testtest

Do you clean after each range trip ?

giphy.gif

On a more serious note, I. Lean my guns when I feel like it cleaning ‘em. I’ll go 250-500 rds between cleanings. They’re all combat guns. They can take it.
I just got back from the range and it's killing me not to go out to the shop and clean the guns. Maybe 90 through the carbine and 124 through the VP9. I really won't have time to clean them until the weekend, but I doubt I can wait that long. Something will have to give.

On the bright side, that VP9 is fantastic. We ( my buddy and I ) do this transition drill with 2 targets at 15, 2 at 25 and a steel silouhette at 100. So from L-R it's 15>25>25>15 then about ten steps to clear the berm and >100. It incorporates a mag change on the pistol and a mag change on the AR. We add a second for every miss. My times have been in the 23-25 range. Today they were all under 20 with the best string being 17.33 with no misses. VP9/507 and WC/512. Out of 124 rounds with the VP9 I missed 1. I should have switched to a dot long ago.

I just got back from the range and it's killing me not to go out to the shop and clean the guns. Maybe 90 through the carbine and 124 through the VP9. I really won't have time to clean them until the weekend, but I doubt I can wait that long. Something will have to give.

On the bright side, that VP9 is fantastic. We ( my buddy and I ) do this transition drill with 2 targets at 15, 2 at 25 and a steel silouhette at 100. So from L-R it's 15>25>25>15 then about ten steps to clear the berm and >100. It incorporates a mag change on the pistol and a mag change on the AR. We add a second for every miss. My times have been in the 23-25 range. Today they were all under 20 with the best string being 17.33 with no misses. VP9/507 and WC/512. Out of 124 rounds with the VP9 I missed 1. I should have switched to a dot long ago.
I still dont understand why folks clean a gun after 1 box of ammo ??

Guess since I shoot weekly, they get inspected weekly ..

Not a dig, just dont understand OCD on a daily firearm.
Heirloom , Yes, daily gun.. hell no

I still dont understand why folks clean a gun after 1 box of ammo ??

Guess since I shoot weekly, they get inspected weekly ..

Not a dig, just dont understand OCD on a daily firearm.
Heirloom , Yes, daily gun.. hell no
For me it’s more of a completion of the outing. Cold beer, some tunes going and time in the basement by myself. I know i don’t have to clean it but i like to.

That sounds like fun.

I got my VP9 to the range to zero in the Holosun SCS I bought for it. Much to my surprise my first three rounds all went in the same hole. No need to zero! I wasn’t sure what I was going to think of the SCS because the window is a lot smaller than I prefer, but I found that it sits so low (cowitnesses with the standard height sight) that it just naturally indexes - no chasing the green dot. VP9 and SCS is a great combo.

Back