testtest

What have you bought firearms related in the last 48 hours?

IMG_3373.jpeg

Just picked this Beretta Pica .380, factory demo Y gun, $169.99, going to retire the .25 and use this when needed

Phone conversation with my son about his range day with a gun gamer cop friend of his provoked a 'disturbance in the force.' Checked into the cost of getting my Wilson EDC X9s fitted with a comp and cut for an RMR. They charge some strong money for adding the comped barrel.

Started looking around and found a deal on a used KKM barrel and comp for a Glock 19. I have a virtually unfired G19.3 gathering dust in the safe. Looked into getting its slide cut for an optic and found that Brownell's make cheap replacement slides already cut for RMR and nitrided that are reputedly good to go. I'll wait until Black Friday and pick up a RMR HD. Will be my first pistol optic. Nice to have a little project running.
I’m gonna speak as someone who has owned both a G19 and a X9.

There is no comparison between the two, beyond they both launch 9mm bullets.

It’s comparing a plow horse to Seabiscuit.

I’m gonna speak as someone who has owned both a G19 and a X9.

There is no comparison between the two, beyond they both launch 9mm bullets.

It’s comparing a plow horse to Seabiscuit.
I agree! I've got the mid size X9 and a couple of X9s -one with rail so I'm pretty into the platform. Was going to have the railed gun comped and cut for an optic but I'm not willing to spend 1800.00 for the comp plus 280.00 to cut for the optic and refinish -to do so. Once this gun is up & running I'll do some training with the RDS and probably pass it on to my boy who shoots primarily striker guns. The railed X9s will get an optic when Trijicon comes out with a narrower base version. Probably never wear a comp unless, Vegas pays off especially well on a visit! :p
wilsons.jpeg

So.

Walked in to my dealer, who I’ve been working with for decades.

He’s getting out. Selling everything.

So I got a few deals for being a loyal customer…View attachment 68677View attachment 68678
I’m such a sucker for ATAS .22’s…

He threw in the HK tac pack (3x17rd VP9/P30 mags and a case) for basically nothing.
Wow very nice, sorry to hear you are losing a good business you have frequented. Got a new one in mind?

Wow very nice, sorry to hear you are losing a good business you have frequented. Got a new one in mind?
There’s a couple in my area, but…

I’m probably going to have to start driving 30-45 miles to find a smaller guy to work with…someone who knows me, is willing to deal, etc. The two local places are part of multi-shop establishments, and don’t really deal.

The establishing the relationship is gonna be the expensive part.

There’s a couple in my area, but…

I’m probably going to have to start driving 30-45 miles to find a smaller guy to work with…someone who knows me, is willing to deal, etc. The two local places are part of multi-shop establishments, and don’t really deal.

The establishing the relationship is gonna be the expensive part.
Yeah, i had to do the same 5 years ago when my guy closed down.

Yeah, i had to do the same 5 years ago when my guy closed down.
The problem is?

The bigger guys only care about their bottom line; they don’t care about making a relationship with a customer that’s willing to spend (does some math) just under $10k in a year, give or take.

A small guy? Yeah, he’ll establish that relationship.

I’ve got a couple places in mind.

The problem is?

The bigger guys only care about their bottom line; they don’t care about making a relationship with a customer that’s willing to spend (does some math) just under $10k in a year, give or take.

A small guy? Yeah, he’ll establish that relationship.

I’ve got a couple places in mind.
Yeah the guy i changed to is about 40 miles away but he is worth it. Generally, if it is not sonething i find at his shop that needs ordering I go to Williams Gunsite to look and handle things then I order from my small guy.

Last edited:
Back