testtest

Do you clean after each range trip ?

you know, i got 2 different ways to comment on this.......

but given that some of my postings have been deleted, for one stupid reason or another...........

i'll refrain from my thoughts on this..........

until someone else steps up and starts the 5hit show............
we all know what comments you were going to make. just go ahead and say them and let the show begin... 🍿

I firmly believe shooting skills are perishable. I'm an old guy have been shooting various weapons for over 60 years. As much as I like to shoot I don't enjoy cleaning guns at all. I thoroughly clean them after each range visit. I have to drive 35 miles to the closet range, try to shoot at least once a week.
I’m like you. I commute 60 plus miles a day for work. My closest range is 30 miles from home so I squeeze in a range day in middle of the week before I become the walking dead. I clean strip them down and clean them on the weekend. I don’t like waiting that long but I don’t like to mess with firearms with a foggy brain.

Yeah, but see, this one took a completely different turn very rapidly, all it needed was a little nudge from @Old_Me @mikep and @Recusant It's like a different topic now :p :p :p :p
IMG_2212.gif

Hunting rifle rounds or ar10 yes. White glove clean and Sweets solvent, light oil.
To prevent Copper fouling.
Ar-15 and Glocks no. A wipe down and few drops of oil after each visit.
Complete cleaning every other visit. Which is about every 500-600 rounds.

To me, it depends on how many rds were fired and how long it's going to sit before I shoot it again. All of my deer rifles get cleaned thoroughly at the end of the season. I will wipe them with a oily rag periodicly to protect from rust. If I shot a hand gun that probably won't get shot again for several months I give it a thorough keeping before it is stored away. I will usually check it again in a week or so to guard against rust. Guns I shoot often get wiped down good as soon as I get home. With today's modern gun powders cleaning a barrel after every range trip really isn't as neccessary as it was years ago when there was more corrosive ammo was in circulation. Some country's surplus ammo may need special attention if you're not sure. Usually it's the primer that's corrosive and not so much the propellant, but if you have any question then a solvent that's rated for corrosive ammo is a must. As a rule I won't fire surplus ammo in a high dollar firearm reguardless of the gun's age or where the ammo was made. Depending on the person doing the cleaning sometimes just breaking down a gun for a cleaning and putting it back together puts more wear and tear on a firearm then shooting it often. Besides, today's powers don't draw moisture out of the air which was what caused issues years ago. Other than shooting .22 ammo most guns today could go for several hundred rounds between cleanings. The bottom line is it boils down what you believe based on what you've been taught.

To me, it depends on how many rds were fired and how long it's going to sit before I shoot it again. All of my deer rifles get cleaned thoroughly at the end of the season. I will wipe them with a oily rag periodicly to protect from rust. If I shot a hand gun that probably won't get shot again for several months I give it a thorough keeping before it is stored away. I will usually check it again in a week or so to guard against rust. Guns I shoot often get wiped down good as soon as I get home. With today's modern gun powders cleaning a barrel after every range trip really isn't as neccessary as it was years ago when there was more corrosive ammo was in circulation. Some country's surplus ammo may need special attention if you're not sure. Usually it's the primer that's corrosive and not so much the propellant, but if you have any question then a solvent that's rated for corrosive ammo is a must. As a rule I won't fire surplus ammo in a high dollar firearm reguardless of the gun's age or where the ammo was made. Depending on the person doing the cleaning sometimes just breaking down a gun for a cleaning and putting it back together puts more wear and tear on a firearm then shooting it often. Besides, today's powers don't draw moisture out of the air which was what caused issues years ago. Other than shooting .22 ammo most guns today could go for several hundred rounds between cleanings. The bottom line is it boils down what you believe based on what you've been taught.

Good video, thanks! I usually clean mine the next day, unless I feel froggy and do it later the same day as range day.

I strip, inspect and clean after every range session.
the guns, right? 😁
oh my gawd......naked people in da house...naked people in da house........!!!!!!!!!!!
If you take a lady friend to the range that could end up being the best part of the trip! :cool:

we all know what comments you were going to make. just go ahead and say them and let the show begin... 🍿
ooooooo.............kkkkkkkk................

regarding the strip and, and clean...............and of the naked people all over da place, and taking a lady friend to the range and being the BEST PART of the trip...........

it's gonna either hurt, having hot brass bounce off those loose bouncing boobies, or burn like hell someone's P/P, if the brass lands on those parts, cuz after all, the guy will "stiff as a board" and not too mention, the private hair burning from that such hot brass....

that's one scenario

on da other hand..............

others trying to focus on thier targets, will without a doubt, shoot themselves, maybe shoot the person they are with, and or join in and get naked as well.....lending to more P/P's getting burnt, private hair fires that will be unstoppable, and some lurking in the back row, undoubtedly getting "excited"...hey it could happen, we don't know everyones "partner preferences these days".....

and a whole git down and dirty orgie of shooters, onlookers, and maybe even an RSO or two, will take place...

put me down for 2 tickets.!!!!!!!

1696964325915.png

Back