testtest

Hellcat OSP and 147g JHP

I have a Keltec PF 9 and it is not fun to shoot with 115 GR ammo. It is very snappy when shooting the 115 GR ammo. I went to 147 GR and it is more of a push then a snap on recoil. It still isn't a pistol you want to put 200 rounds through at a time but it is easier to get through 50 or more rounds.

Keep in mind the PF 9 is very thin at .88" wide and it weighs 12.7 OZ.
Thanks 👍

That's the micro stuff. I don't know anyone who's tried it.
Well one would think it would work in tiny pistols. I've not tried it but I've got several boxes of it just because. Walmart clearance it out at giveaway prices when they got rid of all their gang banger ammo and military 223/5.56 as they called it several yrs ago. Heck I was buying 500 round packages of Winchester and federal for $90, crazy!

Well one would think it would work in tiny pistols. I've not tried it but I've got several boxes of it just because. Walmart clearance it out at giveaway prices when they got rid of all their gang banger ammo and military 223/5.56 as they called it several yrs ago. Heck I was buying 500 round packages of Winchester and federal for $90, crazy!
You should try it. And take notes. I for one would be interested in how it performs. I've never seen it on a shelf or for sale anywhere. I have some 147 gr. HST, but I've got a hell of a lot of 124 gr. HST. It can still be bought in 50 round boxes for about $30, so I buy it often.

You should try it. And take notes. I for one would be interested in how it performs. I've never seen it on a shelf or for sale anywhere. I have some 147 gr. HST, but I've got a hell of a lot of 124 gr. HST. It can still be bought in 50 round boxes for about $30, so I buy it often.
TNoutdoors ( also known as shootinthebull ) Is who I think I saw do the test on 150 HST and said it didn't do very well.

IMG_4470.jpeg
Made it to the range today with my new tiny Hellcat. In order, fired 50 x Federal LE Tactical 124g HST, 17 x Freedom Munitions X-Def 135g +P BHP, 15 x Federal Punch Hellcat 124g JHP, 50 x Winchester SuperX WinClean 147g FMJ, and 50 x Winchester Ranger T-Series 147g JHP. All fed perfectly, fired perfectly, and ejected perfectly (well, I did catch some hot brass on my bare forearms and took a couple of brass head shots after brass bounced off lane walls, neither of which was guns fault).

The Holosun SCS-Carry was solid, as has been my experience with all Holosuns I’ve used so far. At 5 yds, didn’t even make one adjustment out of the box. I had let the locktite set for 72 hours and optic seems to have remained solidly attached.

That’s 432 trouble free rounds across multiple weights, brands, and bullet types. Good enough for me to trust it for EDC.

Targets below are nothing special. First two targets were at 5 yds, and was mostly doing mag dumps to test gun with ammo, but did get try to get reticle back on target before firing. On last target skeleton, with the Win Ranger T 147g, it was @3 yds, five to each shoulder, @5 yds, 10 to center, @7 yds, 10 to center, @15 yards, 5 to center, slow fire (the three misses), and back @3 yds, 5 strings of 2 to center, 1 to head.

IMG_4471.jpeg

IMG_4473.jpeg

IMG_4472.jpeg

IMG_4474.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_4472.jpeg
    IMG_4472.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 13
Back