testtest

What are you doing right now??

It's something you do as you age. It helps detect colon cancer. My wife lost a sister due to that because she didn't get screened.
yes, the prep one takes the day before sucks, and tastes horrible, but i asked my doctor, and he said, "just mix it with water"' '"the gatorade is to replace electrolytes".....

so next time, that's what i'll do..

best to get this done every xx number of years (for me, its 5 years, due to my doctor find 9 polyps.

NONE were cancerous...

so your buddy and anyone else getting this procedure , is possibly saving thier own life.

ok...i just changed out the fish tank water.....relax.....

but one was indeed pointing straight up to the top, and swimming weirdly..

that's the death swim....he's in the garbage now.......at the cost of my water bill, i ain't flushing.

2 left......

at least now, instead of weekly tank cleanings, i can most likely go nearly 3 weeks...

there they are...the cory (catfish) is in the corner, its brown, and you can barely see it.

1721918997443.png

Just finished having a frank conversation with a resident in a neighborhood I’m working in. It’s a large, upper scale neighborhood with several cul de sacs in it. Almost all of which are currently full of concrete guys and concrete trucks who are tearing out and repaving. And here I am, tasked with changing gas meters. So my rig, Freightliner M2-24’ float + trackhoe is parked out of the way of traffic, but in a place very inconvenient for me. So I’m doing a lot of walking with meters and equipment in my hands.

Enter entitled D-bag who thinks he has money ( he doesn’t have a runway in his backyard and is no doubt about 800k in debt so no, he doesn’t have money). Throwing a hissy fit like a 6 year old because he has to drive slowly and carefully on his way out. You know, at 10 AM 🙄 So I asked him how much complaining he would do if the roads never got fixed and no one ever came to service his gas meter and meter set ( we secure the set if necessary and paint everything besides just changing the meter). Dude just looked at me and sped off.

Strange, all my customers yesterday loved me. Said what a great representative I was for the company and several asked for my name so they could contact downtown and tell them how helpful and polite I was.

Ridiculous people.

Just finished having a frank conversation with a resident in a neighborhood I’m working in. It’s a large, upper scale neighborhood with several cul de sacs in it. Almost all of which are currently full of concrete guys and concrete trucks who are tearing out and repaving. And here I am, tasked with changing gas meters. So my rig, Freightliner M2-24’ float + trackhoe is parked out of the way of traffic, but in a place very inconvenient for me. So I’m doing a lot of walking with meters and equipment in my hands.

Enter entitled D-bag who thinks he has money ( he doesn’t have a runway in his backyard and is no doubt about 800k in debt so no, he doesn’t have money). Throwing a hissy fit like a 6 year old because he has to drive slowly and carefully on his way out. You know, at 10 AM 🙄 So I asked him how much complaining he would do if the roads never got fixed and no one ever came to service his gas meter and meter set ( we secure the set if necessary and paint everything besides just changing the meter). Dude just looked at me and sped off.

Strange, all my customers yesterday loved me. Said what a great representative I was for the company and several asked for my name so they could contact downtown and tell them how helpful and polite I was.

Ridiculous people.
personally i laugh at the d-bags with huge mortgages, and NEED to work....being retired, we have a small mortgage and very affordable with no real need to work, to pay it off.

won't be too long before that d-bag's house in under water.

Ridiculous people.
These days, with most people it is all about “ME” and to hell with anyone else. I work with lots of them. 🙄

Ridiculous people.
Working with the public can be a pain in the azz, I can’t deal with those types of idiots, now some may or may not believe me, but when I worked at my country jail, I got along better with the inmates then the public!!!

Working with the public can be a pain in the azz, I can’t deal with those types of idiots, now some may or may not believe me, but when I worked at my country jail, I got along better with the inmates then the public!!!
it was the same thing in my mechanic days...dumbazz customers telling me they wanted thier car fixed, but could they pay me next month, or to give them a discount, or to get the car done in an hour...

sure you can pay me next month, for nexts months repair

sure i'll give you a discount, when my parts supplier does it for me, and when my mechanics volunteer to work for free

sure your car can be done in an hour, how much gasoline you want me to use when i set it on fire???

drove me (excuse the pun) to truck driving, and working ALONE.

my garage days Hero...Ed Brown...

Ed Brown, owner of the Garage. known by his assistant Chico Rodriguez, as the grump of the garage.
1721934007243.png

Last edited:
personally i laugh at the d-bags with huge mortgages, and NEED to work....being retired, we have a small mortgage and very affordable with no real need to work, to pay it off.

won't be too long before that d-bag's house in under water.
My house will be paid off in a couple months. So will the wife’s car. I own the house next door to me outright.

They can keep their big house in the suburbs that was slapped up in a month, balloon framed and has zero actual plywood on it anywhere.

My house will be paid off in a couple months. So will the wife’s car. I own the house next door to me outright.

They can keep their big house in the suburbs that was slapped up in a month, balloon framed and has zero actual plywood on it anywhere.
that's the thing, many of us "old timers", not calling you old, are way ahead of the payments or done.. we only put a small mortgage on ours to do a few things.....those that buy homes today, at todays prices have a long way to go, and all things being what i have witnessed over the decades, those with large mortgages can and might be under water in thier future.

they have to hope for thier jobs to be around too, very easy to be unemployed, especially if the company gets sold, closes up, whatever.

Ridiculous people.
I often told my officers who encountered Adam Henry's on the job, you get to go home at the end of your shift, but that guy will be an Adam Henry for the rest of his life.

Ridiculous people.
its not just in your neck of the woods
i had a guy ram a blue lumber cart next to me in an aisle yelling it didnt move and then that i was blocking the aisle..HMMM i was in the lumber aisle with space between me and 3 guys with a gazillion 2x6 x12s
he could have passed between us, yet chose to be a DICK and ram empty carts next to me.
so my filter was off and i twisted my cart so my 2x6x10s blocked him and said bless your heart :love:
sad part is had a buggy with 1 can of paint....why was he trying to be a dick at the lumber check out line???

anyway
i got a bit more done in the transition upstairs
the rough is done allowing access to the other room, now a few days of making sure attachment battens are up for the finish wall board to attach. all the metal will be behind finish wall boards
then rock-wool for sound
building rough for small storage THING it will only be 10 inches deep but it also will hide a panel to access a junction box. using some cherry stained doors i had from an OLD fridge as cabinet doors. wife is eagerly awaiting to refinish them now

Attachments

• 20240725_141353.jpg
    20240725_141353.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 35
  • 20240725_144223.jpg
    20240725_144223.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 33
  • 20240725_154853.jpg
    20240725_154853.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 30
  • 20240725_133933.jpg
    20240725_133933.jpg