself............

but.........i dunno.........as a former trucker of over 45 years, former mechanic and a great push back attitude from all the BS from those jobs..??

it wasn't worth it..........

someday...........it'll catch up with him.....

so the search for a part time job...........continues.

christ, i hate being a mature old man........gimme back my lions roar......!!!!
The company should have issued you either a) a company cell phone, or b) a scan card, or c) a scan fob. The level of cheapness in companies just astounds me. Another peeve: courier companies or those that require travel to remote sites want you to use your vehicle. The mileage pay ain't worth it.

they had ammo on the shelves here in RI and MA for a while, i cannot recall exactly when they went anti gun (here)..i know it "had to be" just after i got into the sport/hobby, (jan 2020) as i looked online for safety glasses, then to the store to buy them....
In 2012 they very publicly took all the ARs they had and destroyed them. The head Dick wrote a letter to congress demanding a ban on “ assault weapons “.

They could be giving ammo away for free and you wouldn’t catch me in there.

The company should have issued you either a) a company cell phone, or b) a scan card, or c) a scan fob. The level of cheapness in companies just astounds me. Another peeve: courier companies or those that require travel to remote sites want you to use your vehicle. The mileage pay ain't worth it.
back in my trucking jobs, we were issued company cell phones, i think the were called Dolphin phones? anyway, yes, if they wanted me, they had to call via thier dime...i was responsible for keeping it on....ooops, and charged up.

update:

i had an online "issue" with the E-Verification of the I-9 form

oh, it was very easy to fill out, but i could not proceed to step 2 of it.

back in the old days, you went to the employer with your drivers license and SS card, and he/she would "verify" you are an American.........

well i don't have a pc camera, to show "live" on air, of my proof...

like WTF.....

so i put in a call to the hiring company...Hire Right

guy just called me minutes ago, and i told him flat out, "back in the old days...yadda-yadda"

he said, take your documents to the boss in 2 weeks, show them to him, he will verify......

like duh...........

what do these frigging companies think, that we are all set up with hundreds if not thousands of dollars in electronics..??

like BS to that.....

being set up with hundreds if not thousands of dollars in guns, ammo, reloading room equipment, is WAY MORE important...

don;t these people get that shite..???

anyway, now i can "proceed" with the next 42,000 steps in the hiring process......

jesus h. christ o' F-ing mighty.......
Just wait for your first day when you get the woke indoctrination.
Back in the day, I would ask for a job, do a welding test and ask when would I start. Pretty simple.

well it's been a long, long road in retirement, or shall i say "boredom" land.

after some time of searching and being denied due to "age discrimination"......yes, it's for real.

i finally got me a small "part time" job, one in which i really wanted to do, cuz it's all light duty (no back breaking) work.

gonna start in 2 weeks, as per the phone call just minutes ago from the supervisor

what was i looking/hoping for, that is easy to do, no one watching over my shoulder micro-managing me..??

building custodian........for a small office/building

i'm stoked too.....

the wife is behind me, the kids like that "gramps" doesn't wanna sit and rot, and the hours are great..

5PM to about 8-9 PM...weds/suns off....

sats, i can go in at about 2PM

i'll be driving to work, in rush hour traffic, when nearly everyone is going home, so i get to be sharp tongued, and road rage ready, like in my trucking days...

ain't life grand..?????

whoopie..>!!!!!!!!
Good for you! Retired, finally, at 75, 5 years ago. Keeping busy is the best thing you can do. Way too easy to sit in the LAZboy, have some I know who have done that, and I pity them. In April, I walked the last 200 miles of the Camino de Santiago.. if you do not keep busy, you will either die or become a vegetable. There is a big, wide world out there, go for t…Semper Fi…B

Good for you! Retired, finally, at 75, 5 years ago. Keeping busy is the best thing you can do. Way too easy to sit in the LAZboy, have some I know who have done that, and I pity them. In April, I walked the last 200 miles of the Camino de Santiago.. if you do not keep busy, you will either die or become a vegetable. There is a big, wide world out there, go for t…Semper Fi…B
thanks....i looked forward to retirement, i think we all do.

some have "plans" on what to do, as i did.

however, those plans only kept me occupied for a short period of time, and at my age, there is much i can no longer physically do. so a "light duty" type of job, like mopping a floor, or cashing out a customer, types of jobs appeal to many of us retired people.

and WE show up for work, as our work ethic is stronger than most nitwits 5 times younger than us

thing is, so many times, numbnuts with thier eyes focused into thier smart phones get hired, and those duties just don't get done, or get done haphazardly.

UPDATE:

i searched indeed.com and Linkedin for employment in the past, and continue to do so....believe it or not CraigsList as well.

last week, on Indeed, there was a walmart ad for a custodian, part time, so anywhere from 3 to 5 days (or nights) a week.

(HR gal said it was the first time they used Indeed and it took me to the "apply" section)

i told the HR gal i really do prefer nights, just not overnights.

fill-in for someone who might be on vacation or taking a day off may provide more hours.

i had previously as 2 years ago, filled out the walmart "assessment" and other forms, so that was on file.

got a call yesterday, about 5:30 pm, but i missed it.

i called about 8:45 today, and got an interview wednesday morning.

not far from my house, so no I-95 traffic, just the local streets to get there.

2 years ago, i applied for stocking..however, that involves moving those heavy pallets all over the store, and unloading the trailers... that was told to me at that time's phone call, , not in the job description online. i wish not to do heavy work with my several back surgeries. so i was still on file for future applications.

now, if my Red Wings come back with those new soles.

i'll let you know what shakes tomorrow.

UPDATE:

i searched indeed.com and Linkedin for employment in the past, and continue to do so....believe it or not CraigsList as well.

last week, on Indeed, there was a walmart ad for a custodian, part time, so anywhere from 3 to 5 days (or nights) a week.

(HR gal said it was the first time they used Indeed and it took me to the "apply" section)

fill-in for someone who might be on vacation or taking a day off may provide more hours.

i had previously as 2 years ago, filled out the walmart "assessment" and other forms, so that was on file.

2 years ago, i applied for stocking..however, that involves moving those heavy pallets all over the store, and unloading the trailers... that was told to me at that time's phone call, , not in the job description online. i wish not to do heavy work with my several back surgeries. so i was still on file for future applications.

Good luck.

We expect lots of Daffy Zone pics of the Wal Mart loony bin shoppers. You know the ones. The WTF were you thinking ones 🤣🤣🤣

UPDATE:

Good luck oldme

Back