testtest

Thoughts on the new Echelon

??? Which new SA guns have had "troubles"? The Hellcats? No. The Hellion? No. Any of the Saints? No. Prodigy??

As for the SIG P320 its had a recall (not officially called one by SIG Sauer) and has many law suits against it. And the P365 drop safety issue is well know.
In addition to the other Springfield models with issues, the XDS had a recall for wanting to go full auto/fire doubles/triples with one trigger press.

We can also get into the optics screw issues with the Echelon, if you want…

To be fair, I have not had any problem with my Prodigy, nor the Dragonfly attached to it, after the 200 or so rounds of break-in mark. I did have the same problems with my M&P Performance Center, so it's not entirely an SA-only issue.

That being said, the Prodigy was very capricious at first and rejected ammo in a manner that was counter-intuitive, as in Tula was OK, SIG V-Crown wasn't. Now I can throw anything I want at it (and I do) and not a single failure of any kind.

Mine is a 4.25" model, it seems more issues were plaguing the initial batch of 5" models, but the 5" I rented and shot 6 months ago before buying my 4.25" was perfectly fine.

In addition to the other Springfield models with issues, the XDS had a recall for wanting to go full auto/fire doubles/triples with one trigger press.

We can also get into the optics screw issues with the Echelon, if you want…
I have a XDs Mod 2 and have never received any notification as to an issue. What is it and when?

I have read or seen a vid where someone had improperly installed their optic and the optic flew off during recoil. Other than that haven't seen or heard of any issues with their VIS.

Last edited:
I have a XDs Mod 2 and have never received any notification as to an issue. What is it?

I have read or seen a vid where someone had improperly installed their optic and the optic flew off during recoil. Other than that haven't seen or heard of any issues with their VIS.
Mod 2’s didn’t have the issue, just the original ones

1696267814666.jpeg

The Prodigy isn't Polymer, you're good to go. The Progigy is a great shooter.

View attachment 44498

Thank you so much! I don't know where I got it in my head that the frame was polymer. I swear on of the firs reviews I read (like within the first days of coming out) said it was polymer and I have been annoyed by that ever since.

I am really glad to hear that it's not.

Well, just got notice this morning my Firstline Echelon purchase has been put on hold. I guess company over sold the gun. I told them to cancel and I will look someplace else. Just my luck. My LGS wants $709 for the same handgun! I won't be getting it from him. He is not a Firstline dealer.

Back