testtest

What are you doing right now??

I've limited myself to watching news reports to about an hour a day. Just saw report about Kamala picking Minnesota Gov Walz as her vp pick. If American voters put these two into the White House our country will suffer beyond belief. Biden/Harris have been awful but harris/walz will be disastrous.
1722972432933.gif

I've limited myself to watching news reports to about an hour a day. Just saw report about Kamala picking Minnesota Gov Walz as her vp pick. If American voters put these two into the White House our country will suffer beyond belief. Biden/Harris have been awful but harris/walz will be disastrous.
will we even get a properly counted election though, by eligible voters? https://www.zerohedge.com/political/maricopa-county-sued-after-refusing-remove-illegals-voter-rolls

that's why, according to the tv show "Last week tonight", John, the host said, the republicans need RFK to stay in the race, to hopefully take away (maybe he meant steal??) voters from the Dems.

and here's the reason why

As we age, testosterone levels begin to decrease. While testosterone levels decrease, the hormone-binding globulins (groups of proteins in the blood) increase. This process alters the signals to the hair, leading to less hair on the scalp and more growth on the brows, ears and nostrils.

Nov 2, 2022

best to invest in a mans "personal groomer" battery powered hair trimmer.

It makes for weird come overs.

Just got through taking apart my Bi-Pap machine and fixing it. It shot craps Friday night right after I went to bed . So I went all weekend with very little sleep due to the fact that I stop breathing and wake up gasping for oxygen without the machine.

I called my oxygen provider's emergency number Sat and found out that they only deliver oxygen or oxygen equipment after hours and on weekends. 🤬 🤬 OK , I can deal with a loss of sleep for a couple days.

Monday morning I call my provider and tell them my sad tail. They let me know they don't have any loaners and would have to order a new one. 😱🤬 So I get up this morning and decide what the heck it isn't working now so I can't tear it up. Glad I didn't get rid of my tools . So I finally figured the correct combination to get the f$#*&^ thing apart ( there were 3 layers to take apart to get to what I needed to fix ) and found the problem. Got it fixed and then had to put it back together.

Well the thing is working again but I don't know how long it will continue to do so. As long as I get a good nights sleep tonight I will be doing great.

Just got through taking apart my Bi-Pap machine and fixing it. It shot craps Friday night right after I went to bed . So I went all weekend with very little sleep due to the fact that I stop breathing and wake up gasping for oxygen without the machine.

I called my oxygen provider's emergency number Sat and found out that they only deliver oxygen or oxygen equipment after hours and on weekends. 🤬 🤬 OK , I can deal with a loss of sleep for a couple days.

Monday morning I call my provider and tell them my sad tail. They let me know they don't have any loaners and would have to order a new one. 😱🤬 So I get up this morning and decide what the heck it isn't working now so I can't tear it up. Glad I didn't get rid of my tools . So I finally figured the correct combination to get the f$#*&^ thing apart ( there were 3 layers to take apart to get to what I needed to fix ) and found the problem. Got it fixed and then had to put it back together.

Well the thing is working again but I don't know how long it will continue to do so. As long as I get a good nights sleep tonight I will be doing great.
Assume you meant C-Pap...I'm on one too. Can't get 1 minute of sleep without mine, day or night. Saved my life 9 years ago. Good luck tonight.

The wife's toilet took a crap last night. Honest. After checking the news, I'll peruse the Home Depot site. Mine isn't much better, so I may buy two. A friend said to use a double thick wax ring. It's been maybe 40 years since I replaced one and don't know if that makes sense or not. Suggestions? I don't recall using anything other than a regular wax ring, but then again, my memory can be fuzzy.
I still need to load shotshells, get .45 ACP ready and clean some guns. Somehow the garage seems to call a bit stronger than installing toilets. I guess I should get another cup of coffee with Irish Cream and cogitate some more. Since a lot of you are on different time zones, it's 4:36 am as I type this.
I'm not a plumber, but I have stayed at a Holiday inn in the past ... and what I've learned is to use a double wax ring if since the original install there has been a replacement floor put in, such as floor tile. If the install and floor are both original, a single ring is more than sufficient. And of course there are now rubber and other type flanges/seals far superior to the old wax, and some that even make the wax appear to be thicker. Google 'toilet floor seal' or similar to see what's out there now. We old codgers have to make an effort to keep up with newer technology.

Note: Next door neighbor at one time was a plumber of the first order ... he turned me on to the newer stuff a couple years ago during a replacement I had to make.

And BTW, was that very first sentence of yours intended as a pun? If not you should still take credit for it ... it's a darn shore good-un!!!

Last edited:
For a guy who hates plumbing, I have far too many plumbing tools and have done a lot of plumbing in the 3 houses I have remodeled. Replaced a number of toilets and never needed 2 wax rings. It's important in my experience that the floor around the flange where the toilet sits be flat and level.

When plumbing problems arise and Mrs Greener asks me to fix it, I tell her to call a plumber. Then I get "that look", and go get my plumbing tools.
Damn, I know "that look"!!! I guess that's why even being longtime retired, I still hang on to most of my tools.

reading the local news.
This is why we carry a gun

Understand ... and a really sorry reason for most citizens to have to worry about carrying. It's sad there are enough sick people in today's world that we even have to think about this.

i used to have hairy legs...

but you too will see, as you age, you lose the hairy legs, for a hairy nose, pair of ears, and a very hairy back......maybe even yer ass.....
Funny you say this Old_Me, I never thought I'd see the day when I'd grow more hair in my ears and on my azz than on my head ... but that time has come!!! LOL! Apparently you've seen it too?

Back