testtest

Thoughts on the new Echelon

Has anyone purchased one yet and what do you think. Haven't seen one here in my LGS yet and doubt I will. Looks ok to me and don't really need to have red dot installed. It would be a range gun to me . Thanks
I haven't seen one in person yet, but the main draw to that gun for me would be the VIS for the optic. And it would definitely be a carry gun, not a range gun. For me.

Has anyone purchased one yet and what do you think. Haven't seen one here in my LGS yet and doubt I will. Looks ok to me and don't really need to have red dot installed. It would be a range gun to me . Thanks
I purchased one a couple of weeks ago. I really like the feel, the weight and overall look of the gun. I have only put about 25 rounds thru it thus far but it is by far the best shooting Springfield out if the box that I have ... I have 5 so that says something to me. Really smooth, great sights, low recoil....I am impressed thus far

Like you NM, I'm not interested in one for carry. Therefore, I ordered the 5" model from my LGS, but I don't think SA is even making that model for distribution yet (although it's listed in their catalog, yet I (or anyone I've asked) have not ever seen one for sale.

I’ve fondled one at the dealer.

Meh. Really, it’s just another plastic striker 9mm…and, I think there’s better versions out there.

About the only thing it has going for it is the optics mounting system…
Exactly my thoughts when I held both U sights and Tritium versions. Feels like a hybrid Glock/SIG which is the goal it seems, with a little sprinkle of S&W. Nothing wrong with that, just not earth-shattering, I would echo your "meh". I personally dislike the squarish slide, but I can see why Glock people would feel at home. As for the VIS, OK, not bad, but where's the fun in that when you can carefully plan installing an RDS making sure all the pieces are compatible :D

I'm sure it's a fine shooter, but the P320, M18 and M17 I've got would not be replaced by this one. Nor would be my M&P. It is also more expensive than the equivalent M18/M17 by $150-$200. No for me, wasn't even interested to try it. And as for carry, it's Prodigy, P226 and M17 in rotation, no space for the Echelon in there...

But I'm sure plenty will enjoy it

I have one with the u notch sights. I probably have roughly 300 rounds through it and no hiccups whatsoever. When they first came out I thought wow another one trying to copy Glock PERFECTION but it's actually a good shooter. Like stated above probably not going to replace anything I already have and carry but it really did surprise me when I shot it and I'm going to keep it. Just my two cents...

I have one with the u notch sights. I probably have roughly 300 rounds through it and no hiccups whatsoever. When they first came out I thought wow another one trying to copy Glock PERFECTION but it's actually a good shooter. Like stated above probably not going to replace anything I already have and carry but it really did surprise me when I shot it and I'm going to keep it. Just my two cents...
Glad you like it, I'm sure it's a good little shooter. Personally I have a SIG logo tattooed on my ass (no picture of it though) :D

Glad you like it, I'm sure it's a good little shooter. Personally I have a SIG logo tattooed on my ass (no picture of it though) :D
IMG_2129.gif

Coming from a self-admitted Glock fanboy I really like the Echelon. It would make a great duty sidearm for LE, for me it's too big for concealed EDC but will be great for HD and range. Its trigger is very nice, the ergos are awesome. The slide is the best of any pistol, the serrations are perfect for racking without being overwhelming obtrusive like the PDP's, and the cocking shelves/ledges before the chamber and at the rear are just awesome and permit easy manipulation no matter where or how you grab it. The bore axis is also very low, similar to the height of a Glock. The grips texture is also very good, I'd say probably third best in the industry behind the S&W M&P 2.0 and then the Beretta APX A1. It has a generously beveled magwell. The mags appear extremely well made. Oh and I love the sights.

Back