testtest

Thoughts on the new Echelon

Has anyone purchased one yet and what do you think. Haven't seen one here in my LGS yet and doubt I will. Looks ok to me and don't really need to have red dot installed. It would be a range gun to me . Thanks
Went to the range with the threaded barrel 9mm and it was extremely accurate right out of the box. Easy to clean and maintain as well. Trigger is a clean and crisp.

Attachments

• SpringfieldEchelon9mm.jpg
    SpringfieldEchelon9mm.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 79
Well, thanks for all the positive information. Since i can purchase firstline i might just have to try one out! Thanks guys?
UPDATE: I did put one on order!! Might have it by the end of the week!

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, thanks for all the positive information. Since i can purchase firstline i might just have to try one out! Thanks guys?
UPDATE: I did put one on order!! Might have it by the end of the week!
I also got the Beretta 9mm with Threaded Barrel for a great price and half the cost of the Echelon, very well made, easy to clean and crisp trigger. Also Beretta is giving a rebate on this for $100 dollars off. I got my rebate by PayPal in 3 weeks.

Attachments

• BerettaAPXTac9#1.jpg
    BerettaAPXTac9#1.jpg
    825.9 KB · Views: 71
I have one with the u notch sights. I probably have roughly 300 rounds through it and no hiccups whatsoever. When they first came out I thought wow another one trying to copy Glock PERFECTION but it's actually a good shooter. Like stated above probably not going to replace anything I already have and carry but it really did surprise me when I shot it and I'm going to keep it. Just my two cents...
One thing I do like a lot is the slide release! Funny enough, I hear a lot of people complaining about it, but when I held the Echelon and put my thumb on the release, I thought to myself "finally one that makes sense"! Not a fan of the mag release though, but I don't think I like any mag release apart from the extended P226 one, but that one is a PITA with some good holsters...

i dunno..given S/A's troubles with new guns right off the line, make me shy away from this..

in fact, you want a modular gun..??

Get a Sig P-320......best choice i ever made.
??? Which new SA guns have had "troubles"? The Hellcats? No. The Hellion? No. Any of the Saints? No. Prodigy??

As for the SIG P320 its had a recall (not officially called one by SIG Sauer) and has many law suits against it. And the P365 drop safety issue is well know.

??? Which new SA guns have had "troubles"? The Hellcats? No. The Hellion? No. Any of the Saints? No. Prodigy??

As for the SIG P320 its had a recall (not officially called one by SIG Sauer) and has many law suits against it. And the P365 drop safety issue is well know.
There were issues with the Hellcats. Also many of the 1911 9s and definitely everybody except @SimonRL had issues with their prodigys. Right here on this forum there are examples of issues with various Saints. Hex optics ? Anyone who buys one of those ends up wishing they hadn't. There are some issues with guns made by any manufacturer. SA doesn't have this issue any more often than most other brands. It's not like a Taurus for chrissakes.

The drop safe thing with the Sigs was immediately addressed and corrected. All the other lawsuits, most of which are female cops, are negligent discharges masquerading as a Sig problem. Feel free to show me an example of a Sig firing without the trigger being pressed otherwise it's dogpile on the rabbit.

That said, not many SA strikers have issues. Unless you count the numerous complaints about hard to press mag release buttons on XD 45s. I wouldn't hesitate to buy an Echelon if I needed another 9mm carry gun. The VIS thing is pretty cool. It seems like SA is trying to be innovative with their latest offerings. Besides, their CS is exceptional.

There were issues with the Hellcats. Also many of the 1911 9s and definitely everybody except @SimonRL had issues with their prodigys. Right here on this forum there are examples of issues with various Saints. Hex optics ? Anyone who buys one of those ends up wishing they hadn't. There are some issues with guns made by any manufacturer. SA doesn't have this issue any more often than most other brands. It's not like a Taurus for chrissakes.

The drop safe thing with the Sigs was immediately addressed and corrected. All the other lawsuits, most of which are female cops, are negligent discharges masquerading as a Sig problem. Feel free to show me an example of a Sig firing without the trigger being pressed otherwise it's dogpile on the rabbit.

That said, not many SA strikers have issues. Unless you count the numerous complaints about hard to press mag release buttons on XD 45s. I wouldn't hesitate to buy an Echelon if I needed another 9mm carry gun. The VIS thing is pretty cool. It seems like SA is trying to be innovative with their latest offerings. Besides, their CS is exceptional.
I have an early Hellcat and haven't gotten any notification of safety alert or recall. What was the issue? I don't have any of their 1911s so I wouldn't know about those. All their 1911s are made here in the U.S. by SA right?

