testtest

What are you doing right now??

I spent all day yesterday at my parent's cleaning out the basement. It was day 3. My dad built several workbenches down there, all of which have been sitting in water at different times as their basement began purging groundwater via static pressure between the floor and the walls a couple years ago. So the entire basement has to be emptied, most of the stuff that was on the floor will be pitched or burned. All those workbenches were built down there. Meaning they have to be cut into pieces and carried up the steps, taken through the house and loaded into my truck. So today I am taking a day off from that. Back at it tomorrow. So far I have 6 industrial bins full of tools that I will need to find a place for out in my shop. Who needs 4 dremels ? At one point my dad had a gunstock checkering outfit going down there. He also was an avid woodworker. That was long ago before he got cancer and became a neck breather. I sold his lathe a few years ago. I brought home a drill press, a table saw, a scroll saw and 3 bins worth of reloaders and reloading equipment. So far two truckloads of wood to be burned and there is still a huge judges bench, an old dresser, another workbench, several wooden tables, a couple more built in shelves and an old armoir, all of which currently houses my mother's things, ranging from clothes to hundreds of pounds worth of china and china painting paraphenalia.

That's just step one. Then I have to do a drain tile and sump pump system. It's not a walkout so that means 5 gallon buckets of rock and concrete debris will have to go out the small basement hopper windows and new rock and concrete will have to come back in through those windows. Just me and my wife. My brother's dead and my sister doesn't help with anything having to do with my parents. I may just pay someone to do the sump system.

Well, it's one way to spend your vacation I suppose.

Yep sitting here watching this thing
20240906_075118.jpg

we got the bees wax applied to the ceiling boards
gives it an aged look without being aged. sort of softens the room mood.
will be a great library/tv room/entry
picture cannot tell the story good enough
the bees wax soaked into the wood very nice, applied 2 nd coat this morning, now to dry for a few days then out comes the buffer

still on fence about walls
i despise sheetrock and all it entails
but need a lighter wall reflection. was leaning on bead board up to 36 inches, then a light colored wood panel or OMG sheetrock

Attachments

• ceiling.jpg
    ceiling.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 21
Finishing off coffee #1. The husband is taking me to my first gun show today. They don't have many in these parts so when I heard there is one in West Fargo, well...gotta go! 😎 He has to work tonight so I was going to go alone, but he is insisting on taking me. I think he's afraid that something might follow me home.... :ROFLMAO:

Back