testtest

Show off your 1911

0819F852-5F9C-4FCD-9160-7BFC274DEE1A.jpeg
E3AF00A2-5FD8-4B8C-A15D-7D85257F5A64.jpeg

Not all of them. I am now up to 11. 4 Colts, 3 Springfields, 2 Tisas, Alpha Foxtrot, and a Kimber Custom Shop gun.

You are missing a SIG and a S&W! 😁
Very nice flock of 1911's there Eng. You will fit right in here!
Thanks. Been shooting 1911s since the 90s. I’ve had many other Springfields but sold them. One was a Champion LW. Nice piece but didn’t like that proprietary recoil spring setup. Also had a Champion GI from early 90s. Same thing. Didn’t like that weird set up. Had a Lw 5” too which was a nice piece. Don’t remember why I sold it.
I don’t care for Sigs or S and W for various reasons so I won’t own one. I had a Baer but got rid of it due to some janky fitting of the parts. Ran good, but always felt a little different. Just got the Vickers MC. Been looking for one since a few months after they were released. It is the perfect 5” 1911 in my opinion.

I really ought to try one
I bought it to learn to 'Smith a 1911.
Ive:
Replaced the ambi safety and plunger assembly, now I have a positive safety.

Replaced and fit the Nighthawk magwell and beavertail.
Had to file. 007 off the frame to make the nighthawk fit.

Polished the sear and disco to get a 3.7# trigger.

Polished the feed ramp.

Fits the Lok grips [thins] to the safety.

Installed U notch rear sight and a Fiber optic front.

I have a Wilson short trigger on the way.

585 rounds and zero issues. Zero malfunctions.

Shooting it in an outlaw match Sunday.
6e8931fc-e08e-4224-b47b-ede0239417ff-1_all_2228.jpg

v
I bought it to learn to 'Smith a 1911.
Ive:
Replaced the ambi safety and plunger assembly, now I have a positive safety.

Replaced and fit the Nighthawk magwell and beavertail.
Had to file. 007 off the frame to make the nighthawk fit.

Polished the sear and disco to get a 3.7# trigger.

Polished the feed ramp.

Fits the Lok grips [thins] to the safety.

Installed U notch rear sight and a Fiber optic front.

I have a Wilson short trigger on the way.

585 rounds and zero issues. Zero malfunctions.

Shooting it in an outlaw match Sunday. View attachment 65951
Doyou use like a mag polish to do the Feed ramp and your Dremel tool with felt tips

This is a Springfield Loaded lower...loved everything about it, except the forward cocking serrations. Just me, I don't think they look right. So I put a Springfield Mil-Spec upper on it and got this. Reminds me of the old Pachmayr Combat Special like Ray Chapman won with back in the day. Except mine has fixed sights and is a lot more budget friendly!

Attachments

• Springer.jpg
    Springer.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 8
This is a Springfield Loaded lower...loved everything about it, except the forward cocking serrations. Just me, I don't think they look right. So I put a Springfield Mil-Spec upper on it and got this. Reminds me of the old Pachmayr Combat Special like Ray Chapman won with back in the day. Except mine has fixed sights and is a lot more budget friendly!
Love the duel tone you got setup!

Back