I really don't keep up with all the SIG law suits but there are several. And several LE agencies have dropped the P320 due to safety concerns.

There was an issues with the trigger being pulled, like it was moving sideways and would bind, if I remember right, there was no recalls or safety alerts, also if you remember the 911 series, many issues and now it’s discontinued, the SA-35, the frame and slide are from Tisas, and SA does the finishing machining lots of issues, Prodigy, issues, yes the 1911’s are made here,

SA-35 and Prodigy both had a plethora of issues. Even the Echelon has had problems with its mounting system popping off.

Sig’s P320 suffered issues pre 2019, which was part of the voluntary recall. Post 2019 the issue was resolved. As far as I’m aware the P365 has not had drop safety issue. It has had a lot of nervous nellies questioning if the P365 is drop safe because it does not have a trigger safety, but there has been no issues that required a recall or refusing if parts. And as for the lawsuits, Sig has not lost a single one. Not one.

There was an issues with the trigger being pulled, like it was moving sideways and would bind, if I remember right, there was no recalls or safety alerts, also if you remember the 911 series, many issues and now it’s discontinued, the SA-35, the frame and slide are from Tisas, and SA does the finishing machining lots of issues, Prodigy, issues, yes the 1911’s are made here,
I think I saw a video about that. Something about if you put significant lateral pressure on the trigger shoe before pulling rearward. I replaced my trigger with an Apex so it didn't affect me. Also I think they are on gen3 trigger when the Pro came out right?

Sounds like SA American made pistols have had some issues. I was more referring to HS Produkt made pistols - my apologies for the confusion.

SA-35 and Prodigy both had a plethora of issues. Even the Echelon has had problems with its mounting system popping off.

Sig’s P320 suffered issues pre 2019, which was part of the voluntary recall. Post 2019 the issue was resolved. As far as I’m aware the P365 has not had drop safety issue. It has had a lot of nervous nellies questioning if the P365 is drop safe because it does not have a trigger safety, but there has been no issues that required a recall or refusing if parts. And as for the lawsuits, Sig has not lost a single one. Not one.
Sounds like SA American made pistols have had some issues. I was more referring to HS Produkt made pistols - my apologies for the confusion.

I was at Sportsmans Warehouse Saturday. They had a Prodigy and an Echelon. I really wanted to see them both as I haven't even held a Prodigy yet. But the guys at the gun counter were busy and I didn't want to bug them as I wasn't in a position to buy.

I think the Echelon looks great, and might become my full-size carry gun someday. Right now those duties are split between by G17 and a Kimber 1911 45ACP.

I'd love to maybe do the Prodigy, but I don't know about the polymer frame. I'm not thrilled about that. I have plenty of polymenr guns, but to me a 1911 shouldn't be polymer

I have an early Hellcat and haven't gotten any notification of safety alert or recall. What was the issue? I don't have any of their 1911s so I wouldn't know about those. All their 1911s are made here in the U.S. by SA right?

I really don't keep up with all the SIG law suits but there are several. And several LE agencies have dropped the P320 due to safety concerns.
All the SIG lawsuits have been won by SIG because, even to non firearm-aware juries, the "expert" witness brought up was a laughable hack, very much like any paid "expert" in a courtroom. These dudes were demolished in court by simple physics. In my circles, we call this BS "the P320 ate my homework" because these claims are so childish and obvious.

Here's a good video from an actual P320 gunsmith who is also a self-described "Glock guy" demonstrating why any of these lawsuits is pure hogwash

As always, understanding reality vs. repeating internet hearsay is a personal choice. Any of these people repeating "the P320 at my homework" trying to make believe it's actual "knowledge" have never held, fired or even seen a P320, let alone taken it apart.

Last edited:
I was at Sportsmans Warehouse Saturday. They had a Prodigy and an Echelon. I really wanted to see them both as I haven't even held a Prodigy yet. But the guys at the gun counter were busy and I didn't want to bug them as I wasn't in a position to buy.

I think the Echelon looks great, and might become my full-size carry gun someday. Right now those duties are split between by G17 and a Kimber 1911 45ACP.

I'd love to maybe do the Prodigy, but I don't know about the polymer frame. I'm not thrilled about that. I have plenty of polymenr guns, but to me a 1911 shouldn't be polymer
The Prodigy isn't Polymer, you're good to go. The Progigy is a great shooter.

1696248076165.png

Back