testtest

G3c slide finish

John Marszalek

Operator
Good evening. I'm new here. I am a proud owner of a taurus g3c. Great gun, however today I went down a rabbit hole for most of day trying to fix a mistake i made which started by me trying to hide a scratch on my g3c slide. Ended up causing more damage. Long story short I made it worse by messing with it. I had to sand down the top of my g3c slide to fix my stupidity. It now looks more gun finish then the black. It does not look bad but I'm pissed of course. Will I still have the tenifer protection underneath? Also I know the slide is steel. Can i use casey Birchwood as it says won't work on stainless steel? I am hoping I can improve what i have and not spend money on new slide. Not sure if anyone had a similar issue and if so do you have advice? Trying not to take in the pistol. This could be more my ocd then anything but hate to see imperfections especially ones that I made worse.

Good evening. I'm new here. I am a proud owner of a taurus g3c. Great gun, however today I went down a rabbit hole for most of day trying to fix a mistake i made which started by me trying to hide a scratch on my g3c slide. Ended up causing more damage. Long story short I made it worse by messing with it. I had to sand down the top of my g3c slide to fix my stupidity. It now looks more gun finish then the black. It does not look bad but I'm pissed of course. Will I still have the tenifer protection underneath? Also I know the slide is steel. Can i use casey Birchwood as it says won't work on stainless steel? I am hoping I can improve what i have and not spend money on new slide. Not sure if anyone had a similar issue and if so do you have advice? Trying not to take in the pistol. This could be more my ocd then anything but hate to see imperfections especially ones that I made worse.
I'm not sure about finishing the slide but @xdman can probably offer some advice.

It looks like Taurus has a complete slide with optic plates included for only $150.00 if all else fails.

If it’s like the Tenifer of the older Gen3 Glocks, the black finish is not the Tenifer, the Tenifer is under the black finish, Tenifer is actually a treatment to the metal, the black finish is additional measure to help guard against rust and corrosion, not sure how Taurus does there Tenifer process

Welcome to the forum. You’ve already gotten some good input here.
Get the conversion kit for $150 (relatively inexpensive, optics ready upgrade) and shoot what what you currently have, scratches and all. When it really begins to bug you start using the the clean one. Maybe think about an optic. Sounds like you can work with both slides and try your hand at shooting with an optic if you choose.

I hear that elevenifer finish is better.
07C4A54B-310F-4730-B0A2-3C58997CD6B3.gif

Welcome to the forum. You’ve already gotten some good input here.
Get the conversion kit for $150 (relatively inexpensive, optics ready upgrade) and shoot what what you currently have, scratches and all. When it really begins to bug you start using the the clean one. Maybe think about an optic. Sounds like you can work with both slides and try your hand at shooting with an optic if you choose.
Thanks Mike! Good idea.

Back