testtest

Stellantis having a very difficult time

trader

Professional
Related in part to the Jeep threads - Stellantis is getting more downgrades. Their overpriced vehicles line dealer's lots and are not moving. From the article - "Its North American business is the issue. Falling U.S. sales and high U.S. dealer inventories proved too much for the company to overcome."
for the tldr folks -
Making things worse is the state of dealer inventories. U.S. Jeep dealers ended August with about 122 days worth of sales, while Dodge dealers had almost 150 days of inventory. A safe level of dealer inventories is considered to be closer to 60 days.

High inventories need to be worked off before Stellantis can ramp up wholesale shipments again.

“There were warning signs that inventories were too high and its premiumization push meant pricing in North America was no longer aligned with consumer affordability,” wrote Roeska in a recent report. “But even we were too complacent as it became painfully clear when the wheels literally came off this week.”

i watch ALL brands lots around us, within 30 miles...WE HAVE a bunch
jeep , ram dealer is covered up in inventory
the gm dealer that has gmc and chevy trucks is pretty well stocked, but not excessive, only a handful of large SUVs
the 3 ford dealers are about normal, but my dealer is running out of f150s and expeditions

super duties are about normal with trim levels , but are a big ranch / farm area so superduty , hd sierras and rams 2500 and up move pretty quick......but ram 1500 are growing cobwebs,

i am eyeing a new 2024 f250 king ranch, its dropped 6k in last month..almost to point i would buy it

Stellantis has lived off the Jeep and Ram cash cow here ever since Fiat bought Chrysler. The price of Jeeps has went through the roof, while quality has been mediocre. Changes for the last few years have been limited to paint and decals, yet the prices have went through the roof. Who’d have ever though a Jeep Wrangler would cost 60, 70, 80, or 100k? That’s insane, yet that what most are being priced at. No wonder they’re not selling.

lets not forget too, just a short time ago, dealers could not get new vehicles due to the computer chip factory in China buring down to the ground.

you had to wait a few weeks to a few months to see any new inventory on the lots.

i for one, had to pre-order my 2022 corolla, and colors were limited...it took over a month to get my new car, which i had to get, cuz my lease was paid off on a previous car, and each month, i was losing equity in my trade value.

it is highly possible, that many bought used, off lease vehicles at super ridiculous prices too, and are as fed up with the overall BS of the nonsense of having a computer chip factory burn down, with no back up plans.

pricing notwithstanding, people have had it with the Chrysler brand, the bail out, the crap build quality, constant trips to the dealer for repairs, and the problems still not fixed.

i say let Chrysler die, serves them right for selling out in the first place..

way too many other brands to buy.

Walter Chrysler must be in constant agony in his grave, since all this crap started decades ago.

I’ve a 16 Ram 1500 Ecodiesel that’s been perfect for 96,000 miles. My ‘20 Jeep, on the other hand, not so much (which is why I shipped it down the river). Rough ride, lousy handling poor mileage and mediocre build quality. My old 98 TJ was a great rig, 140,000 trouble free. The new Stellantis team has destroyed Chrysler. I wish an American company would buy Ram and Jeep, bring backquality(and the TJ😊)

I'm only a Dodge guy because of the Cummins engines in the HD Ram line. Owned them for several decades. Started with a couple of the 5.9 Cummins, and now have the 6.7 Cummins. I'll put my Cummins up against any Power Stroke or Duramax any day. My last truck was a Megacab that I had for 14 years and over 300,000 miles. I've had my current truck since 2020 with no issues. But that may be coming to an end. I'm at the point where I need to do the emissions deletes or go with a gas truck. I don't want to deal with all the emission problems that will come up with all newer diesels. And I'm not one for half ton trucks. It must 3/4 ton or bigger and 4x4. I've heard that Cummins is coming out with a 6.7 gas engine for the Ram, with an 8-speed transmission. I might look into that. Or like I said before, just do the deletes and keep this truck for another quarter million miles. Pics are my current truck, and my old Megacab. That thing was a beast! I sure miss it sometimes.
451477988_10225878227927733_4158832208799291124_n.jpg
450447325_10225849410847324_7819795333636922813_n.jpg

I'm not surprised by this. The price of trucks in general is absolutely outrageous. RAM is especially bad with their higher trim levels. the 23' and 24's are plagued with electrical/electronics issues. The 25's are the new inline 6's which everyone is holding their breath on. I love my Laramie, but goddamn am I glad I shopped forever and found a very low mileage CPO. It's been great so far.

