testtest

What are we reading?

View attachment 58791
Currently plugging my way through this. Unfortunately, even edited Custer is one of those people whose writing style is never use  One word when Ten will do.

The more I read this book the more I think that Custer was kind of an idiot.

Before I say this, remember that he's the author and he wrote the book in such a way as to put himself in the best possible light.

At one point he leaves his command to go buffalo hunting, kills his own horse and essentially gets himself lost in enemy territory.

At another point during the 1866 campaign he's got a portion of the regiment out on a Long Patrol and in what amounts to enemy territory he beds down the entire command and posts no sentries.

Apparently, that same night hostile Indians attack a Stage Station 10 miles away from where he's camped and kill everyone there.

Again, he spins both of those stories as he's telling them in such a ways to put himself in the best possible light. I'm sure that what actually happened was much worse than what he told us
A long campaign on the frontier run by both military and civilians from the Imperial City. Custer's deficiencies were unchecked because, believe it or not, the actual regimental commander has placed himself on detached duty in DC. Whether he was any better if he was actually in the field is unclear. Someone or some unit which acted in concert with sound operations were out there, but others were left to their own devices and abused the privilege.

Fair Warning This Kind Of A Long Rant. If You Don't Want To Read It Don't.

You can almost get a bigger fight by mentioning Custer then you can by throwing out 9 mm V .40S&W.

I was thinking about this last night and the truth is that all of us view Custer through somebody else's filter.

If the reports which are also somebody else's filter can be believed Frederick Benteen hated him.

Screenshot_20240527_091603_Samsung Internet.jpg

Is it just me or does anybody else here resemblance between Benteen and Ward Bond?

FB_IMG_1716823099263.jpg

Ward Bond.

I'm not a mental health professional I can't tell you what Custer's mental deficiencies were. I think he was pretty average for his time. I also think that had he ben born born in 1939 instead of 1839 he would have been a different person.

Had he been born in 2039 instead 1839 he might have even identified as XE instead of "He/Him". Especially when you consider that he was a Democrat.

I've told this story before but in 2019 I was working at a FedEx warehouse. I had a lot of extra time on my hands so I decided to put it to use. I did a lot of reading. At some point I realized I didn't know anything about American history other than what they barely taught me in school. So I started picking up books on American history and reading them.

I started before the American Revolution and I've made it up to Korea so far. And what I'm finding out is that Custer was kind of a blip.

His goal from an early age was to be a soldier which was kind of weird because he grew up in an Anabaptist culture.

He wouldn't have been on the frontier fighting Indians unless the Army had sent him there and the Army wouldn't have sent him there if the people didn't support it.

If you go back and look into history, depending on where you look, Thomas Jefferson planned to take all of the continental United States from the Indians before Custer was ever born.

So maybe we blame Jefferson for it instead of Custer.

Maybe we blame the Sioux Indians for taking the Black Hills from the Shoshone.

Maybe we blame Adam for knowingly taking a bite out of the Apple ( read your Scripture, Eve deceived Adam knew exactly what he was doing).

Maybe we blame God for saying "Let there be light."?

You can almost get a bigger fight by mentioning Custer then you can by throwing out 9 mm V .40S&W.

I was thinking about this last night and the truth is that all of us view Custer through somebody else's filter.

If the reports which are also somebody else's filter can be believed Frederick Benteen hated him.

View attachment 58887
Is it just me or does anybody else here resemblance between Benteen and Ward Bond?

View attachment 58888
Ward Bond.

I'm not a mental health professional I can't tell you what Custer's mental deficiencies were. I think he was pretty average for his time. I also think that had he ben born born in 1939 instead of 1839 he would have been a different person.

Had he been born in 2039 instead 1839 he might have even identified as XE instead of "He/Him". Especially when you consider that he was a Democrat.

I've told this story before but in 2019 I was working at a FedEx warehouse. I had a lot of extra time on my hands so I decided to put it to use. I did a lot of reading. At some point I realized I didn't know anything about American history other than what they barely taught me in school. So I started picking up books on American history and reading them.

I started before the American Revolution and I've made it up to Korea so far. And what I'm finding out is that Custer was kind of a blip.

His goal from an early age was to be a soldier which was kind of weird because he grew up in an Anabaptist culture.

