testtest

Someone tried to shoot Trump

From the AP News site

"A local law enforcement officer climbed to the roof and found Crooks, who pointed the rifle at the officer. The officer then retreated down the ladder, and the gunman quickly fired toward Trump, the officials said. That’s when U.S. Secret Service gunmen shot him, the officials said."

Also on the AP site here @6:10PM

— After rally-goers notice a man climbing on the top of the roof of a nearby building, a local law enforcement officer climbs to the roof, according to two law enforcement officials.

— A man identified by the FBI as 20-year-old Thomas Matthew Crooks points his rifle at the officer, who retreats down the ladder, the officials said.

— Crooks then quickly fires, according to the officials who spoke to The Associated Press on condition of anonymity to discuss an ongoing investigation.

Last edited:
Media reporting of this assassination attempt would be funny if it was not so serious.

GSe0jj0XIAAPiPY.jpeg

Thank heaven the little moron couldn’t shoot. 130 yards-prone. 99% of the serious deer hunters could make a shot at that range easily. Mr Trump was blessed.
Well as it turns out he was a few seconds earlier confronted by a cop who retreated down the ladder after the guy pointed the rifle at him, then he hurriedly took the shots. So at this point we can't say if he was a terrible shooter or if he was full of adrenaline and unfamiliar with the rifle, which was his dad's or what.

Well as it turns out he was a few seconds earlier confronted by a cop who retreated down the ladder after the guy pointed the rifle at him, then he hurriedly took the shots. So at this point we can't say if he was a terrible shooter or if he was full of adrenaline and unfamiliar with the rifle, which was his dad's or what.
LE agencies say he bought it legally

It's been reported the shooter was a member of his high school shooting team. Don't know if the report is accurate and if so what was his level of marksmanship. I have an old Colt Hbar AR-15, 16" 1-9" twist that easily shoots Moa at 100 yards with my handloads. I still believe Mr Trump's head movement saved his life. Of course there could be other variables I'm not aware of.

Looking at the site of the Rally on Google earth, it looks like the stage faced west Northwest.
The path from the roof to the stage was almost straight south.
Latitude - 40°51'25.23"N Longitude - 79°58'15.13"W
A 5.56 round at about 3000 fps (55gr bullet) with a ballistic coefficient of about .269 would have had about
2.25" of wind drift at about 150 yards (my estimate from google earth) with a 10 mph west wind.
The wind was about 7 mph from the west at about 6pm in Butler PA or close to 1.5" wind drift to the rear of President Trump on stage.

DateTime (edt)Wind (mph
1316:56W 8
1317:56W 7

It's been reported the shooter was a member of his high school shooting team. Don't know if the report is accurate and if so what was his level of marksmanship. I have an old Colt Hbar AR-15, 16" 1-9" twist that easily shoots Moa at 100 yards with my handloads. I still believe Mr Trump's head movement saved his life. Of course there could be other variables I'm not aware of.
A low budget BCA .223 Wylde can hit an 8" gong at 250 yards every single time with a good scope.

From what I heard, he tried out for the Rifle Team, but failed to make the cut.

Back