testtest

What are you doing right now??

My ex-wife just had new tires put on her car at a tire and repair shop that has been run by the owner for almost 50 years. . The ones before were bought and installed at Walmart . She told me that when they went to remove the passenger rear tire , they had a heck of a time getting the lug nuts off. Had to replace all 5 lug nuts . After getting the tire off they found it had a nail in it. She would never have been able to get it off on the side of the road.

Some people just don't know when to release the button on an air impact tool.

My ex-wife just had new tires put on her car at a tire and repair shop that has been run by the owner for almost 50 years. . The ones before were bought and installed at Walmart . She told me that when they went to remove the passenger rear tire , they had a heck of a time getting the lug nuts off. Had to replace all 5 lug nuts . After getting the tire off they found it had a nail in it. She would never have been able to get it off on the side of the road.

i have seen that during and after my rein as a mechanic.

in my shop, i used torque sticks.

some cars, i HAD to use a torque wrench

one time, i had a newbie helper fresh outta trade school, and he as actually very good...

but he still did not know when to NOT zip on tires with the impact.

i gave him and ONLY chance to do it right..... after that first episode...........or he's walking

he got it right, after that first time, cuz i deducted the cost of lug nuts and studs from his "cash under the table" weekly pay.

somehow, you hit someone in the pockets, they learn real frigging quick.

kid turned out to be a great helper and mechanic.

Yes same when they tighten the oil nut to tight it leaks so I only let one guy mechanic to do my old bronco

The steaks are on

Attachments

• 20240816_174446.jpg
    20240816_174446.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 37

I get 1-2 flats a year (I drive a lot). I have always carried a propane torch for a specific job application, but it has been useful on lug nuts once or twice. It's a great tool to keep in the car (tank + torch head). MAP gas works too (although we all know it's not real MAP gas anymore...). It'll light almost anything in all but hurricane winds.

Well, it is a smoker! 4.5 minutes per side at 450, medium rare. 😁
Ive been doing steaks on my gas grill for decades...6 minutes + rest and eat. Fast. Hearing how good steaks are on a pellet smoker, but it takes 90 minutes (smoke at 225 for 1 hour + sear + rest...obviously temperature determined). Gotta plan a bit better and try it. My pellet grill gets to 550 (Recteq)...might giver her a go soon.

having cold beer, and a slice of pizza..

did my errands early, food shopping, gasoline, bakery, walmart

had to touch up some chipped paint on the front porch, pulled up weeds in neighbors yard, pulled up the tomato plant in my yard, damn squirrels ate one, and i ain't here on this planet to feed rodents, touch up paint both sides of that fence...watered/fertilized garden

cooling down now with

a beer and pizza now, a warm shower shortly...then.....

wait for it....

it's coming.....

NAP TIME.........!!!!!!!!

Back