testtest

What are you doing right now??

A pigtail entails digging up the riser, which is the casing pipe that contains the 1/2” copper service line that is located directly under the meter and goes down approximately 3’ before turning laterally and heading out the main, which in this case is 4’ deep out by the street. When we get down to the 90 in the riser hole we cut the copper and then shove a 3/8” steel cable through it out to a hole we dig in the yard over the service line AFTER it transitioned to 1/2” plastic. Then I hook the cable to a block and tackle ( puller) attached to my backhoe bucket and pull the copper piece ( usually 8-10’ long) out while a Chinese finger behind the splitter on the cable pulls in a new piece of 1/2” plastic. Holes in the yard by the way are as small as possible, dug by hand and the sod is cut off first and saved.

Anyway, in these pictures you will see what this morning’s job looked like when I got here and what it looks like when I leave. All the landscaping around the meter had to be removed and the hole dug, then I installed a new riser, header bar and meter, eliminating the no longer necessary secondary fuel run, eliminating the horrible flexible pipe that lazy ass service guys used instead of hard piping it, installing a new ultrasonic gas meter, painting all the black iron pipes, backfilling and putting all the landscaping back.

It’s me and one guy on my truck and we generally do 2 of these jobs a day ( 10 hours). And when we leave the only way you know we were there is the fact that the gas apparatus on the side of your house no longer looks like dog crap.

Sadly, most of my co- workers are younger and have a terrible work ethic. When they leave their jobs the yard looks like shite and the meter and accompanying appendage looks like shite.
To answer your next question, no the gas company does not care and no there is no standard beyond the safety standards involved. I care though. 😉

A pigtail entails digging up the riser, which is the casing pipe that contains the 1/2” copper service line that is located directly under the meter and goes down approximately 3’ before turning laterally and heading out the main, which in this case is 4’ deep out by the street. When we get down to the 90 in the riser hole we cut the copper and then shove a 3/8” steel cable through it out to a hole we dig in the yard over the service line AFTER it transitioned to 1/2” plastic. Then I hook the cable to a block and tackle ( puller) attached to my backhoe bucket and pull the copper piece ( usually 8-10’ long) out while a Chinese finger behind the splitter on the cable pulls in a new piece of 1/2” plastic. Holes in the yard by the way are as small as possible, dug by hand and the sod is cut off first and saved.

Anyway, in these pictures you will see what this morning’s job looked like when I got here and what it looks like when I leave. All the landscaping around the meter had to be removed and the hole dug, then I installed a new riser, header bar and meter, eliminating the no longer necessary secondary fuel run, eliminating the horrible flexible pipe that lazy ass service guys used instead of hard piping it, installing a new ultrasonic gas meter, painting all the black iron pipes, backfilling and putting all the landscaping back.

It’s me and one guy on my truck and we generally do 2 of these jobs a day ( 10 hours). And when we leave the only way you know we were there is the fact that the gas apparatus on the side of your house no longer looks like dog crap.

Sadly, most of my co- workers are younger and have a terrible work ethic. When they leave their jobs the yard looks like shite and the meter and accompanying appendage looks like shite.
To answer your next question, no the gas company does not care and no there is no standard beyond the safety standards involved. I care though. 😉

Wow, there's a huge difference in the before & after pics.

Got a call from the oncologist office. Said my white blood count is elevated more than last time. Waiting for a call on next appointment. Waiting on dentist to call or text about appointment for lost filling. It would only be to see how bad, not an appointment to fix it. What else can happen? Oh, there's lots of daylight left.

I also have been a member for a few years. What attracted me was the training. It is very basic, but I think for the majority it needs to be. As I have been growing in this community, I am always learning and my views and opinions change and grow. I am comfortable with it for now. There may come a time when I feel I don't need it anymore. The choice is purely subjective.
I’d rather have a firearms attorney in my state represent me that I have already on retainer as a client than the fine print from USCCA

USCCA job is to sell insurance. No diff than any other insurance.

My .02 cents
with USCCA, they can get a lawyer in your state to represent you, or when you call, and you know a very good firearms lawyer, you tell them, and they call that person for you.

so it's not like a public defender's office and you don't know who you are getting.

in my state, believe it or not, as bad as it is anti-2A, there are several very good lawyers that handle gun cases....and criminal law, as well as civil suits, all related to guns.

one being a super pro 2A guy that ran (but lost cuz he's a republican) for attorney general to the most anti 2A guy any state can have....i also emailed him a couple of times to inquire as to if he accepts USCCA, and he does.

so, USCCA does allow you to choose your own lawyer, if you have one.

if not, believe me, i got a list of pro 2A lawyers to choose from, courtesy of USCCA.

and we also have here a law firm that has on ongoing suit against the state about the magazine ban, ans many lawyers for that firm, are gun owners themselves.

so there are many here to choose from.

what i pay yearly for the USCCA membership, is cheaper than a retainer. i also have at the very least 3 different lawyers i can reach out to, for the various specialties they handle, but i'll be damned if i put each one on a retainer.

with USCCA, they can get a lawyer in your state to represent you, or when you call, and you know a very good firearms lawyer, you tell them, and they call that person for you.

so it's not like a public defender's office and you don't know who you are getting.

in my state, believe it or not, as bad as it is anti-2A, there are several very good lawyers that handle gun cases....and criminal law, as well as civil suits, all related to guns.

one being a super pro 2A guy that ran (but lost cuz he's a republican) for attorney general to the most anti 2A guy any state can have....i also emailed him a couple of times to inquire as to if he accepts USCCA, and he does.

so, USCCA does allow you to choose your own lawyer, if you have one.

if not, believe me, i got a list of pro 2A lawyers to choose from, courtesy of USCCA.

and we also have here a law firm that has on ongoing suit against the state about the magazine ban, ans many lawyers for that firm, are gun owners themselves.

so there are many here to choose from.

what i pay yearly for the USCCA membership, is cheaper than a retainer. i also have at the very least 3 different lawyers i can reach out to, for the various specialties they handle, but i'll be damned if i put each one on a retainer.
Personally, I rather pay a lawyer then this so called insurance, but that’s just my opinion, I loath any insurance company, there all scams to get your money, but since you have to have insurance, car, house and such, nothing I can do but give in, if you want the USCCA, that’s your personal choice, just not for me.

Personally, I rather pay a lawyer then this so called insurance, but that’s just my opinion, I loath any insurance company, there all scams to get your money, but since you have to have insurance, car, house and such, nothing I can do but give in, if you want the USCCA, that’s your personal choice, just not for me.
MMMmmmmm....

this insurance, is what pays the lawyer

I was a little off the green today. ;)

1719959754227.png

Back