testtest

When it comes down to it, what is your "go to" EDC?

rcurtner beat me to it. I’m not chubby and outside of summer “t-shirt” weather I carry OWB at 3:30-ish with an unbuttoned overshirt.
I have owb holsters also and carry under a loose shirt most of the time. The holster I use now is a slightly modified 1791 leather holster which is very comfortable and sits tight to my body.
1791.jpg

I own several handguns but my daily carry is a S&W 642 that I pocket carry the majority of the time and sometimes AIWB. For me it works as a compromise of practical efficiency and comfort.
Would I feel better prepared carrying a Glock 19? Of course. But I’m retired now and years of wearing a duty belt have given me all kinds of back/hip problems.
I applaud the people out there who strap on a larger firearm and multiple magazines. Just don’t want to be one.

Now if the political “summer of love” kicks off again and the various left wing thugs start running amok I might do things differently.

If things really get bad I can see my Glock 19 in an owb holster being a possibility. That would be the pistol to go to war with if I had to.

Really hope it doesn’t ever get that bad.

I understand completely the back and hip problems. I wore a duty belt for 28 years. I started in 1979 in the heyday of the S&W Stainless .357 revolvers. We eventually switched to Beretta 92's. I did crime scene work primarily, and I quickly came to the conclusion that the beretta, and 3 magazines of weight and bulk was way too much to be climbing around and crawling into small places. I had the option of going back to the .357 and did until the world got crazy. I am sure the weight of the duty belt is responsible for the hip and back pain I experience as well.

I find the EDC an evolving practice. Since my previous post on this thread I have been thinking of carrying more full size guns and not as many micro/subcompacts. I like the control of the slightly larger frame (noticeable after recent issues) although would still probably use the Plus or Hellcat on the neighborhood dog walks.

When it comes down to it, carry the least expensive ( while accurate and reliable) piece in your lineup. The chances of you ever seeing it again if you have to use it are next to nill.
There's some truth to this depending on where you are. Universally you won't get the gun back until the investigation is over though.

I still don't base my carry options on that though. If I did I would still be carrying the Shield .45.

When it comes down to it, carry the least expensive ( while accurate and reliable) piece in your lineup. The chances of you ever seeing it again if you have to use it are next to nill.
Second Call Defense has a pistol return clause in their policy. If I’m ever in a shooting situation and the police inevitably take my gun, and (again inevitably) they refuse to return it promptly, Second Call will buy me a new one. Don’t know if the other companies have the same policy but I have no problem taking out whatever gun I choose for the situation.

Back