testtest

What are you doing right now??

Well it's a rescue.... I wanted a car for my son and I to rebuild together. He picked this after finding it on Craigslist. He now drives a 1972 VW Super Beetle. I am now a VW beetle mechanic who is also a classic Ford mechanic. Sorry, back on track.

This is not a muscle car by any stretch, but it's my muscle car. The power train is an almost stock 289/C4 set up. The transmission was rebuilt within a year of my buying it; the reverse gear went completely out.

The only things I have done to the engine? Last year after a drive on the interstate the factory carb, an Autolite 2100(?), began to give me issues. In lieu of having it rebuilt I dove in and swapped it out the top end. It is now breathing through an Edelbrock 1403 500 cfm electric choke carb sitting on a Jegs Champion aluminum intake. Obviously you cannot put an aluminum intake on a car and not have chrome valve covers.

I am getting some oil burn/smoke when it starts up. I'm thinking that is the heads and not the cylinders. Here is where I'm a little torn. Do I go with better heads or do I just have mine refurbished?

The rear end is a stock 8" with a 3.00:1 gear ratio. The only thing power I have is the steering; drums at all four corners.

I've got to spend some time on the interior before I dig into the engine more and am looking at electronic ignition. Also the single exhaust sounds decent but am looking to add headers and dual exhaust at some point.

View attachment 60027
Yep. Mine came to me with a 289 and left me with a 351c.

Cool. I think if, or when I need to do something like that it is going to be a 5.0/302. Something more modern with a 4+ speed automatic. Better than an AOD. So I can hit the interstate without redline.
I had and almost put a 302 Boss in it. That ended up in a Mustang II. After extensive remodeling of the front end.

I also had a 302ci Chevy motor. That ended up in an El Camino.

Another pigtail.
1718226105673.jpeg

Ok, I’ll stop 😬😬

Watching the YSL state level RICO prosecution in Atlanta where heads are exploding and the Judge is holding one of the defense attorney's in contempt because he won't tell who leaked information on an ex parte meeting the Judge had with prosecutors and a sworn in witness who stood on 5th Amendment privileges after having been granted immunity.

Another aggrandizing over-reach by Fani's Fulton County prosecutor's office where' they're trying approx. 28 defendants for gang related activity. It's the longest criminal prosecution in GA. history and is expected to run into 2025.

Rode the motorcycle to the gun shop to ask about an Obsidian 45 can, fondled a S&W lever action 44 mag. stainless with black plastic stock. man was that thing nice. nearly 1500 bucks i had to hand it back. my 9mm can has not been approved yet but learned i will have to get an adapter to make it work on the H&K VP9. they are left hand threads. but it will work on all my others. even the 9mm SBR.

Back