testtest

A day in the life of an EDC knife.

Very nice knife. We grow attached to them like an old friend.

I was issued this Kershaw more than 20 years ago and has been sharpened so many times the serrated part is gone. It works great on horse and dog food bags and wine foil and baler twine and just about anything I want to cut, pry, scrape, or hammer.
Wait, you drink wine ? …. And have land with cool toys and guns???

You just may be my new bud over @SimonRL as he doesnt drink wine, let alone try to get him to drink a second beer 🤣🤣🤣

Yesterday, my birthday, was like most days since I started carrying a knife oh 54, 55 years ago, and just like all those days the chores performwd by the blade where pretty pedestrian.

Day started out filling bird feeders

View attachment 39695
View attachment 39696

Then moved on to cutting zip ties to add faux ivy to the snowglobe.

View attachment 39697

Then I watered the hanging plants with plant food.

View attachment 39698

Then I made some pool noodle bumpers for beams in the garage and car ports to save car doors.

View attachment 39699View attachment 39700

And the day ended with a nice steak dinner and the blade was used for its most pleasurable task.

View attachment 39701

A typical day for my EDC knife, and not a single tactical bad guy defensive use, again... oh well it's ready if it ever occurs, even though it's chosen for it ability to perform mundane chores more than some of the more martial designs.
Nice knife !
Happy belated birthday !!

Yesterday, my birthday, was like most days since I started carrying a knife oh 54, 55 years ago, and just like all those days the chores performwd by the blade where pretty pedestrian.

Day started out filling bird feeders

View attachment 39695
View attachment 39696

Then moved on to cutting zip ties to add faux ivy to the snowglobe.

View attachment 39697

Then I watered the hanging plants with plant food.

View attachment 39698

Then I made some pool noodle bumpers for beams in the garage and car ports to save car doors.

View attachment 39699View attachment 39700

And the day ended with a nice steak dinner and the blade was used for its most pleasurable task.

View attachment 39701

A typical day for my EDC knife, and not a single tactical bad guy defensive use, again... oh well it's ready if it ever occurs, even though it's chosen for it ability to perform mundane chores more than some of the more martial designs.
I started carrying a small leatherman last year. I never realized how much i would use it every day. Before the leatherman i woukd sometimes carry a Schrade Old Timer i had since i was a kid.

So this is really only barely ( and that's a stretch) appropriate for this thread, but anyway....

I had been growing a beard for quite a few weeks, maybe a month.. So today I had a proper shave for the first time in awhile. I decided to use my straight. I have whittled my collection of razors and paraphenalia down quite a bit over the last year or so and this is what's left. If you look closely you'll see my straight on the 4th shelf up from the bottom and on the bottom shelf you'll see 4 or 5 of my favorite carry knives. The two shelves of razors represent about $1500 worth of new razors and vintage Gillettes, including a 1931 "New", a 1956 Red Tip and a Black handled Super Speed and a Slim that were made in the 4th quarter of 1968, just like me.

So this is really only barely ( and that's a stretch) appropriate for this thread, but anyway....

I had been growing a beard for quite a few weeks, maybe a month.. So today I had a proper shave for the first time in awhile. I decided to use my straight. I have whittled my collection of razors and paraphenalia down quite a bit over the last year or so and this is what's left. If you look closely you'll see my straight on the 4th shelf up from the bottom and on the bottom shelf you'll see 4 or 5 of my favorite carry knives. The two shelves of razors represent about $1500 worth of new razors and vintage Gillettes, including a 1931 "New", a 1956 Red Tip and a Black handled Super Speed and a Slim that were made in the 4th quarter of 1968, just like me.

Wow. I don’t think i’ve ever seen a razor collection. Never knew.

Wow. I don’t think i’ve ever seen a razor collection. Never knew.
Dude, this is about 1/3 of what I used to have. I sold most of them off and gave a lot of them away. Sold a lot of brushes too. If you look on the shelf with the brushes, the 3 all the way to the left, that's about a grand in 2 band silver tip badger right there. The razor just to the right of the straight, that's a Timeless .095. I paid $250 for it.

I had easily twice as many soaps and aftershaves too, but I gave a lot of it away to guys I turned on to "Wet shaving".

Dude, this is about 1/3 of what I used to have. I sold most of them off and gave a lot of them away. Sold a lot of brushes too. If you look on the shelf with the brushes, the 3 all the way to the left, that's about a grand in 2 band silver tip badger right there. The razor just to the right of the straight, that's a Timeless .095. I paid $250 for it.

I had easily twice as many soaps and aftershaves too, but I gave a lot of it away to guys I turned on to "Wet shaving".
There’s a bud light joke in there somewhere 🧐🧐🧐🧐🧐

Joke.. just a joke …

Wow cool collection. Do not own a razor and have not shaved since 1976. I would probably slit my throat if I tried today lol.

Back