testtest

Is Constitutional Carry a Mistake?

Cops are civilians.

Semantics amuck . Sensitive to the legitimate points of various contexts , I've been using these terms:

Being Subject to UCMJ is criteria for Military vs Civillian .

Powers and Obligations to Keep the Peace , Conduct Ivestigations , Apprehend Criminals , etc is criteria for LE vs General Public .

( Not withstanding the existence of Law Enforcement, And Counter Inteligence functions within the .Mil .)

As mentioned before, I don't remember learning or hearing about CC classes in the 1700's. Nor the 1800's. Not even until the late 1900's. All those decades (over a century), so little training...how did we ever survive? It is a constitutional right, full stop.

This.

This, this, THIS.

I truly love shoving this fact down LE’s throats when they claim that they’re different than “civilians”.

THEY AREN’T.
They are however tasked with protecting the public and while they aren't legally bound, per the SCOTUS, to protect any specific individuals, they aren't going to keep their jobs long if they do what most (Smart) civilians do and first exhaust all viable options to remove yourself from the situation before resorting to gun fighting.

They are however tasked with protecting the public and while they aren't legally bound, per the SCOTUS, to protect any specific individuals, they aren't going to keep their jobs long if they do what most (Smart) civilians do and first exhaust all viable options to remove yourself from the situation before resorting to gun fighting.
unless they might be a school resource officer, then that is exactly what many of them do...pensions you know.

As mentioned before, I don't remember learning or hearing about CC classes in the 1700's. Nor the 1800's. Not even until the late 1900's. All those decades (over a century), so little training...how did we ever survive? It is a constitutional right, full stop.
True, BUT we were primarily a rural society (even the city’s were small) and most people were raised with a working knowledge of firearms. Today, an awful lot of people are completely ignorant of firearms. Everyone who Carry’s a firearm should KNOW how to safely handle it. I certainly don’t know the answer-perhaps some basic training on the fundamentals at time of purchase for newbies? I believe citizens have a Right, but I also know they have a responsibility to themselves and their fellow citizens to safely exercise that right. I have seen ignorant people handling firearms in a very careless way (which is why I go out of my way to avoid one local range). Irresponsible handling of a firearm is in Nobody’s best interest.

Back