testtest

What have you bought firearms related in the last 48 hours?

So far 4 members have given me likes for this question. No one has tried to answer it, my guess it was dumb question to start with. Maybe I've been infected with Joe Biden syndrome.
Just about any gun store will take trades. You certainly won't get what the firearm is worth though. My local LGS will put your firearm on Gunbroker for 20% of what it sells for.

So far 4 members have given me likes for this question. No one has tried to answer it, my guess it was dumb question to start with. Maybe I've been infected with Joe Biden syndrome.
I trade in at LGS … standard return on investment is 60% of market value as they have to turn around and sell it themselves ..
I’d find a state for sale forum for your state. Sell and agree to pay for shipping

Or … find a consignment LGS and sell it that way.. a friend did that recently

emp4.jpg

s&w 40smith m&p from impact (hopefully all goes well and shipped soon)

kkm 357sig threaded barrel to replace the 40smith

parts from carver custom .....tungsten guiderods, recoil springs -/+ pressures and brakes.

what i need now is a rear site adapter to mount a rds.......time for some searching.........................................waiting to get the firearm in before ordering upgrades like a possible apex trigger (maybe just the trigger and not the kit) or just reusing the factory flat-faced from the 45 or 10's?

Glad to be able to help out every once in a while. Being an old fart , it doesn't happen often. ;) :ROFLMAO:
Good Morning Papa, Took your advise and bought 1000 FMJ 124 Federal and already have it for hollow point. Will order another box or 2 of HST hollow point. Wondering about cleaning plan. After I shoot the last of Blazer and Aguila and clean Hilda Hellcat up-how to schedule new plan. Do you clean after a certain number of rounds? Every month or whenever? Want to take care of her after feeding her well. Thanks, Blessings.

Good Morning Papa, Took your advise and bought 1000 FMJ 124 Federal and already have it for hollow point. Will order another box or 2 of HST hollow point. Wondering about cleaning plan. After I shoot the last of Blazer and Aguila and clean Hilda Hellcat up-how to schedule new plan. Do you clean after a certain number of rounds? Every month or whenever? Want to take care of her after feeding her well. Thanks, Blessings.
I clean all guns every time I shoot them.

As Bassbob said , I also clean my firearms after every trip to the range. My carry guns get cleaned at least every 2 weeks. Want to make sure there isn't any lint or other such junk gumming up the works.

When I took my re-qualification class for my CCL , I only fired 33 rounds . 3 rounds to make certain I could hit what I wanted to and the other 30 for the testing. I went home after and cleaned my firearm.

Point taken, thanks. I usually shoot 3-15 mags and 2 -17 mags. I sit in front of U Tube and go step by step cleaning only removing spring&barrel, last time I had sparks & smoke when I shot after cleaning and was told too much lube on the rails (have not done it anywhere else)Thanks for your help.
Striker fired guns generally only need one drop of oil in about 5 places. They are designed to run pretty dry unlike a 1911 or an AR-15. Your user manual will tell you exactly where and how much lube/oil to use.

My general method with strikers is to break the gun down, run a brush through the barrel, then run a patch soaked with bore solvent through it and let it sit while you clean the rest of the gun. Then use your cleaner of choice ( CLP, Hoppes, Nitro solvent, etc.) and apply a conservative amount to the slide, being careful not to get ANY solvent or oil into the striker channel. Then take a soft bristled brush and scrub it. Then take clean rags ( I use cotton t-shirts or whatever cut into approximately 2"x 2" squares) and wipe all the solvent off the slide. You will want to use Q-tips or cotton swabs of some sort to get into the crevices on the rails and other tight areas. Just try not to get anything into the striker channel. Once it's clean and dry set it aside and grab the frame. Lightly spray a little oil or CLP on a rag or sometimes I'll just use a clean dry rag and wipe down everything you can get to, again using Q tips in hard to reach places. If it has carbon on it, you want to wipe it off. It generally comes off the frame pretty easily. Run a clean rag through the magwell, wipe down the metal components on the rear of the frame. Once it's clean and dry there are a couple spots that get a drop of oil. Your manual will tell you exactly where, but there will be two places on each side of the frame that the slide rolls over. 2 in back and 2 up front. They'll look like little squares and can be metal or polymer depending on the gun. Each of those gets 1 drop of oil. Then looking into the metal mechanical/moving parts of the frame, manipulate the trigger and you will see a little arm that comes up and contacts another little metal piece. One drop of oil goes there. Then run patches down the barrel, one patch per pass, until they come out clean and dry. Then put a small amount of oil on a clean patch and run it down the barrel one time. Then a drop of oil on the hood of the barrel ( the part you can see through the top of the slide when the gun is assembled, which is where the slide moves across the barrel. That's it for lube. Then assemble the gun and cycle it to check function.

My apologies if you already know this or if my explanation seemed a little "Dumbed down" for lack of a better term, but I don't know how familiar you are with the nomenclature or cleaning the gun so I thought I would explain it where anyone could understand it. My main point is that after cleaning your gun it should be clean and DRY. Then only apply a drop of oil on those few spots. This is a general instruction and you should definitely consult your operators manual for actual instructions.

Of course when you may only have shot a box or two through your gun you can either just give it a good wipe down to get any dirt or moisture off of it and do a clean maybe after the next time you shoot. I clean mine every time, but I probably don't need to. You can also get a bore snake, put a little bore solvent on it, run it through the barrel a few times, then take a patch and run it through using the end of your plastic, soft bristled scrub brush, then run a lightly oiled rag through the same way. You can pretty much do most cleaning your striker guns without ever using a cleaning rod.

A million ways to skin a cat.

Back