testtest

What are you doing right now??

Planning a special day. Going to pick up a dozen roses first thing. Then brunch with Mrs Greener at a Brazilian steakhouse. It is our 44th anniversary, 45 years together. She has grown accustomed to me. Her patience and tolerance it epic.
1717773879381.png

How do you rate it?
It's a bit simplistic.

Missed it when it came by here, but watched it on YouTube. You have to skip thru the periodic ads that interfere.

Mainly watched for the scenery of Lapland since I have a thing about Scandinavia, and I'm well-read on the WW2 battles in that Region.

First with the Finnish Winter War with the Russians, and the War of Continuation when the Finns had no choice to ally with the Germans, and then after the armistice with the Russians which forced the Finns to expel the Germans from Lapland. Both wars were particularly brutal.

The movie was set in the latter. Funny how they use a Russian T-55 tank in the movie as a German tank, but it was interesting seeing one running.

There are some parallels with what's going on in the Ukraine.

Last edited:
Yeah it's sad but that's life. Would imagine Vietnam vets are mostly in their 70's. I do believe WW2 vets and our society during that period were indeed part of the Greatest Generation. Have my doubts we will ever see another great generation.
There may be another 'great' generation by definition, but it'll for sure be based on definitions other than the current one!!!! And that's really sad!!!

Enjoying an illusive morning off. It's raining now, but a little later I'll run up and get my propane tanks filled up, then I have a little yard work from where I pushed a dead tree over out back and removed a massive tree stump from my BIL's front yard across the street with a Cat 304E.

Then we're having dinner with a friend of mine and his wife and then going up to see his band play. I'll be behind the board playing with his new Allen & Heath digital console. I don't normally do sound for him, he normally mixes from the stage in bars and venues who don't have a house system, but he's got a high dollar day gig at some millionaire's mansion next month and he wants me to mix it so I need to familiarize myself with their set and his new board.

Back