testtest

What are you doing right now??

going thru recipes for a shepards pie..

some say lambs meat, but the wife wants beef...in fact she used to make it that way...but she is not co-operating with me right now, on sharing her "handed down family recipe"

maybe i ought to make it with CRAB meat..?????

anyway, i already went out this morning and got some of the ingredients.
I’ve always used a mixture of ground beef and ground venison, maybe with a little pork depending on the fat content of the beef.

Hi,

This is my big event this afternoon. I hope Charlie Kirk shows up. 😉
FB_IMG_1725038825346.jpg

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

I’ve always used a mixture of ground beef and ground venison, maybe with a little pork depending on the fat content of the beef.
well, i will most likely use something like 80 to 95% lean beef..my wife always made it that way...many recipes call for lamb, for a true "shepards" pie...but my wife really doesn't like lamb...we went years ago to a summertime Greek Festival, where lamb is in just about everything, and i guess she just does not like the taste of it, she never really told me why.

one recipe even calls for ground turkey.......but that'll just make me sleepy, after we eat it.

Having my second cup just got back from the gym and having a bowl of oatmeal enjoying another beautiful morning. Have a great Friday y’all
speaking of oatmeal....

imma gonna start stocking up on that....fall is like down the street.

i love a bowl in the mornings.......i have been buying the walmart brand, actually quite good, the trick is to let the boiled water set in the oatmeal a bit longer that say Quaker Oat brand.

otherwise, i can't beat the price of the walmart brand.

also, gonna stock up on Quaker Grits.......no substitute for that.

speaking of oatmeal....

imma gonna start stocking up on that....fall is like down the street.

i love a bowl in the mornings.......i have been buying the walmart brand, actually quite good, the trick is to let the boiled water set in the oatmeal a bit longer that say Quaker Oat brand.

otherwise, i can't beat the price of the walmart brand.

also, gonna stock up on Quaker Grits.......no substitute for that.
yep - tell ya what I do - I put in the raisins or blueberries in the bowl bottom, cover with oatmeal, flood the bowl with enough to soak it then sit for 10-15 mins, then heat

Cleaned the .45 Lightning this morning. Tried some bullets in the .38 Rossi and no Bueno. Couldn't load 10. Took the mag spring out, swabbed the magazine and reassembled. Loaded 10 rounds and they all cycled fine. The stock on a '97 clone loosened last time I tried it, so took it off, put some fingernail polish on the threads and added a lock washer.
Went to see Reagan, the movie. I give it a solid B. They had a brief bit about Dixon, Illinois since he lived there for a time (was a lifeguard on the river). I met my wife there and we married before moving to AZ.

Getting through coffee #2. Just got off the phone with Springfield CS, and I'm satisfied with the answers they gave me.

1. I put an Echelon on layaway on July 28th. My receipts all say that the firearm was sold on July 28th. I asked if it would be eligible for the Gear Up because I haven't paid it off yet, and I was told to just include the transfer receipt from my FFL and they would honor it. I kind of thought so, but I just wanted to make sure.

2. Since I committed to that gun, I have been looking at the availability of the small OD green grip module (in case I need one), which seems to be out of stock EVERYWHERE. The CS rep told me that they are coming (so is Christmas, but hey.. 😎). I could still go two toned if I want.

Anyway, I suppose I better get in gear and get ready to head into town. The range calls.... ;)
How did it go at the range?

Hi,

I was there to help set up for the event. I was there to help clean up after the event. It turned out well but now it's time for...

20240830_195505.jpg

This is a fruit punch IPA that is surprisingly refreshing, like a Summer Shandy, despite being a high gravity 9.5% ABV. Yum!

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Back