testtest

What are you doing right now??

Todays hike.

The Bear Grass and other wildflowers are blooming up from the trailhead. With increasing elevation the veg went from early summer to late winter .

View attachment 61019View attachment 61027
Ran into a confused Mom. I flushed her three little kids at a point on the trail. She (Spruce grouse) came up to me looking for them. I told her were they went but wouldn't listen.

View attachment 61020

I tried to flush her but she ran up the trail ahead of me I would stop and admonish her so she would run back to me with a confused look on her face.

View attachment 61021

This happened 3X. Finally I flushed her back down the trail towards her kids.

Ran into the remnant snow banks ~200 ft. below the saddle. The snow was deep & rotten and covering the trail for a distance so I bypassed two biggest fields walking along the edges in the melted off open parts. Finally got up on the saddle near the view point where I was heading.

View attachment 61022
View attachment 61023
A short walk to my destination.

View attachment 61024
View attachment 61025
View attachment 61026

Nice views as always, still lots of snow up high & you could see other mountain ranges ~100 mi. away in all directions.

View attachment 61028

3 hrs. up & 2 hrs. back down to my rig, then down to town.
That … Is … awesome … 🕺🕺🕺👍👍👍👍🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸

Todays hike.

The Bear Grass and other wildflowers are blooming up from the trailhead. With increasing elevation the veg went from early summer to late winter .

Ran into a confused Mom. I flushed her three little kids at a point on the trail. She (Spruce grouse) came up to me looking for them. I told her were they went but wouldn't listen.

View attachment 61020

I tried to flush her but she ran up the trail ahead of me I would stop and admonish her so she would run back to me with a confused look on her face.

View attachment 61021

Ran into the remnant snow banks ~200 ft. below the saddle. The snow was deep & rotten and covering the trail for a distance so I bypassed two biggest fields walking along the edges in the melted off open parts. Finally got up on the saddle near the view point where I was heading.

View attachment 61022
View attachment 61023

View attachment 61024
View attachment 61025
View attachment 61026

Nice views as always, still lots of snow up high & you could see other mountain ranges ~100 mi. away in all directions.

View attachment 61028

Wow.

Having an after dinner beverage ….
IMG_6950.jpeg
Wait for it …..

IMG_6951.jpeg

Yeah, the only upside so far as it hasn’t been warm enough consistently for mosquitoes to hatch in huge numbers. Wait for it…
Except for tropical storms and hurricanes our weather stays pretty much the same year to year. We all pretty well know what to expect but we have to have something to gripe about. Come July and August our temps will be the high 90's to low 100's and dry. Usually our winters are fairly mild with maybe a few days in the high teens and a fair amount of rain.

Todays hike.

View attachment 61020

View attachment 61021

View attachment 61022
View attachment 61023

View attachment 61024
View attachment 61025
View attachment 61026

View attachment 61028

There are times I sure miss that part of the world.

Back