testtest

G3c slide finish

Be that as it may brother, there is a world of difference between upgrading your upper on an AR and putting a new slide on a $200 striker pistol. And for the record, I generally haven't upgraded uppers on ARs, I just buy another stripped lower and start over. And most Glock upgrades are barrel related are they not ?

I agree with the other guys that said run it. It don't look bad. Certainly not bad enough to worry about. And I am definitely one of those guys who would not spend $150 to put a new slide on a $200 gun. If you're that far in, just buy the whole gun.
I really like the Toro upgrade slide with optic capability.
Agreed, looks great.
Thanks. Now I'm looking forward to the rest of the slide getting that same look. The distress looks kind of like my buddy's sig.

Last edited:
I agree... I have nothing against the current crop of Taurus handguns. I think they are good to go. With that said, the optic ready G3c is $260 online. If he's going to spend $150 on an optic cut slide, he might as well throw in the extra $110 or so, and buy another Taurus G3c that's optic ready. That is, get the slide for $150 or add an extra $110 to that and get two extra mags, a barrel, recoil spring assembly, and complete

I like to have an excuse to get a new one as well. This look may grow on me and if so I keep it and let the rest of slide get a patina. Then maybe I get the tactial g3 with optic or a 2nd g3c 🤔. Maybe after holidays. Unfortunately this is wife approval status. Maybe I can convince her one is for her. 😂

If you upgrade the slide, go ahead and upgrade the RSA while you're at it.
I already did. I also got the upgraded barrel in balck with the stainless steel rsa. It performs amazing. I put the viridian on as well. Way better then any other 200 dollar gun. I really love this gun. Looking at tactical g3. Maybe in a few months I get a bigger one. Wait- that's what she said.

I like to have an excuse to get a new one as well. This look may grow on me and if so I keep it and let the rest of slide get a patina. Then maybe I get the tactial g3 with optic or a 2nd g3c 🤔. Maybe after holidays. Unfortunately this is wife approval status. Maybe I can convince her one is for her. 😂
Lol, my wife always says when I come home from the gun shop, she sees what I am carrying and asks is the a new gun, I reply no, it was in back of my safe and was just seeing if my shop would be interested in buying or trading for it……😬😬

I already did. I also got the upgraded barrel in balck with the stainless steel rsa. It performs amazing. I put the viridian on as well. Way better then any other 200 dollar gun. I really love this gun. Looking at tactical g3. Maybe in a few months I get a bigger one. Wait- that's what she said.
0F1D72FB-C58F-4CE1-B137-5C750C2E2468.gif

There's difference in changing an upper to gain a performance advantage vs changing the stripped upper just because there's a blemish. The point being there's not going to be anything gained other than a small cosmetic change.

Next, there is a difference in BCG's and they can be upgrades and made out of different types of metals, finishes that offer different features and levels of durability between them, staked differently, so on and so forth whether they all are headspaced correctly or not. Heck, even some have different cuts that aid in shooting suppressed.

Last, the OP's primary concern and all that I seen him post about was fixing the blemish on the slide. I may have missed it, but I didn't see any post about him wanting to use an optic. All I seen and gathered from everything he posted thus far is that his only concern was with the cosmetic rub marks. If anywhere in his post he eluded to wanting to carry with an optic, my opinion and advice would change.
No upgraded BCG provides upgraded performance no matter the cut. A BCG has no added function as to shooting suppressed vs unsuppressed, and any BCG stating otherwise is just a gimmick. Adding a new upper with a rail of some sort is considered an upgrade. A good barrel is probably your best upgrade on an AR an most firearms. Accurizing your upper receiver for the tightest barrel fit can be considered an upgrade. Making your firearm optics cut can be considered an upgrade, adding lightweight parts can be considered an upgrade, etc...etc...etc... I run almost every available finish on BCGs and I have a decent amount of experience with AR building and ownership and I've yet to find a BCG that was a performance upgrade and this includes shooting suppressed.

To resolve the blemish issues the OP is having with a firearm that he appreciates is, one of the proposed options to possibly upgrade to a new slide with an optics cut.

LOL, this thread went to the dogs in a hurry. :ROFLMAO: Guess everyone has something that should never see the light of day. i got two old revolvers, one came from my FIL and another was left in an apartment i used to own. one is a star and don't remember what the other is. i sure wouldn't shoot either one of them and they may be dangerous just to hold unloaded, cylinder could fall out and hit your toe.

LOL, this thread went to the dogs in a hurry. :ROFLMAO: Guess everyone has something that should never see the light of day. i got two old revolvers, one came from my FIL and another was left in an apartment i used to own. one is a star and don't remember what the other is. i sure wouldn't shoot either one of them and they may be dangerous just to hold unloaded, cylinder could fall out and hit your toe.
🤣

Back