testtest

What are you doing right now??

Man, I can't believe I slept for over twelve hours. I NEVER do that (well, until today :oops:). There's a reason for that. If the body is inert for too long, the stiffness and soreness set in. I'm hurting like I can't even describe right now, but coffee infusion is happening, and a heating pad on the lower back are working their magic. Over 40 years of very physical work is taking its toll, and I am pushing hard to get to the finish line. I am retiring this gig in January 2025😎
i on the other hand, after over a year of not walking, due to plantar fasciitis, went back to walking many mornings, at least 1/4 a mile, but i push for 1/2 mile each time.

i was getting "heavy legs" and climbing 2 flights of stairs was killing me.

i have since noticed the past few days, i can climb those stairs all the way to the top, and no pains.

the things i do around the house like minor repairs, painting, cleaning, then going out running errands, was not cutting it in getting a work out, like walking.

as mentioned by me some time ago, i WANT to go back to work, that'll give me more walking times, at least, i'd hope so.

i actually read about muscle atrophy, minutes before you even posted.........inactivity

i on the other hand, after over a year of not walking, due to plantar fasciitis, went back to walking many mornings, at least 1/4 a mile, but i push for 1/2 mile each time.

i was getting "heavy legs" and climbing 2 flights of stairs was killing me.

i have since noticed the past few days, i can climb those stairs all the way to the top, and no pains.

the things i do around the house like minor repairs, painting, cleaning, then going out running errands, was not cutting it in getting a work out, like walking.

as mentioned by me some time ago, i WANT to go back to work, that'll give me more walking times, at least, i'd hope so.

i actually read about muscle atrophy, minutes before you even posted.........inactivity
With the work I presently do, I muscle heavy carts around and I walk an average of 8 to 10 miles per work day. It will not be easy to replicate that while retired, without working at it. At least it'll be on my own terms and doing things that I want to do, as opposed to HAVING to do tasks daily for someone else.

With the work I presently do, I muscle heavy carts around and I walk an average of 8 to 10 miles per work day. It will not be easy to replicate that while retired, without working at it. At least it'll be on my own terms and doing things that I want to do, as opposed to HAVING to do tasks daily for someone else.
i was going to ask what you did, but held back.

you are getting a work out, but when you stop like i did, you will feel it, when you stay away for a while, then try to get back into it.

when as a driver loading and reloading, i got activity, not exercise, some people think loading and unloading IS exercise, it just isn't. i had to use my legs to push, and pull pallet jacks. so not a full aerobic(??) workout.

like you i want to do what I want to do, at my own pace

Finished cleaning the .45 Colt lightning. I had an uh-oh moment when the hammer got locked up for some reason. Before I got it going again, I pulled a custom lightning in .38 out of the safe and cycled a few rounds through it. Diddled with the .45 and got it freed up, so now the wife can choose either for the match on Sunday. I'm looking forward to my new to me 1866 in .45 Colt.

i was going to ask what you did, but held back.

you are getting a work out, but when you stop like i did, you will feel it, when you stay away for a while, then try to get back into it.

when as a driver loading and reloading, i got activity, not exercise, some people think loading and unloading IS exercise, it just isn't. i had to use my legs to push, and pull pallet jacks. so not a full aerobic(??) workout.

like you i want to do what I want to do, at my own pace
I work at a window manufacturing plant (higher end), specifically my department manufactures simulated divided light onto double hung style windows. That’s the light part of my job. We support five lines and lug hundreds of units every day to each line. The carts themselves are heavy and hard to maneuver. The plant is large so we are carting them fair distances. They tried out robotics but they were an epic fail. We can move the carts faster without interfering with forklift traffic which is heavy in our plant.
After I was off helping my husband after his surgery, when I went back to work, I sure felt it after the first week.

I work at a window manufacturing plant (higher end), specifically my department manufactures simulated divided light onto double hung style windows. That’s the light part of my job. We support five lines and lug hundreds of units every day to each line. The carts themselves are heavy and hard to maneuver. The plant is large so we are carting them fair distances. They tried out robotics but they were an epic fail. We can move the carts faster without interfering with forklift traffic which is heavy in our plant.
After I was off helping my husband after his surgery, when I went back to work, I sure felt it after the first week.
It’s not Great Lakes is it ? I installed thousands of their windows. They’re good windows.

I just finished dry firing my favorite pistols and I discovered that I can shoot just as well, if not better, with my left eye. Tried it several times and am impressed actually. Never thought about switching eyes before but I had an annoying floater in my right eye, so I gave it a shot (pun intended), and it worked well. 😎

Do you know which eye is your dominant eye ?
My right is my dominant eye. But it looks like I can make the left one work.
1722020739305.jpeg

i delivered to the Anderson Window company years ago....(1990's) THAT was a large factory/plant. river was running along side the company.

driving down (say) the main street, i stopped a man (nice man too) how to get there..he said..

"take any right"

dang, if he wasn't right.....!!!!!!!

Marvin windows are a big seller here in New England.

the GM plants i delivered to in the Michigan area, had pretty much all robotic "carts", they stopped on a dime, if you came like a foot (maybe more) of the inground tracking.

Back