testtest

What are you doing right now??

Hi,

Just sitting here working on my first cup of coffee, taking in the local news. There's a low layer of fog hanging just below the treeline and it's a clear, cool, still morning. Sun is just thinking about rising. I have to get the mister's coffee shortly, and then get ready to take him in to the VA to get his staples out.

Yesterday was the first day in about two weeks where my body hasn't tried to cough my lungs out. Life is good. :) I may even be able to make it to the range by Friday...or maybe Monday, since I have a decompression therapy appointment on Thursday. Ah, no matter. I'm crawling out of the rut, so it's good. Have a great day y'all. :cool:

A trip to the range always decompresses me! ;) I hope you both continue to feel better. God bless.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Yep you're right I do mine for 5-1/2 hours. I'm fairly good with most meats but having a hard time smoking a very good brisket. I've tried every thing I can think of but the results are just mediocre.
I smoke a brisket for about 16 hours at 225, to internal temp of 195. I wrap it in foil with some honey and apple the last 3 hours, then let it rest in the cooler until serving. The horde here likes it.

Attachments

• IMG_0891.jpg
    IMG_0891.jpg
    701.4 KB · Views: 59
Finishing my second cup of coffee and thinking about getting ready to take Mr. belladonna to the VA for his PT. There's just enough time between his appointment and my decompression appointment to drive him home and turn around and go back to Fargo...😒, and he doesn't want to hang around for mine. Oh well, I do have a full tank of gas...and I do love to drive. Also on the bright side, I can blast my own playlist! 😍

I smoke a brisket for about 16 hours at 225, to internal temp of 195. I wrap it in foil with some honey and apple the last 3 hours, then let it rest in the cooler until serving. The horde here likes it.
Thanks for the info. I've been using butcher paper for the wrap will try foil. My procedure has been smoking till internal temp reaches 160 wrapping till internal temp is 195-200. Are you waiting for 195 internal temp before wrapping? I let it rest in a cooler for a minimum of two hours.

Cleaning up windfall. We got hit hard Tuesday night with hail and high winds. One huge branch of California Black Oak destroyed our picnic table and other knick knacks in our yard. Fortunately nothing hit the house. Our already large burn pile just got a lot bigger. We'll have a heck of a bonfire Saturday when the son in law comes over to help.

I wrap at 165
As do I. Bark is great, but I've dried out too many flats smoking above that without wrapping (point always finishes fine). I've had success not wrapping at all, but those are rare instances w/o drying out the flat. I'm jealous of one who has a smoker that doesn't ruin a flat without wrapping!

Seems we keep side-tracking on what belongs in the cooking thread...

As do I. Bark is great, but I've dried out too many flats smoking above that without wrapping (point always finishes fine). I've had success not wrapping at all, but those are rare instances w/o drying out the flat. I'm jealous of one who has a smoker that doesn't ruin a flat without wrapping!

Seems we keep side-tracking on what belongs in the cooking thread...
This thread is in the Lounge category, just about anything can be discussed. Am I right?

Hi,

Right now I'm resting and waiting for supper. I mowed, edged, trimmed, the yard, vacuumed the house, and helped Mrs. BassCliff with her raised beds. She's got tomatoes, basil, cilantro, and thyme already growing in our old deep sink.

1717106284771.png

Now that I've moved all these supplies to the back patio...

1717106332176.png

And helped assemble these, she'll be able to get these new beds producing soon.

1717106411075.png

I think I'm going to crack open a cold one very soon. I hope you have all enjoyed your day as well. Blessings to all.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Back