He wouldn't have been on the frontier fighting Indians unless the Army had sent him there and the Army wouldn't have sent him there if the people didn't support it.

If you go back and look into history, depending on where you look, Thomas Jefferson planned to take all of the continental United States from the Indians before Custer was ever born.

Maybe we blame Adam for knowingly taking a bite out of the Apple ( read your Scripture, Eve deceived Adam knew exactly what he was doing).

People act within the context of the times somewhat I think is what you're saying. As I mentioned earlier, Custer was the de facto commander. The "6 actual" was sitting comfortably in DC so presumably he didn't like soldiering in the field where it counted. Custer apparently did and went where he was sent. In that vein Custer did his duty however flawed while the other guy was in the rear with the gear.

View attachment 58887

View attachment 58888
Ward Bond.

Couple problems with this. First of all the Lakota didn't take the Black Hills from the Shoshone they took it from the Crow. Which I have pointed out here before. So maybe Ward Bond should have boned up on his history before opening his mouth. At this point anything he said about history is highly suspect.

No one I know, Indian or otherwise, blames Custer for anything other than being an arrogant narcissist who got what was coming to him.

Furthermore, yeah the founders and the American people were all for "Manifest destiny", but you're going to have a real hard time convincing me that Jefferson or frankly anyone other than Andrew Jackson would prescribe glory for attacking sleeping women and children and then bragging about it and using it to heighten your reputation as an Indian fighter. Anyone who holds Custer in any regard as an Indian fighter has rocks for brains. In fact there is plenty of evidence of Jefferson in particular calling for a much more compassionate or humane solution for "The Indian problem" then Jackson, Custer, Fetterman or any of the glory hounds who thought **** like Wounded Knee or Sand Creek constituted a "Battle".

When I took my oath to become a citizen of the United States of America, they gave me a large envelope with my citizenship certificate and a bunch of other stuff, most important of which was a copy of The Constitution of the United States. Lately I have been reading ( and I mean really reading) it. I know that any written word is subject to interpretation by the person reading it. Let’s just say my brain does a deep dive into all that and, yeah, I can end up down a rabbit hole.
Seems the older I get, the more important history is becoming to me.

Any reproduction of Custer before or doing his famous last ride is false as his own wife said in her book on him that he cut his hair off as he didn't want the Indians to get it.
Who Discovered America? Descendents or Italians have some good PR. As you may/may not know, Columbus never set foot on U.S. soil. Almost a decade ago, I ran across this book called 1421, the Year China discovered America, written by Gavin Menzies, a former British sailor who has traveled all around the world gathering evidence about the Asiatics who not only sailed the Pacific down the western American seaboard through the Straits of Magellan into the Atlantic and up the eastern seaboard. Menzies has also written 1434, the Year the Chinese sailed into the Mediterranean and ignited the Renaissance. It seems that the Chinese had maps of the world before European explorers did. In his latest books Menzies offers up DNA evidence that the Native American Indians are descendents of the Chinese. He explains why their ancestors did not walk across the Bering Strait, but rather sailed the Pacific to get to the Americas. When the Conquistadores, like Balboa, Ponce de Leon, Pizzaro, et. al explored the New World, they came across Asiatic chickens and not European chickens. Mexicans make black lacquered jewelry boxes. The formula for this black lacquer is made in only one other place in the world, one particular province in China. It has been proposed that horses were brought into the new world by the Conquistadores, but their galleons were much too small to bring across that way. Rather he proposes that the Chinese junks which were enormous and numerically superior carried horses and that is how they first came to the New World. Menzies goes on and on with his proof/theories debunking the old myths. Recent discoveries of various grave sites pushes the dates as to when mankind first arrived in the New World, pushing the timeline back further and further back. I strongly recommend Gavin Menzies books to those who might be interested in a little archaeology. He makes for fascinating reading...

View attachment 58887

View attachment 58888
Ward Bond.

I am fairly confident that "apple" is just a euphemism for what Eve used to corrupt Adam.

Outrage, The 5 Reasons Why O.J. Simpson Got away w Murder by Vincent Bugliosi the man who prosecuted Charles Manson. I actually met Mr. Bugliosi a few years before he passed at a Police seminar where he lectured about the case and signed copies of his famous book Helter Skelter of which somewhere around the house here I have a copy of it...

Back