testtest

What are you doing right now??

I loaded the rest of my .45 Colt bullets yesterday, so today I cleaned a couple of guns, a Stoeger double and a Uberti 1873 short rifle. The double went quickly, but the rifle took some time. While I had the rifle apart, I also took the mag spring and follower out. Uh-oh. I don't recall the last time I did that, but the stainless spring looked rusty. Ooops! I ran some patches through there with some G96 until it was clean and cleaned the spring. This should be done at least annually, so I must have skipped a year or so. I'll do some others tomorrow just to spread the joy around. :cool:

Most newer cars require a transmission fluid exchange at 30000 miles now. If its close to that milage that might be the issue
Toyota has a sealed transmission, so not until 60,000, or up to 100,000

i think i will have the flush done when it hits 60,000 miles...even under the Toyota extended warranty, to pay like $400 will be money well spent, if with my crap luck, that extended warranty ends, and the troubles begin...

back in my wrenching days.....pull a trailer..??...every year

otherwise, every 2 years.....

and we did not have a flush machine back then, drop the pan, filter, refill...lots of old, dirty fluid in the torque converter never comes out that way, but it's what we had back then.

Last edited:
Unpacking my recent order from SGAmmo.
IMG_2386.jpeg

i thought you had a "brand new" car that was still under warranty, that's why i mentioned the re-programming, that many times is needed for some issues.
It was brand new in 2021. I appreciate the mention of reprogramming. It turns out that transmission flush is a ā€œmaintenanceā€ thing and not covered by warranty. It is something that would have needed to be done sooner or later. If that doesnā€™t fix the issue, then it is on the warranty. Thank you though, for your advice. I will remember that reprogramming thing, trust me. šŸ™‚

The husband just got home. We are going up north to his cousinā€™s land to prep the deer stands and do some shooting. I havenā€™t shot my AR yet. Well, he comes in with a Scheels bag and gives it to me. Happy birthday, he says, and gives it to meā€¦

IMG_4811.jpeg

My birthday isnā€™t until December, but hey, Iā€™ll run with it!šŸ˜Ž

The husband just got home. We are going up north to his cousinā€™s land to prep the deer stands and do some shooting. I havenā€™t shot my AR yet. Well, he comes in with a Scheels bag and gives it to me. Happy birthday, he says, and gives it to meā€¦

View attachment 67793
My birthday isnā€™t until December, but hey, Iā€™ll run with it!šŸ˜Ž
Ooh, nice haul. Happy Birthday.

Zero the optic at 50 yards. You'll have an offset of about 1" out to about 200 yards where you'll be on again. In theory.

Back