testtest

What a idiot

That's probably true, but I am willing to bet they have zero evidence of that at this point in the investigation. Sounds to me like buying him the gun was all they needed to charge him with murder.

Also I disagree completely with A) calling it an assault weapon. You don't need to do that, that's what we have liberals for and B) a blanket statement that you shouldn't buy one for a 12 year old. It's just a gun right ? Just a semi automatic rifle like any other. I owned a couple when I was that age.

I want to know how the kid got the gun and took it to school though. I mean I could have probably pretty easily snuck out of the house with one of my guns at that age I guess. You know, if I wanted my dad to kick the ever loving dog **** out of me, but.....
While I somewhat agree with most of what you have said I will state this. My father would never have bought me a 22-250, 30-06 bolt action rifle or any high power semi-automatic rifle at that age, a .22 long rifle, a shotgun Yes. Never a high-powered rifle at that age, not a chance in he77.

While I somewhat agree with most of what you have said I will state this. My father would never have bought me a 22-250, 30-06 bolt action rifle or any high power semi-automatic rifle at that age, a .22 long rifle, a shotgun Yes. Never a high-powered rifle at that age, not a chance in he77.
I guess you weren't deer hunting as a youth. I had a 30-30 ( 1894) and a 30-06 ( Rem 700) before I was 15.

Newtown was in Connecticut however it’s probably the same.

This is really no different Jan a case where a parent provides alcohol and the kid kill’s someone in a vehicle. But a gun is involved so people get emotional about it.

I find it hard to believe anyone here after the FBi and state investigators interview them and their kid for serious documented threats would find it appropriate to then turn around and buy a firearm as a gift later the same year
No one here does. That you think that's what I said is somewhat shocking. I guess you just missed my entire point.

I guess you weren't deer hunting as a youth. I had a 30-30 ( 1894) and a 30-06 ( Rem 700) before I was 15.
Yes we did. The only guns I was able to use were dad's or my uncles. I had my own shotgun and .22 at 12.
We shot rifles all the time with my father or uncle at the farm. They were both a little cautious to turn us kids loose on our own with a cartridge that in their words "would easily travel a mile". 😉

Yes we did. The only guns I was able to use were dad's or my uncles. I had my own shotgun and .22 at 12.
We shot rifles all the time with my father or uncle at the farm. They were both a little cautious to turn us kids loose on our own with a cartridge that in their words "would easily travel a mile". 😉
I never had a .22 as a kid. The old man didn't even have one. My mom had a Hi Standard Double 9 pistol, which I now have, but no .22 rifles. I got my first shotgun ( Savage break action single in 20 gauge) at about 8 or 9 and by the time I was 11 I had the Stevens side by side in 12 that I still shoot, or did when I was still quail hunting. Before I ever went deer hunting he had already gotten me the NRA Centennial Win '94 that is still in my safe right now.

My mom's family has a lot of ground in southern Mo. We have always hunted there. I grew up in STL and suburban STL so it isn't like I was out back on my own with a high powered rifle.

I never had a .22 as a kid. The old man didn't even have one. My mom had a Hi Standard Double 9 pistol, which I now have, but no .22 rifles. I got my first shotgun ( Savage break action single in 20 gauge) at about 8 or 9 and by the time I was 11 I had the Stevens side by side in 12 that I still shoot, or did when I was still quail hunting. Before I ever went deer hunting he had already gotten me the NRA Centennial Win '94 that is still in my safe right now.

My mom's family has a lot of ground in southern Mo. We have always hunted there. I grew up in STL and suburban STL so it isn't like I was out back on my own with a high powered rifle.
Was nine when I killed my first deer from a tree stand with a single barrel 12 ga. Wasn't real ethical probably illegal tree stand was over a feeder.

My dad bought me my first gun when I was around 11. A Marlin bolt action .22. A year or so later came a Savage 20-gauge pump shotgun. Still have both of them. I grew up on a farm, so it was no big deal going around un-supervised with those guns. The worst thing that happened to me was I was given my first beer at deer camp by my buddy's father. Everything went downhill from there. I no longer hunt, but I still drink beer like water! lol

Back