testtest

A day in the life of an EDC knife.

Dude, this is about 1/3 of what I used to have. I sold most of them off and gave a lot of them away. Sold a lot of brushes too. If you look on the shelf with the brushes, the 3 all the way to the left, that's about a grand in 2 band silver tip badger right there. The razor just to the right of the straight, that's a Timeless .095. I paid $250 for it.

I had easily twice as many soaps and aftershaves too, but I gave a lot of it away to guys I turned on to "Wet shaving".

How you enjoying that new Microtec?

So I like my Benchmades plenty and they are sharp, but they are not as sharp as the Microtech. I used all three today cutting an apple and the Microtech went through considerably easier/smoother. Does that mean anything ? Probably not. Just means my MT came sharper than the Benchmades. Could be the steel I suppose. The BMs are S30V and the MT is M390.

Another day in the life in the EDC knife. Once again, nothing exotic, no ninjas or zombies, just mundane every day chores.

1st opened up a box which contained some expandable ivy panels for the sides of the snow globe. Then opening the packages and cutting zip ties to put them up.

20230609_094221.jpg

20230609_094302.jpg

20230609_094455.jpg

20230519_101416.jpg

Then I moved on to trimming up some limbs overhanging the bird bath and getting it filthy.

20230615_105855.jpg

Then it disassembled several boxes to go out to the garbage.

20230615_104541.jpg

Lastly it sharpened a carpenters pencil for some woodwork.

20230610_163756.jpg

Boring mundane stuff but the edc knifes life is pretty tame. It's life pretty much calls for any number of basic knives, I just love a one hand open and closer.

Another day in the life in the EDC knife. Once again, nothing exotic, no ninjas or zombies, just mundane every day chores.

1st opened up a box which contained some expandable ivy panels for the sides of the snow globe. Then opening the packages and cutting zip ties to put them up.

View attachment 40749

View attachment 40750

View attachment 40751

View attachment 40754

Then I moved on to trimming up some limbs overhanging the bird bath and getting it filthy.

View attachment 40753

Then it disassembled several boxes to go out to the garbage.

View attachment 40748

Lastly it sharpened a carpenters pencil for some woodwork.

View attachment 40752

Boring mundane stuff but the edc knifes life is pretty tame. It's life pretty much calls for any number of basic knives, I just love a one hand open and closer.
It sure is handy. I guess I'm still in the honeymoon phase. I do all kinds of things every day that require using a knife. Most of them I still find myself using one of my beaters because I don't want to dull my new MT. :)

Another week has passed, rather boring week as usual for the Edc knife. Pretty mundane, no ninjas, pirates, hell not even a cranky 1 year old with teething pains.

Put some trimmer line in the trimmer.
20230619_103553.jpg

Put a new cord on a fan.

20230628_094542.jpg

Trimmed some plants.

20230628_093942.jpg

And skinned a bear.

20230628_094312.jpg

Ok ok I was lying about the bear, wanted to make it seem less boring.

Oh yeah I did cut corn off the cob at a cookout for my wife, she wears dentures. But I was threatened with her using the knife on some tender bits if I posted that picture...

Last edited:
Another week has passed, rather boring week as usual for the Edc knife. Pretty mundane, no ninjas, pirates, hell not even a cranky 1 year old with teething pains.

Put some trimmer line in the trimmer.View attachment 41168

Put a new cord on a fan.

View attachment 41169

Trimmed some plants.

View attachment 41170

And skinned a bear.

View attachment 41171

Ok ok I was lying about the bear, wanted to make it seem less boring.

Oh yeah I did cut corn off the cob at a cookout for my wife, she wears dentures. But I was threatened with her using the knife on some tender bits if I posted that picture...
Of those things the corn on the cob is the only thing I would have used a knife on. The rest seem like jobs for loppers or cutters.