I'm only a Dodge guy because of the Cummins engines in the HD Ram line. Owned them for several decades. Started with a couple of the 5.9 Cummins, and now have the 6.7 Cummins. I'll put my Cummins up against any Power Stroke or Duramax any day. My last truck was a Megacab that I had for 14 years and over 300,000 miles. I've had my current truck since 2020 with no issues. But that may be coming to an end. I'm at the point where I need to do the emissions deletes or go with a gas truck. I don't want to deal with all the emission problems that will come up with all newer diesels. And I'm not one for half ton trucks. It must 3/4 ton or bigger and 4x4. I've heard that Cummins is coming out with a 6.7 gas engine for the Ram, with an 8-speed transmission. I might look into that. Or like I said before, just do the deletes and keep this truck for another quarter million miles. Pics are my current truck, and my old Megacab. That thing was a beast! I sure miss it sometimes.View attachment 67725View attachment 67727
cummins saved the dodge/ram trucks pure and simple
i have a 8.3 isc in my bus...freaking stout beast with no issues ever

pricing notwithstanding, people have had it with the Chrysler brand, the bail out....
OK, this is not aimed at Old_Me..

But people bitch about "the bailout". But why don't they have a problem with Daimler-Benz taking the bailout ?

The "merging" (acquisition or takeover) with Chrysler, then Daimler-Benz SIPHONED OFF the billion dollar bailout and then decided to take the money and run, then divesting Chrysler ( or leaving Chrysler holding the empty bag of money that the Germans emptied with their brilliant engineering).

People bitch about the bailout, and then buy a Mercedes to reward Daimler for their brilliance.

And these informed people have had it with Chrysler. I guess I would too if I didn't know any better

I don't get it. Is it a short attention span, lack of awareness, or both ?

Sorry. I get tired of Americans sending our money overseas then saying 'screw America'.

Last edited:
OK, this is not aimed at Old_Me..

But people bitch about "the bailout". But why don't they have a problem with Daimler-Benz taking the bailout ?

The "merging" (acquisition or takeover) with Chrysler, then Daimler-Benz SIPHONED OFF the billion dollar bailout and then decided to take the money and run, then divesting Chrysler ( or leaving Chrysler holding the empty bag of money that the Germans emptied with their brilliant engineering).

People bitch about the bailout, and then buy a Mercedes to reward Daimler for their brilliance.

And these informed people have had it with Chrysler. I guess I would too if I didn't know any better

I don't get it. Is it a short attention span, lack of awareness, or both ?

Sorry. I get tired of Americans sending our money overseas then saying 'screw America'.
well, i am not a Mercedes owner, like an American pick up trucks pricing, i cannot afford a Mercedes..

however, on many car/truck mechanic boards i am a member of, the quality, fit, finish of a Mercedes far out weighs any Chrysler/Dodge/RAM all day long and twice on Sundays.

Mercedes actually re-invests thier profits for new and innovated ideas.

overall, Mercedes is "built like a tank" and can go nearly 1 million miles....

show me any Chrysler product these days, that can do that..??

Chrysler has failed, over and over again...at what point, do you stop bailing water from a sinking ship...and just let it sink to it's grave..???

Last edited:
well, i am not a Mercedes owner, like an American pick up trucks pricing, i cannot afford a Mercedes..

however, on many car/truck mechanic boards i am a member of, the quality, fit, finish of a Mercedes far out weighs any Chrysler/Dodge/RAM all day long and twice on Sundays.

Mercedes actually re-invests thier profits for new and innovated ideas.

overall, Mercedes is "built like a tank" and can go nearly 1 million miles....

show me any Chrysler product these days, that can do that..??

Chrysler has failed, over and over again...at what point, do you stop bailing water from a sinking ship...and just let it sink to it's grave..???
Remember though that for a few years recently MB was at the bottom of the “reliability” chart. One year it was even worse than Jeep😳

Remember though that for a few years recently MB was at the bottom of the “reliability” chart. One year it was even worse than Jeep😳
true, but they have been in the pack of leader of those makers that "re-invent and re-invest" into technology..

i'd not want ANY German, Swedish, or Italian made cars, due to not just the high cost of buying them, but the high cost of maintaining them and repairing them.

my years as a wrench turner taught me that super freaking quick...

i watch a "few" car review shows, that have been giving Mercedes high grades, so they have turned around.

not to say, a problematic car still cannot be built once in a while.

Back