testtest

G3c slide finish

Well I may be in the minority here, or at least be the only one "Rude" enough to say it out loud, but buying a new slide or spending a bunch of money to refinish it is throwing good money after bad. That money is better spent elsewhere IMO. I say cut your losses. Sell it as is for whatever you can get for it then go and buy a better gun.

Another word of caution.
If you suffer from “minionphobia” let it be known that you may come across a minion meme or two (hundred).
You’ll see.
26253F87-1BBD-4438-88B1-BDA4CC967DAC.gif

Well I may be in the minority here, or at least be the only one "Rude" enough to say it out loud, but buying a new slide or spending a bunch of money to refinish it is throwing good money after bad. That money is better spent elsewhere IMO. I say cut your losses. Sell it as is for whatever you can get for it then go and buy a better gun.
I appreciate your honesty. I think I will upgrade eventually down line after I get some good use. I know she's not the most expensive model but I still love her.

I have owned several Taurus handguns over the years and still have a few, while the older ones were not the greatest in the world, all i ever had did function. the new ones are on a much better scale and the new g3 works like it should. the TX22 is a great 22. Matter of fact i bought a Taurus tactical about three months ago. couldn't pass up the price. it feeds anything i have put in it and it pretty accurate. The green G3 i gave 175 and got a 25 dollar rebate and it has been flawless.
20220901_091733.jpg
20220710_104425.jpg
20220925_091503.jpg
20220930_090125.jpg

I have owned several Taurus handguns over the years and still have a few, while the older ones were not the greatest in the world, all i ever had did function. the new ones are on a much better scale and the new g3 works like it should. the TX22 is a great 22. Matter of fact i bought a Taurus tactical about three months ago. couldn't pass up the price. it feeds anything i have put in it and it pretty accurate. The green G3 i gave 175 and got a 25 dollar rebate and it has been flawless.
View attachment 33725View attachment 33726View attachment 33727View attachment 33728
Oh wow beautiful. I saw the tactical g3 yesterday on their website and got excited. I really love my g3c loom forward to getting a standard size model.

I can't find who posted about the tennifer glock finish yesterday. And no not the tennifer sisters, haha. I was worried I may have taken off the tenifer by buffing lightly with steel wool, but sounds like as long as I did not get crazy the tennifer should be there as it's a treatment I think not a paint. Hopefully. Jeez.

I can't find who posted about the tennifer glock finish yesterday. And no not the tennifer sisters, haha. I was worried I may have taken off the tenifer by buffing lightly with steel wool, but sounds like as long as I did not get crazy the tennifer should be there as it's a treatment I think not a paint. Hopefully. Jeez.
[IMG alt="Annihilator"]https://www.thearmorylife.com/forum/data/avatars/m/1/1353.jpg?1669923067[/IMG]

Annihilator

SAINT​

Founding Member
If it’s like the Tenifer of the older Gen3 Glocks, the black finish is not the Tenifer, the Tenifer is under the black finish, Tenifer is actually a treatment to the metal, the black finish is additional measure to help guard against rust and corrosion, not sure how Taurus does there Tenifer process

It will take more then when you buffed it to remove it, it’s a treatment, not a finish

[IMG alt="Annihilator"]https://www.thearmorylife.com/forum/data/avatars/m/1/1353.jpg?1669923067[/IMG]

Annihilator

SAINT​

Founding Member
If it’s like the Tenifer of the older Gen3 Glocks, the black finish is not the Tenifer, the Tenifer is under the black finish, Tenifer is actually a treatment to the metal, the black finish is additional measure to help guard against rust and corrosion, not sure how Taurus does there Tenifer process

It will take more then when you buffed it to remove it, it’s a treatment, not a finish
Nice. Thank you my friend.

The tactical comes with two recoil springs, one for light loads and one for heavy. i put the light load one in cause i was shooting sterling 9mm and that stuff won't cycle a few guns, but i shot other brands without a hitch through it. It also comes with a pistol case which is pretty nice.
Thats cool they give a holster and the heavier stainless steel recoil spring. I bought my steel spring after I got my g3c. I have been very happy with the heavier recoil spring. I actually noticed difference last time I went out shooting.

Agreed... Plus spending $150+ on a slide for a $250-$300 gun is ridiculous and a waste of money. It's a tool and a Taurus at that. It's a polymer frames striker fired pistol that's not going to appreciate in value, be heirloom worthy, etc. Not worth the effort in worrying about the finish looking pretty on a ugly gun or worth the money replacing the slide.

Back