The vast majority of what I use a knife for on a daily basis is skinning Bell cables so I can hook a locator to it, scraping buried copper lines until they’re shiny gold colored so I can hook a locator to it and opening bags of grass seed. I have a plethora of inexpensive knives I carry at work for these jobs. The one in my pocket right now is a $30 S&W spring assisted 4” drop point.

My good knives are jealous. They mostly sit in my pocket or cut food for me. 😊

Of those things the corn on the cob is the only thing I would have used a knife on. The rest seem like jobs for loppers or cutters.

The vast majority of what I use a knife for on a daily basis is skinning Bell cables so I can hook a locator to it, scraping buried copper lines until they’re shiny gold colored so I can hook a locator to it and opening bags of grass seed. I have a plethora of inexpensive knives I carry at work for these jobs. The one in my pocket right now is a $30 S&W spring assisted 4” drop point.

My good knives are jealous. They mostly sit in my pocket or cut food for me. 😊
I can understand that, they are expensive very nice knives. I used to be that way but these days i figure if I cannot do mundane chores like this I need a different knife. And I need to know what the blade can do in a real emergency.

This does have limits, I do not use knives as pry bars, chippers etc. The one thing I might have been a tad hesitant about was cutting the wire. But I needed to know how well the fine edge would hold up, a blade that chips would be replaced.

Plus, there is just that feeling I get using a fine blade, like shooting a fine double rifle or shotgun, I know you know the feeling. At 64, I really just feel, enjoy it...

I can understand that, they are expensive very nice knives. I used to be that way but these days i figure if I cannot do mundane chores like this I need a different knife. And I need to know what the blade can do in a real emergency.

This does have limits, I do not use knives as pry bars, chippers etc. The one thing I might have been a tad hesitant about was cutting the wire. But I needed to know how well the fine edge would hold up, a blade that chips would be replaced.

Plus, there is just that feeling I get using a fine blade, like shooting a fine double rifle or shotgun, I know you know the feeling. At 64, I really just feel, enjoy it...
I guess the honeymoon just isn’t over yet. 😊

I guess the honeymoon just isn’t over yet. 😊
I can understand that too, generally I think it is over when you stop sitting there watching TV at night opening and closing it like an adult fidget spinner. I get far fewer dirty looks these days since I stopped doing that every night. Now they are reserved for me filing or sanding blades by hand while we watch tv lol.

I can understand that too, generally I think it is over when you stop sitting there watch TV at night opening and closing it like an adult fidget spinner. I get far fewer dirty looks these days since I stopped doing that every night. Now they are reserved for me filing or sandibg blades by hand while we watch tv lol.
Well you called that. I’m usually clicking or flipping one open after dinner when we’re sitting at the dining room table watching Jeopardy or playing on the computers.

Well you called that. I’m usually clicking or flipping one open after dinner when we’re sitting at the dining room table watching Jeopardy or playing on the computers.
I still get to play, er, practice with it under the guise of routine maintenance every few weeks. Blow it out with canned air and add a few drops of Tuff Glide. Then have to keep working it back and forth to remove any excess and insure everything is lubed properly. Proper lube is important.

I still get to play, er, practice with it under the guise of routine maintenance every few weeks. Blow it out with canned air and add a few drops of Tuff Glide. Then have to keep working it back and forth to remove any excess and insure everything is lubed properly. Proper lube is important.
I forgot to bring a fork today. Ever eat a salad with a razor sharp knife ? It tasted a little like gun oil.

Yesterday was a busy day for my EDC. Lots of use and excitement, yet still no ninjas to fight.

Started out opening a magnet tool holder for the shed.

20230803_091535.jpg

Then it moved on to open up
box of shovel wall holders.
20230803_091015.jpg

Then it got to open up the individual packages

20230803_091353.jpg

Then it opened up a spring loaded door closer for a door on the snowglobe

20230803_084636.jpg

Afterwards I gave it a good cleaning with canned air and Tuff Glide and let it rest after such a hectic day.

Attachments

• 20230803_091353.jpg
    20230803_091353.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 118
Back