testtest

What are you doing right now??

Wife just cobbled together a nice little patio set out of 2 different sets bought off FB Marketplace for a grand total of $45. So we just had a nice evening drink on the deck. Mine was a Guinness ES of course.

OLY8aRo.jpg

Looks nice! Like the table and chairs the Mrs got, nice and cozy
The table top she got for $20 from some lady who's husband broke the legs. The blue set she got for $25 from lady who's husband broke the round, glass top. The odds of the top fitting on those legs were slim indeed, but.... We have 6 nice cushions ( not pictured). You wouldn't believe what those cost.

These pieces are aluminum. That top is cast aluminum. You should price a patio set sometime. My wife started talking about spending a grand on a patio set and I damn near choked.

The table top she got for $20 from some lady who's husband broke the legs. The blue set she got for $25 from lady who's husband broke the round, glass top. The odds of the top fitting on those legs were slim indeed, but.... We have 6 nice cushions ( not pictured). You wouldn't believe what those cost.

These pieces are aluminum. That top is cast aluminum. You should price a patio set sometime. My wife started talking about spending a grand on a patio set and I damn near choked.
Well done …
Well done 🕺🕺👍👍👍

Having a “real” fire. We haven’t been able to have View attachment 63571one for a couple of years due to drought and red flag warnings.
I have no idea how my post split around the photo, except that the internet is very hinky tonight. Usually we can get our internet signal very strong out at the fire pit, but tonight there seems to be a lot of atmospheric interference. It is very humid and we sat out there watching stars, several satellites, and many shooting stars (or whatever people tend to call them these days). It was so good to sit out there and watch the sky and the fire. It's been so long...the skeeters were even tolerable.

Chilling in the pool . Its 102
Post work cool off ..water is 90 🫤

View attachment 63547

View attachment 63548
That reminds me of when I was a welder in Phoenix. I'd come home and jump in the pool. I'd get on a raft and have a cold one or two. Funny how even if it was 120, you could get chilled when you got out due to the rapid water evaporation. The pool was useful when I did yard work, too. I tried to stop by 10 am and sometimes needed a dip or two to finish. I don't miss that area, but still find time to complain about the heat here despite it being about 15 degrees cooler.

2 cups in. Replacing marine batteries on my diesel nurse tank pump today, dang, the cost of batteries has tripled. Ordered a new starter solenoid for the JD tractor online for $38. The JD dealer only sells the solenoid and starter together as a unit for over $600. I just paid over $700 for a new hydraulic pump last month. The dealer charged me several hundred to replace the hydraulic loader cylinder seals a couple months ago. I dread to think of what it would cost to have the dealer do all these repairs. We are being fleeced on parts and repairs and the costs have gone through the roof over the past 3 years. I am shocked by the costs but I can manage a lot of the repairs myself. It will be a sweaty day.

Back