testtest

Hellcat OSP - Worst Gun I Have Owned in 67 years of Shooting

When i got my Hellcat, it had a small spot of oil on the slide. they actually had the audacity to put oil on the inside of the slide. that oil will permeate the metal and make it soft.

😁 😁
1723324683954.png

that's right, at the very least give the company a chance to make it right.
True story. 2015, bought Dan Wesson Guardian new, .38 Super. Took it to range, could not get one magazine through without failure to feed jams. Kept trying. Round got jammed so bad I couldn’t manipulate slide and I had to have range armorer help me clear it…he used a mallet. Got on DW sight and asked for thoughts…most said send sent it back, so I did. DW paid both way shipping. They had to recut feed ramp, polish, and replace the barrel link with a different size. Never had another problem…well, front sight did fall out, but range armorer repinned the sight and all was good. Gun had over 2500 trouble free rounds when I traded it. Most manufacturers are more than willing to help as the few bucks in shipping and repairs far outweighs bad PR!

True story. 2015, bought Dan Wesson Guardian new, .38 Super. Took it to range, could not get one magazine through without failure to feed jams. Kept trying. Round got jammed so bad I couldn’t manipulate slide and I had to have range armorer help me clear it…he used a mallet. Got on DW sight and asked for thoughts…most said send sent it back, so I did. DW paid both way shipping. They had to recut feed ramp, polish, and replace the barrel link with a different size. Never had another problem…well, front sight did fall out, but range armorer repinned the sight and all was good. Gun had over 2500 trouble free rounds when I traded it. Most manufacturers are more than willing to help as the few bucks in shipping and repairs far outweighs bad PR!
yes, it happens and to all products. Let them fix it and all is well.

i had a Kimber Custom II that had very few rounds, and i had issues. i called them (they were down south at the new location then), sent me a shipping label via the web page, they fixed, shipped it back in less that 10 days if i recall, all PERFECTLY running.

i eventually sold it however, but Kimber was fantastic all the way...

i only sold it cuz i was cutting back on what i had.....and i'm still cutting back in fact.

I bought an RDP barrel and a couple of extended magazines for my Hellcat and with the TLR-6 light/laser I consistently tear the center spot out of targets quickly at 15 to 20 feet. I practice with 124gr inexpensive ball but prefer heavier 147gr. I use a few heavy flat points to keep the feel of the slower, heavier 147gr JHP.

I've switched up, now using the Hellcat for my night table gun and carry my full size 4.5" ported, Hammer fired DA-SA Witness P-S for edc, also packed with 147gr HST's.

The hat's a bonus pic.... gift from my son.
20220113_173933.jpg

20230715_133303.jpg20231231_162432.jpg

It bothers me that the Hellcat is primarily presented as an every day carry and backup gun, it is a pain to load the magazines and a company that does not function test a pistol to make sure that it can go into battery should perhaps reconsider their product line and perhaps start making dishwashers or vacuum cleaners, things that, if they fail to work do not endanger the life of the user.
IMG_7551.jpeg

Look.

There’s a type of very…special…person who goes to a manufacturer’s forum to kvetch loud and long about a product for their very first post.

It’s…interesting…how they almost universally claim to have years, nay, decades of experience with the product.

It’s also…curious…how they will claim that they attempted to “fix” the issue (due to the centuries of experience they have), despite the company offering to fix the issue.

If you see enough of these things…they definitely have a pattern.

Don’t get pulled in by that lure behind the boat, and ignore those that dwell under bridges.

Of course, this just might be a coincidence.;)
Nailed it

Back