testtest

What are you doing right now??

Just finished watching my one hour of allotted daily news. For some time I firmly believed Trump would win the upcoming election. Have to admit I'm not so sure now. Hopefully American voters will see through the media blitz and not elect harris/walz. If these two are elected America will continue a down ward spiral.

Just got back from Discount tire. Got 4 new Continental tires for the Buick in June and they suck! They will change them out for me Monday--had to order. New Michelins and difference will be $150 more to upgrade. I was ready to lose my mind with the Continentals!
i will be needing new tires before the winter.

i have been looking at the Michelin Defender II, they have them available for my car..but i will go to a tire dealer, not a discount tire store in my area...those jerks use the impact wrench and just tighten the lug nuts till they break.

i want a real torque wrench or torque sticks used.

at one time, Continental tires, Uniroyal tires were very good, quality.

but i lost confidence in those 2 brands long, long ago.

when i had my shop, i stopped selling Uniroyals, and that goes back to the mid-late 1970's..

Continentals, i had stopped looking at them since the late 80's.

a good brand new to America back in my shop days, is Hankook...originally made in S.Korea, now made here in the states..

long warranty, at first, they were lifetime, but now mileage warranty like all the others.

Last edited:
When I was young I remember "Rabbit ears" determined your signal. Anyone else recall those times?
Oh yeah I remember the rabbit ears. My Dad even wrapped aluminum foil around them thinking the reception would be better. When we finally got a pole antenna he attached a pipe wrench to it and have me twist the pole around until the station we were watching got more clear.

Oh yeah I remember the rabbit ears. My Dad even wrapped aluminum foil around them thinking the reception would be better. When we finally got a pole antenna he attached a pipe wrench to it and have me twist the pole around until the station we were watching got more clear.
love it! my dad too. Our great uncle would come by and berate dad for not getting it right, sure enough once he had the foil wrap and turned the right way it cleared the "snow" off the screen.

i will be needing new tires before the winter.

i have been looking at the Michelin Defender II, they have them available for my car..but i will go to a tire dealer, not a discount tire store in my area...those jerks use the impact wrench and just tighten the lug nuts till they break.

i want a real torque wrench or torque sticks used.

at one time, Continental tires, Uniroyal tires were very good, quality.

but i lost confidence in those 2 brands long, long ago.

when i had my shop, i stopped selling Uniroyals, and that goes back to the mid-late 1970's..

Continentals, i had stopped looking at them since the late 80's.

a good brand new to America back in my shop days, is Hankook...originally made in S.Korea, now made here in the states..

long warranty, at first, they were lifetime, but now mileage warranty like all the others.
Thats the ones I am getting Michelin Defender 2. Seem like a real good tire. Hope they live up to all the hype.

Mine are 18" tires . They had them listed at $200 each
mines are 16" (corolla).

some prices here at like about $179.

i prefer to get them at a tire dealer, they sell many brands, (as Discount tire does), but thier mechanics are long time employee's, and this stores reputation is excellent.

i been to Town Faire Tire, much like Discount Tire, and they are a bunch of hacks....never again.

i just have to get an exact price, could be higher or a wee bit lower.

Back