testtest

What are you doing right now??

Cooking dinner
Last night of bachelordom and watching our hounds.

Momma is on the plane and i’ll pick her up in a couple hours.
Daughter is in Aussie land, son went to the Caribbean with his girlfriends family and wife was in CO. Meanwhile I worked and enjoyed our hounds .
Time for me to have a vacation 😊😉

Too hot for a heavy beer so I tried their Shandy. Very refreshing. Met up with a couple of friends who were here from Pierre, SD, so at least I have someone to talk to.
IMG_4602.jpeg

I bought a case of that Wolf a couple years ago. My AR eats it all day, my Hellion fails to cycle 2-3 times/mag with that ammo. When I use up what's left, I won't buy more. Sticking to brass M855's going forward ONLY for all platforms. I did not notice it being dirtier than others....I'll pay closer attention next time. No suppressors here though.

Don't let it sit long in the chamber of a hot gun. Just sayin'. Hard as hell on the extractor too.

Don't let it sit long in the chamber of a hot gun. Just sayin'. Hard as hell on the extractor too.
I don't worry about the price of any AR part....they are all cheap, even the high-end parts. Keep in mind, I do not use an AR for defense....I like to hear things. I still cannot remove the trigger pack on my Hellion. Eventually I'll either send it back or go to a smith familiar with the model....Not sure how many rounds before the trigger pack in the Hellion needs cleaning. Maybe I'll find out?

I don't worry about the price of any AR part....they are all cheap, even the high-end parts. Keep in mind, I do not use an AR for defense....I like to hear things. I still cannot remove the trigger pack on my Hellion. Eventually I'll either send it back or go to a smith familiar with the model....Not sure how many rounds before the trigger pack in the Hellion needs cleaning. Maybe I'll find out?
Well, it depends on the part. I have drawers full of small parts. Extractors, springs, pins, firing pins, LPKs, etc. Those are not expensive, but they may not always be easy to get so I stash them every chance I get. I also have several very nice, not cheap, brand new BCGs, FCGs, etc. If I had to replace the barrel on the last one I did, my main 16", it would be $300 for the barrel alone. No it's not as expensive as the 80 in a 60 I got yesterday morning, but if I can avoid it I will. I don't really use an AR for defense either, but you never know. One day I may have to. And I train with them so I shoot them a lot.

Using a rod to beat the spent casing out of the chamber gets old. It got old for my buddy Bill. Every time I took him to the range with his AR I ended up having to remove a casing the hard way. And he broke an extractor. Wolff steel cased ammo. Certainly put a damper on his day.

Well, it depends on the part. I have drawers full of small parts. Extractors, springs, pins, firing pins, LPKs, etc. Those are not expensive, but they may not always be easy to get so I stash them every chance I get. I also have several very nice, not cheap, brand new BCGs, FCGs, etc. If I had to replace the barrel on the last one I did, my main 16", it would be $300 for the barrel alone. No it's not as expensive as the 80 in a 60 I got yesterday morning, but if I can avoid it I will. I don't really use an AR for defense either, but you never know. One day I may have to. And I train with them so I shoot them a lot.

Using a rod to beat the spent casing out of the chamber gets old. It got old for my buddy Bill. Every time I took him to the range with his AR I ended up having to remove a casing the hard way. And he broke an extractor. Wolff steel cased ammo. Certainly put a damper on his day.
While I have not had any split casings with Wolf, I had a terrible experience the one and only time I bought "rebuilt" 5.56 Nato brass cased rounds. I can't believe the magpul stock survived all the mortoring that day. Never since and never again will I buy reloaded 5.56 (or any caliber). My AR has no issues with Wolf steel-case....but my AR eats anything except said remanufactured rounds...and to be clear, it eats those rounds too....but a split case stops all progress.

Regarding the definition of "cheap'...it's all relative. Maybe I mis-spoke, but $300 is not what I define as expensive. No extractors, firing pins, lower/upper pins, retaining pins, or BCGs approach a barrel replacement for sure.

Coffee, done. Waiting for the woman to wake up and do whatever she needs to do with water, so I can turn the well off and rebuild the yard hydrant/outside spigot. It's in-line on the main water line from the well to the house so all the water to the house has to be turned off to break it down.

Meanwhile I am chasing feral cats out from under my deck where they now sit and stalk birds and squirrels at the feeders.

Coffee, done. Waiting for the woman to wake up and do whatever she needs to do with water, so I can turn the well off and rebuild the yard hydrant/outside spigot. It's in-line on the main water line from the well to the house so all the water to the house has to be turned off to break it down.

Meanwhile I am chasing feral cats out from under my deck where they now sit and stalk birds and squirrels at the feeders.
Sounds like your next build is lattice fence around the bottom of the deck to keep cats and critters out

Last edited:

Squatters. Wait till they start having kittens. Better than skunks, though

Back