testtest

Do you clean after each range trip ?

I got my VP9 to the range to zero in the Holosun SCS I bought for it. Much to my surprise my first three rounds all went in the same hole. No need to zero! I wasn’t sure what I was going to think of the SCS because the window is a lot smaller than I prefer, but I found that it sits so low (cowitnesses with the standard height sight) that it just naturally indexes - no chasing the green dot. VP9 and SCS is a great combo.
Yeah, I figured it was. Now I guess I gotta buy another one.

I gotta say though, I'm not having any issues transitioning. I haven't been chasing the dot. May be the doughnut of death reticle, but I'm okay with that.

I got my VP9 to the range to zero in the Holosun SCS I bought for it. Much to my surprise my first three rounds all went in the same hole. No need to zero! I wasn’t sure what I was going to think of the SCS because the window is a lot smaller than I prefer, but I found that it sits so low (cowitnesses with the standard height sight) that it just naturally indexes - no chasing the green dot. VP9 and SCS is a great combo.

Pretty much the same experience with my PDP Pro SD + SCS

Walther PDP Pro SD.jpeg

Yes, I need pics please.

Now I also have the original slide with a nice set of TFX Pros on it I will probably never use again.
I’m thinking I might eventually put an SCS on my VP9SK.

A comparison of my Viridian Green Dot with suppressor height sights and SCS with standard sights.

IMG_6279.jpeg
IMG_6280.jpeg

I couldn’t position the guns to show the dot on both sights, but you can see the difference in sight windows.
IMG_6281.jpeg

Each gun with the dot cowitnessing with the respective iron sights.
IMG_6282.jpeg
IMG_6283.jpeg

I’m thinking I might eventually put an SCS on my VP9SK.

A comparison of my Viridian Green Dot with suppressor height sights and SCS with standard sights.

View attachment 44970View attachment 44971

I couldn’t position the guns to show the dot on both sights, but you can see the difference in sight windows.
View attachment 44972

Each gun with the dot cowitnessing with the respective iron sights.
View attachment 44973View attachment 44974
Too bad I don't know someone who would cut my original slide for the SCS affordably. Then I would just buy a frame.

If Apocalypse or Russian missiles are coming a clean gun will be a moot point. If it’s a Red Dawn scenario I’ll have time to clean my Sigs and HKs. If my ARs need cleaning there’s something wrong with them.
whaddya talki'n 'bout..??

don't you watch all the movies..??

guys shoot down airplanes all the time with .38 specials.........!!!!!!

so dun't ya think a 1911 will shoot down a "SAM"..???

i think so, especially my D/W Heritage..>!!!!!!!

The radiator of an old mustang i had in high school was like that. Never change the fluid or it would leak! 🤣
you know, that's "true" in some cases...back in my wrenching days, Fords were notorious for rear main oil leaks...

i had a customer that never changed his oil, his car had like over 100,000 miles on it, he just added oil.

back then, Mobil came out with Mobil 1 synthetic...(full oil change was like $25 back then, i'm talking early 1970's money)

i busted his chops and told him he SHOULD change over to that, and save on oil...

of course too, the Mobil 1 would ran out faster that a race horse at Belmont.....and he would seized up his engine.......

but i would made out great, installing a good boneyard engine..........plus the $25 (wayyy back then) for a Mobil 1 oil change...!!!!!!

I still dont understand why folks clean a gun after 1 box of ammo ??

Guess since I shoot weekly, they get inspected weekly ..

Not a dig, just dont understand OCD on a daily firearm.
Heirloom , Yes, daily gun.. hell no
i still don't understand why some folks still stay away from Turkish built guns...??

and i got me some heirlooms...my D/W's, my Sigs, My S/As', my Glocks, my Kimber, every gun i own is a heirloom....

they cost me money, an investment pretty much, that i want to last for a long time, or until i sell them.

is it OCD...???

maybe, or is it just cleanliness of one's possessions..???

i vacuum my car weekly, more if it needs it, i wash it at least 2 times per month, or less depending on the weather, and wax it at least 2 times a year.

either me or the Mrs, change the sheets weekly, and we do laundry (towesl, sheets, clothing, etc) several times a week..?

clean freaks...??

well, for us, it's "preserving the life" of things we "invested in", cuz no one can afford to go out and buy these things weekly or monthly, when they wear out prematurely, or break due to mishandling.....

i clean/vacuum yes, vacuum, both my reloading presses, and lube with grease or oil as per the owners manuals.....OCD, or taking care of what i own..??? what i invested in...????

some guys right here on this site, go out and buy guns nearly every day.....i am on SS and a pension, and i cannot afford to do that, so I MUST "preserve and protect my investments" all the time, to make them last.

not even with the Mrs Bingo winnings, do i go out and buy several guns a week.

ammo..?? components..?? gunpower....?? different story, those are "expendables" or consumables....

low dollar, or high dollar guns......are not...expendable at least, not to me, or some of the rest of us.

so.....OCD....??

Maybe...to some

i still don't understand why some folks still stay away from Turkish built guns...??

and i got me some heirlooms...my D/W's, my Sigs, My S/As', my Glocks, my Kimber, every gun i own is a heirloom....

they cost me money, an investment pretty much, that i want to last for a long time, or until i sell them.

is it OCD...???

maybe, or is it just cleanliness of one's possessions..???

i vacuum my car weekly, more if it needs it, i wash it at least 2 times per month, or less depending on the weather, and wax it at least 2 times a year.

either me or the Mrs, change the sheets weekly, and we do laundry (towesl, sheets, clothing, etc) several times a week..?

clean freaks...??

well, for us, it's "preserving the life" of things we "invested in", cuz no one can afford to go out and buy these things weekly or monthly, when they wear out prematurely, or break due to mishandling.....

i clean/vacuum yes, vacuum, both my reloading presses, and lube with grease or oil as per the owners manuals.....OCD, or taking care of what i own..??? what i invested in...????

some guys right here on this site, go out and buy guns nearly every day.....i am on SS and a pension, and i cannot afford to do that, so I MUST "preserve and protect my investments" all the time, to make them last.

not even with the Mrs Bingo winnings, do i go out and buy several guns a week.

ammo..?? components..?? gunpower....?? different story, those are "expendables" or consumables....

low dollar, or high dollar guns......are not...expendable at least, not to me, or some of the rest of us.

so.....OCD....??

Maybe...to some
I have had more Turkish made guns fail that I have used than from all other makers combined. Shotguns are horrible, rifles pretty bad and pistols are batting only 30% from the hundreds I have shot over 20 yrs.

As for cleaning, a pistol or AR in particular should go thousands of rounds before it needs cleaning. there should be no wear on the firearm from normal firing.

Now, if the firearm is your conceal carry, a proper cleaning after range use would be in order so you dont put it back in your holster and get some powder residue on your fancy pair of Dickies Coveralls.

I am clean person, but I am not OCD about it.
I "preserve and protect" my investments as well, I just not OCD about it. :)

Do you guys use T.P. every time, or just live with the residue until 2000 rounds or so?😁😉
apples and oranges....

that would be like dipping your gun in the mud.. of course its getting cleaned after use.

the other would be like going #1 and your good to go to you shower the next day, or do you shower after every time you do a #1 :unsure::sneaky:😝

Back