testtest

Potent Potables (aka What’s your poison?)

View attachment 44095
A very nice sipping drink

I've heard good things about the Siete Leguas reposado but have yet to track down a bottle.

My favorite sippers at the moment are Herradura reposado & añejo and Milagro rep is nice for the price as well. I plan to grab a bottle of the Don Julio rep next.

I take tequila ice cold and quick (no salt or lime either...ew). I am, however, always willing to slow down a little so I can actually TASTE it. I may have to give this a try and move up a shelf or two. :cool:

I'd definitely encourage exploring some sippers. They can be every bit as complex and interesting to savor as good bourbons or Scotches, imo (but different flavors, of course).

I've heard good things about the Siete Leguas reposado but have yet to track down a bottle.

My favorite sippers at the moment are Herradura reposado & añejo and Milagro rep is nice for the price as well. I plan to grab a bottle of the Don Julio rep next.

I'd definitely encourage exploring some sippers. They can be every bit as complex and interesting to savor as good bourbons or Scotches, imo (but different flavors, of course).
Oh, I do love a good sipping whiskey. My husband is a Scotch drinker and I must admit that my pallet has adapted quite nicely. Gotta be in the mood though. I love a good Bourbon from time to time also, but I haven't found one to try in a bit.

@belladonna

Not sure if all of these are available in Canada, but I may or may not know someone who could meet you at the border....willing to trade for Timbits. 😉

@belladonna

Not sure if all of these are available in Canada, but I may or may not know someone who could meet you at the border....willing to trade for Timbits. 😉
LOL!! I currently reside in the Land of the Free (but who knows how long that freedom will last)! Tis the thought that counts though. Tell you what, next time I venture 4 hours north, I'll save some for you! ;)

I will keep my eyes open for these.. :cool:

I sell Siete Leguas as one of many brands I represent
It is excellent tequila

I've been pretty much avoiding this thread, but I guess I'll put my story here just for the hell of it. :rolleyes:
When I was a much younger man, Bud, Jack and Jim were my best friends. I was a drunk. I say drunk rather than alcoholic because I never got to the point where I "needed" a drink. But I was at the stage where, more often than not, one usually led to one too many. I was a heavy drinker in High School and graduated to flat out drunk in the Army.
Then one day my charming bride of two years announced that she was pregnant! o_O
At that time we were living from paycheck to paycheck. You know how it is for young couples. Now with new doctor bills and all the planning and buying for a new baby, there just wasn't any extra money for booze. Then one day it dawned on me that I hadn't had a drink in about two years. I also realized that I was much better off for it. (y) In the 40 odd years since, I've had one beer. Sept 10, 2002. It was our 25th anniversary and we were on a cruise ship in the Caribbean. I allowed myself just one to celebrate. After all, I wasn't driving. 😁
In Dec 2010 my wife passed away. I'm gonna tell ya, it was one hell of a fight. I wanted so, so badly to just crawl inside a bottle and hide. The only thing that stopped me was I knew she would disapprove and I just couldn't let her down. She saved me one more time. 😘
I really don't know why I put this out here for the world to see. I'm not looking for sympathy. Just maybe it might help one person? IDK :rolleyes:
Anyway, don't sweat it. I'm no prude. I got absolutely no problem with folks who care to imbibe now and then. But I will warn ya, I got no patience with a sloppy drunk. I know how I used to be. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
I've been pretty much avoiding this thread, but I guess I'll put my story here just for the hell of it. :rolleyes:
When I was a much younger man, Bud, Jack and Jim were my best friends. I was a drunk. I say drunk rather than alcoholic because I never got to the point where I "needed" a drink. But I was at the stage where, more often than not, one usually led to one too many. I was a heavy drinker in High School and graduated to flat out drunk in the Army.
Then one day my charming bride of two years announced that she was pregnant! o_O
At that time we were living from paycheck to paycheck. You know how it is for young couples. Now with new doctor bills and all the planning and buying for a new baby, there just wasn't any extra money for booze. Then one day it dawned on me that I hadn't had a drink in about two years. I also realized that I was much better off for it. (y) In the 40 odd years since, I've had one beer. Sept 10, 2002. It was our 25th anniversary and we were on a cruise ship in the Caribbean. I allowed myself just one to celebrate. After all, I wasn't driving. 😁
In Dec 2010 my wife passed away. I'm gonna tell ya, it was one hell of a fight. I wanted so, so badly to just crawl inside a bottle and hide. The only thing that stopped me was I knew she would disapprove and I just couldn't let her down. She saved me one more time. 😘
I really don't know why I put this out here for the world to see. I'm not looking for sympathy. Just maybe it might help one person? IDK :rolleyes:
Anyway, don't sweat it. I'm no prude. I got absolutely no problem with folks who care to imbibe now and then. But I will warn ya, I got no patience with a sloppy drunk. I know how I used to be. :rolleyes:
I’ve sold it for 30+ years. Wine, beer and spirits.
Every credential you could imagine for the industry.
Sommelier, cicerone, WSET III and master educator of spirits plus many, many more.
I’ve seen booze wreck a lot of careers.
Like anything in life, it’s all about moderation

After dinner bourbon …
769EA34D-3D23-4134-9981-45853BDA2923.jpeg

View attachment 44280

There is never anything wrong with a Crown & Coke.

Except maybe needs a lime.

To ward off the scurvy.
That looks very enticing, but years ago I came to the conclusion that I cannot add a sweet carbonated beverage to a good whiskey. I can't even do water. I sip it straight, but God bless those who will do what they will to their whiskey! If we were all the same, life would be terribly boring. I do, on occasion, add a sweet carbonated beverage to rum...just because. :):cool:

That looks very enticing, but years ago I came to the conclusion that I cannot add a sweet carbonated beverage to a good whiskey. I can't even do water. I sip it straight, but God bless those who will do what they will to their whiskey! If we were all the same, life would be terribly boring. I do, on occasion, add a sweet carbonated beverage to rum...just because. :):cool:
LOL
I remember when I became of age to legally drink my father took me to the Officers Club (we lived on Air Force base) for a Distilled Drink.
It was a proud moment for him to take one of his young adults to Officers Club.
It was a week day early afternoon and only the bar tender was there.

He ordered a Scotch on rocks and I ordered a Rum Anejo 🍹with just a hit of coke.
Needless to say he freaked and in loud voice, told me how could I do such a thing!
The bar tender quickly backed away.
I replied, I want some fizz and I do not want soda water.

Back