testtest

WTF ? Optics plate loose again !

😁 kinda makes me think his screws are not long enough and barely grabbing a couple of threads.
IMG_3052.jpeg

Ok, it’s a 2011 and my last pistol was a XD9 Elite with an SRO that nvr came loose once over 3k rds 2 seasons of comp shooting using blue loctite .The irons work every time but in my Division 99% of shooters run a dot so gotta play this game . Last night I cleaned everything under magnification and then washed threads and screws with solvent applied some red gel and after plate was torqued to 20 inch lbs (over spec I know) I then took a punch and staked both screws on the edge to keep them there forever . Heading to range today I will let you know what I find . The HEX mounting screws have stayed tight last two outings it’s the mount that’s f#%k’d . Thanks for the replies I will look into new screws in the mean time and possibly swap to the SRO in the future

Attachments

• IMG_4313.jpeg
    IMG_4313.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 17
I am having the same problem. Sent 5" prodigy back to SA under warranty (production date May 2024) along with the A14B plate (for my SRO). They fit new slide to gun, mounted plate and six weeks later I got it back. At this point they have had the gun longer than i have owned it. I put witness marks on plate screws before mounting dot and mounted dot according to trijicon specs. Took it to range three days in a row 200 rounds per trip. Around the 500 round mark the plate to slide connection was loose again. I contacted them again (10-2-24) by phone and suggested that the only thing we have not replaced is the $100.00 plus AOS plate and that I want to buy a new one to rule that out. They said they would send a new plate along with screws at no charge. Also said I need to use loctite 7649 primer $28.00, and blue loctite.
The plate arrived today, minus the rear u notch site. Contacted SA again and they are sending the site along with set screw. Yes I can remove the site from original plate but at this point I will wait for the new one.
Contemplating drilling though plate and putting a little tig magic in there to the slide.I really love the way this gun shoots, but refuse to remove optic to secure plate every 500 or so rounds.

question, what gun were you using when you qualified for (Nationals in TX)? does it sport a Hex Dragonfly?
That’s my fear they will fix it but take weeks to do so

New, but I would never put one on a carry gun that may or may not work when needed. Regular sights have been used for generations and

have proved themselves. Also, auto transmissions have proved themselves over the years wise guy.
Manual is still better. And if you train to use a dot that has malfunctioned you’d find that it doesn't affect your ability to hit your target whatsoever. I’ve seen complete noobs put hits in the A zone from draw out to 10 yds with their dot turned off.

Manual is still better. And if you train to use a dot that has malfunctioned you’d find that it doesn't affect your ability to hit your target whatsoever. I’ve seen complete noobs put hits in the A zone from draw out to 10 yds with their dot turned off.
Not saying they are bad but it's a persons choice if they want to use one. Don't need some fool making a smart remark because I choose not to use one. They need to keep comments to themselves just like I do when I don't agree with a subject. If someone wants to start something bring it on!

The ratio of ones that have worked for years to the ones that have failed is likely a staggeringly lopsided number in favor of the former.
Mebbe… I’ll take yer word fer it :)
Guess my thing is, they could offer a jet fighter radar lock-on targeting device, and I guaran-dang-tee you I’ll STILL be shootin’ low-left.
Can’t wait til my range offers that as a match category !
😇
😉
😂🤪😂

Not saying they are bad but it's a persons choice if they want to use one. Don't need some fool making a smart remark because I choose not to use one. They need to keep comments to themselves just like I do when I don't agree with a subject. If someone wants to start something bring it on!
You’re absolutely right. I just like to offer the flip side when I see someone making uninformed comments.

Back