testtest

On The Road……..

So I left Big Creek Campground yesterday, a little early for various personal reasons and I’m currently at a Love’s RV Stop hooked up to a 50amp service and It was a joy making coffee this morning without having to start my generator and burn gas, once I get water and the sewer line hooked up I’m looking forward to a nice hot shower.
Sorry to much information 😂😂😂
I have to say being a campground host in that outstanding location was a great experience and I will certainly miss those Mountain View’s.
It’s also great to have cell service. 😊

So I left Big Creek Campground yesterday, a little early for various personal reasons and I’m currently at a Love’s RV Stop hooked up to a 50amp service and It was a joy making coffee this morning without having to start my generator and burn gas, once I get water and the sewer line hooked up I’m looking forward to a nice hot shower.
I have to say being a campground host in that outstanding location was a great experience and I will certainly miss those Mountain View’s.
I kind of envy you that time in the mountains. I am most at peace when I am in the wild. Welcome back to the land of the living (poor choice of words, I suppose - referring to the cell service. Sometimes it's a blessing to be away from it, though..).

I kind of envy you that time in the mountains. I am most at peace when I am in the wild. Welcome back to the land of the living (poor choice of words, I suppose - referring to the cell service. Sometimes it's a blessing to be away from it, though..).
Agreed and it was good to be disconnected for awhile but not being able to stay in touch with family and friends was hard.

Smoke signals didn’t work??? 🤣🤣🤣🤣 glad your doing ok, take care my friend!

Hi,

Good times. So you're making your way back to civilization? I'm glad your time being "off the grid" was enjoyable. I think everyone should do that periodically. It's good for the soul. Be careful on the road.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Were too next? I remember you posting about your time out at the Padre Island National Seashore. I worked out there for 5 years, about 6 or seven years ago.
Heading back to the San Antonio area.
Padra island was a great place but the salt air was hard on the RV
I’m still cleaning up rust on the frame and painting it with rust oleum.
It also destroyed the inexpensive air compressor I had, just had to buy a new one.

Heading back to the San Antonio area.
Padra island was a great place but the salt air was hard on the RV
I’m still cleaning up rust on the frame and painting it with rust oleum.
It also destroyed the inexpensive air compressor I had, just had to buy a new one.
I know a lot of RVers spray Corrosion X all over the underside of their RVs, but I don't really know how well that works. While working out at The Padre Island National Seashore I always saw people towing half million $ RVs down the beach. I guess they had more money than sense. All of our work trucks were 4x4s and we also had a fleet of UTVs. None of them lasted more than a few years because of all the salt from beach driving.

This is not a good post…….

So I left the Campground in North/West Montana Last Thursday, I’ve been traveling about 280-340 miles a day averaging between 60 and 68mph.
before I got on the road every morning I would do a walk around inspection of the RV and every other morning I would get up on the roof to inspect for issues.
Fast forward to Monday I performed my walk around and got up on the roof and everything was good. I traveled Monday then Tuesday I did my walk around and decided to check the roof again, all good I only drove 240 miles on Tuesday.
Before going to bed I ended up talking to another camper at the RV Stop and he asked me “what happened to the roof?”
In one day……….

IMG_5565.jpeg
IMG_5564.jpeg
IMG_5563.jpeg
IMG_5566.jpeg

Yup one day of driving…….
Following a close inspection it looked like the front edge of the roof rubber membrane pulled out from under the edge of the RV’s front cap allowing air to get under the membrane.
I couldn’t do anything at that time since the sun was going down so I had to lie in bed directly under this section of the roof and listen to the torn sections flap in the wind. ☹️
The next day I was up early and did some research on local businesses that I needed for supplies, I had to stay another day/night at the RV Stop so I could work on my RV.
First I used Duct tape to hold down the ripped sections and then I covered all that with 4inch wide Eterna Bond which is an extremely sticky tape made for RV roof repair. I then stapled the EB tape using 3/8 staples on every edge and followed up that with 2 caulking tubes of Dicor which is a self leveling sealant which is used to fix minor roof leaks. I used the Dicor on every tape edge and covered every staple head. 3.5 hours later…….
IMG_5567.jpeg

This picture is before adding the Dicor caulking. You can see how the Dicor looks after it dries by looking closely at the brackets on the edge of the solar panel.
I was told by an RV dealership service tech that the staples were unnecessary but I knew that I needed to use them to keep the roof membrane from lifting up during travel.
I drove 260 miles today at roughly
60-65mph and when I stopped for the night I inspected the roof and all is good.
I contacted Jayco on Wednesday about a warranty repair which would be a complete roof membrane replacement and have not heard back from them as of yet.

Back