testtest

Mandatory storage

but you are one of the very few....

was your dad "the law giver" and you were scared of him..???

today's kids settle thier fights with guns.

not all homes have 2 parents.

not all parents lay the house law down on thier kids.

my kids knew, i'd send them thru the wall if they screwed up, or gave the wife a hard time, when i was on the road.

nowadays, kids ain't scared of thier parents, a call to child services is what they do.

and they laugh at you.

not too many parents (or parent) rule the home with an iron fist
Yes, I was talking about me. But that's why I clarified. " Whatever you need to do to make sure your guns don't end up in anyone's hands they don't belong in". That can mean many things to different people.

A large percentage of thug crime is committed with black market guns stolen in car and home burglaries. We really should secure guns, especially in vehicles. I don't know if new law is the answer. But if a member of my family were harmed by a stolen gun that was not secured, I would sue the living crap out of whomever failed to secure it in additition to whatever I would do to the criminal.

A large percentage of thug crime is committed with black market guns stolen in car and home burglaries. We really should secure guns, especially in vehicles. I don't know if new law is the answer. But if a member of my family were harmed by a stolen gun that was not secured, I would sue the living crap out of whomever failed to secure it in additition to whatever I would do to the criminal.
I agree about cars. People who leave guns in cars, well, they need to rethink their decision making process. As for how I store them in my home that’s my business. I do have a reasonable expectation of privacy and security in my own home.

Growing up my old man never had a safe. I knew where his guns were. And some of them were loaded. Something kept me from ever messing with them and it wasn’t a safe.
Growing up I knew like everyone else where the guns were, they rode in a gun rack on the back window of the pickup, and the dashboard and yea if you mucked with any of them dad would whip the tarnation out of you in front of everyone.
Everyone had at least one riding in the back window and the ones that were not were in a fabulous hardwood cabinet with a huge glass window in the front room at home. My dad caught a neighbors son holding one out of the cabinet took that kid back to his dad crying, told him what happened and that he whooped his **** for it, that kid got another whoppin then by his dad.
You didn't muck with anyone's firearms WITHOUT permission! Period!!

Last edited:
Going after someone who had their gun stolen, regardless of how it was stored, is victim blaming.
A gun left if a locked car is secured. If it's stolen, then, the gun owner is a victim of a crime.
By the Left's rules, you can't them blame them for what happens.

I agree about cars. People who leave guns in cars, well, they need to rethink their decision making process. As for how I store them in my home that’s my business. I do have a reasonable expectation of privacy and security in my own home.
I've recently bought a gun safe for my vehicle. It's made by Sentry, it comes with one cable, I bought another cable, so two cables, one on each side of the safe loop through seat pillers on both sides of the seat and the whole thing slides under the seat. It is invisible to the naked eye through any window. Cables are thick 1500# breaking force needed, there is not enough cable length to get much traction to yank on. The whole thing is pretty pry proof, could someone? Yes but they are not going to take 45 minutes to do it. The cable cannot be cut with bolt cutters, I tried with a sacrificial cable, not either of the cables in use.

Last edited:
Going after someone who had their gun stolen, regardless of how it was stored, is victim blaming.
A gun left if a locked car is secured. If it's stolen, then, the gun owner is a victim of a crime.
By the Left's rules, you can't them blame them for what happens.
In my experience many guns stolen from vehicles were not even locked. Thugs prowl neighborhoods looking for unlocked vehicles and many are successful. I have also had owners lie to me about a gun being stolen in a car burglary because they did not want us to know they had left an unsecured gun in the car. Best prevention is just don't leave a gun in the vehicle overnight. A gun safe can slow them down but a competent crook with tools can still get in.

Last edited:
They're gonna **** if they see what 's in my house.
IMG_6923.jpeg

It seems to be more and more that our society accepts thievery as a natural state of affairs, and blames law abiding citizens for not “properly” securing their property rather than making thievery an unattractive career choice. Sad state of affairs. Accepting this mentality has made our society what it is today. Most of us —me included, I guess since I have firearms secured — obviously have accepted this attitude as the norm. I would not be very surprised if one of these days all (or most all) of our firearms have to be stored at the police station to be checked out when we can show a need, like going hunting or to the range. After all, who needs an arsenal in there homes (tongue in cheek)?

You're either joking or your Dad was a bad shot.
Belt Fed I'm sorry I joked about your reply in this thread. I thought you were joking, you were not. My dad was an alcoholic often beat me and much worse my Mother. He came home one night was very drunk and mean. My Mom tried to calm him down, he knocked her down was hitting her in the face. I went to a closet where he kept a 410 shotgun was trying to find the shells when he saw me. He took the shotgun hit me numerous times with it breaking several ribs. One of our neighbors called the police. They arrested him and an ambulance took my Mom and I to the emergency room. I was 10 years old scared to death and I know I would have shot him.

Back