testtest

What are you doing right now??

I normally get up around 4 and once in a while sleep in until 4:30.
There's a problem with the swamp cooler, it was leaking water all over the roof. I shut off the water from downstairs. My wife has been fixing the cooler since she doesn't want me on the ladder. I'll see if she will let me get up there this time. It's gotta be a problem with the float or something simple.

waiting for the Red Wing shoe store to open...i got a pair of insulated work boots i bought in fall of 2005, that needs new outer soles.....this would be the 3rd replacement, since the originals wore out.

of course, pricing will be everything too....the new work boots they have pricing starts at like about $180.

but these old boots are comfortable as all hell, and they just go and go.

then when i get home from that, i gotta pop off all 4 hubcaps on my car, so tomorrow, when it goes in for an oil change/tire rotation?

no one breaks'em or haphazardly puts them back on, and they fly off...which happened on other cars that i had...

like no one knows how to PROPERLY pop off hubcaps, or reinstall them.

waiting for the Red Wing shoe store to open...i got a pair of insulated work boots i bought in fall of 2005, that needs new outer soles.....this would be the 3rd replacement, since the originals wore out.

of course, pricing will be everything too....the new work boots they have pricing starts at like about $180.

but these old boots are comfortable as all hell, and they just go and go.

then when i get home from that, i gotta pop off all 4 hubcaps on my car, so tomorrow, when it goes in for an oil change/tire rotation?

no one breaks'em or haphazardly puts them back on, and they fly off...which happened on other cars that i had...

like no one knows how to PROPERLY pop off hubcaps, or reinstall them.
Hubcaps…… they still have those…🤔🤔

Hubcaps…… they still have those…🤔🤔
yeah, it depends on the model of the cars..i have a corolla LE, and it come with them..an XLE and SE might have styled wheels, and some other LE's might have styled wheels as well. depends on the options packages from the assembly line.

to me, it saves on worrying about wheel theft, and having to buy wheel locks.

my 2nd and 3rd Camry's (LE models) had styled wheels, but those were lease cars

but i can assure you that hub caps ain't cheap either..they hover around $150 each...

which is why i remove/reinstall them myself..

my 1st Camry, as i left the dealership after my "free oil change"......one of my hub caps passed me on I-95....

i took the next exit, went back to the dealer, yelled a little bit.......they owned me a new hubcap, which 3 days later, i went to pick it up.

the next time, same car, Firestone sold me a set of tires, same thing, hub cap passed me, but this time, instead of doing like 60 mph, i was going slower and several cars happily ran over it..

i went back, picked it up...yelled at the manager.....Firestone got me a new hubcap.....

so, i remove/reinstall myself.

well my visit to Red Wing, went very well...they will send it to the shoe repair in NY, will take under 2 weeks......however the boots are old, (18 years old in fact) and i was told they send them back to the factory (MN) for the exact sole...but that takes MONTHS, i said, "that won't work for me"....

R/W clerk told me the shoe repair in NY will replace the soles just with a different tread design, but same R/W quality.....i was sold, for $125.00

then i left there, had to go to Staples for a desk chair carpet protector, the old one is several years old, was splitting......so another $30 for that, and 2 packages of memo pads that we use for whatever.

then i called the wife, and asked her if she wanted Tacos, as i had to go past a Taco Bell, she said yes,

so...2 orders of 3 soft shell tacos supreme, 2 large sodas, set me back like $23.00...she only eats 2, i get the bonus taco....

damn, i better get a job real soon, life is costing me money

18 year old boots ? Man. I destroyed my last pair of Red Wings in less than two years.
as a truck driver, i only had have to walk back and forth to the warehouse, truck, etc, drive, kick the tires, refuel (would always get some diesel on'em).

water repellant, and insulated.

rain, snow, deep puddles, they got me through it all.

at home, gardening, snow shoveling, rock salt spreading, all pretty benign things.

i was told as i recall, they will have a lifetime warranty for the lace hooks/eyelets, and boot laces.

work in asphalt, then out the door warranty.

takes a few years for the outer soles to wear at the heels

i'd change out the inner soles more often.

Back