testtest

What are you doing right now??

Now I have an 11:45 appointment for fasting bloodwork. Starving! Only a couple of hours til lunch.
In the meantime, I loaded a box of .38s and a box of shotshells and cleaned all our guns. They were filthy after two days in a dusty, dirty match. Hoping for a good match this week. I wouldn't mind connecting with a guy who can work on at least one Lightning rifle, the latest casualty has a weak cartridge lifter.

Now I have an 11:45 appointment for fasting bloodwork. Starving! Only a couple of hours til lunch.
In the meantime, I loaded a box of .38s and a box of shotshells and cleaned all our guns. They were filthy after two days in a dusty, dirty match. Hoping for a good match this week. I wouldn't mind connecting with a guy who can work on at least one Lightning rifle, the latest casualty has a weak cartridge lifter.
i find it strange an appointment is needed for blood work..

here, we either walk in with the doctors lab request, or we just walk in as the lab has the lab work request already sent in by the doctor.

i could never make any appointments for lab work, especially a urine test....

no way, no how can i "pee on time"..........

it's either coming..........or its not.

wife wanted to make chicken cutlets for tonight's dinner

so she sent me out to buy them......she regretted that.

i bought chicken strips.

"waa-waa-waaa"...........on my aching ear drums.

so she looked online for chicken cutlets, printed me out the pic, and the next time she sends me for chicken cutlets, i am to take the pic with me, or "don't come home she said".

i said, "fine, the young gal at the store counter has been asking me if i am married"

"should i tell her yes or no"..??

wife said.......words that will get this posting deleted.

needless to say.........the wife said she will go shopping with me..........i'll just take her to a different market..!!!!!!

Ready for the range now. might shorten up the suppressor.

20241022_140735.jpg
20241022_140810.jpg

i find it strange an appointment is needed for blood work..

here, we either walk in with the doctors lab request, or we just walk in as the lab has the lab work request already sent in by the doctor.

i could never make any appointments for lab work, especially a urine test....

no way, no how can i "pee on time"..........

it's either coming..........or its not.
Well, it's a long story. I had to sign in on a kiosk and it gave me an appointment time, so I returned for the appointment. I finally asked the staff about my appointment and they were surprised. I don't know why. It turns out, you are supposed to ignore the appointment and that the machine only did it at the beginning of their shift. I was there at 7 am, being told by another office that they did walk ins. I waited for an hour to get my 5 minutes and done. We then went to Chili's for lunch and got stiffed by the bartender while others were served. What the hell? Anyway, we got fed and later went to happy hour where we were served promptly with cold beer and later a shot of tequila. All is right now with the world.
Sometimes things in a small town leave much to be desired, but I find satisfaction in a smaller community with lower costs, less traffic and much less crime. It's been a day, but it's over and time to think about the BIG MATCH in a few days. We'll pick up our shooter packets tomorrow and the match will start on Thursday. I wait all year for this one.

Back